MOURNING in AMERICA
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 22, 2010
Citizens for the Republic has launched a national television advertising campaign with the release of its 60-second TV spot, "Mourning in America." ... http://cftr.org
The ad -- a twist on the 1984 Reagan campaign's fabled "Better, Prouder, Stronger" ad, the best-known of the "Morning in America" series -- captures the nation's mood today as well as the original ad captured the mood of the nation's electorate a quarter-century ago.
This ad -- called 'Mourning in America' -- is about failed leadership, about a government growing out of control, about a government taking away our ability to make important choices. It's about an America that's suffering because of the failed policies and failed leadership of President Obama -- and reminding Americans that they can change that with their vote on November 2.
When Ronald Reagan took office in 1981, America was depressed. Inflation and interest rates were sky high, the economy was lagging, and around the world it seemed as if we had a 'kick me' sign on our back. But under Ronald Reagan's leadership -- and with the kind of pro-freedom, pro-growth policies he enacted with bipartisan support -- America turned the corner, and came back strong. The 'Better, Prouder, Stronger' ad succeeded in the 1984 campaign, and became one of the greatest political ads of all time, because it so brilliantly captured the zeitgeist of the age.
But the national mood today is quite different than that which prevailed a quarter century ago. Instead of a government working to unleash America's entrepreneurs, our government today works to handicap them with a heavier tax burden and more regulation, and loads trillions of dollars of debt upon our children and grandchildren.
We see the results all around us -- shuttered businesses, 15 million Americans unemployed, a national debt that will double in five years and triple in ten, an out-of-control government which recklessly spends as if there's no tomorrow.
Take heart, America. With the right kind of leadership, and the right kind of policies, America can come back. Ronald Reagan proved that.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: http://cftr.org/
Citizens for the Republic, Inc. is a 501(c)(4) tax-exempt entity;
contributions to CFTR are not tax deductible.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:36:47 BBC Storyville: American Idol - Ronald Reagan Documentaryby Dinimess2k769,988 views
- 5:50 The Humor of Ronald Reaganby ReaganClub1,359,522 views
- 2:24 Millions of Unemployed Americans Will Not Find Jobsby theGlobalReport13,103 views
- 2:53 Gold and Silver Are Sounding The Alarmby InflationUS145,203 views
- 1:26 Tea Party Commercial: I'm Voting for Libertyby LandofDaFree33,028 views
- 14:38 Golden Princess Chefs Table Alaska Cruiseby Adam Johnson2,653 views
- 5:09 JOHN BOEHNER: "An Emotional Victory Speech"by MADatCongress8,296 views
- 5:44 Reagan, Clinton, Ford, Bush I and Bush II Explain it all to Obamaby Hometheaterdoctor438,013 views
- 1:24 AMERICAN CONSERVATIVE - PATRIOTIC TV COMMERCIAL MONTAGEby BuckMcNeely7,113 views
- 1:10:36 Will Reagan and United Pursuit- Live at the Banks House (Full Album)by ignitionofjena142,214 views
- 4:45 Bill Maher New rules-- Ronald Reagan was the Original Teabaggerby TheBMView180,033 views
- 4:39 Reagan Warned Us About Obamaby Calvin King5,698,338 views
- 1:56 The Future of the U.S. Dollar: on the Brink of Collapseby futureofdollar11,523 views
- 4:20 Ronald Reagan for Reagan/Bush '84by Travis Church35,465 views
- 2:39 !!BEST 'ODDBALL' POLITICAL ADS!!by NATUREANDNEWZ644 views
- 2:35 Ross Perot in 1992 on NAFTA and the "Giant Sucking Sound"by KramerDSP12,890 views
- 1:31 Citizens For the Republic's "Mourning in America" ad on Hardball - September 22, 2010by SBPublicAffairs408 views
- 29:33 "A Time for Choosing" by Ronald Reaganby ReaganFoundation762,095 views
- 1:31 Full body scanner shows all (demo)by josephcmiller2948,086 views
- 2:00 Good Mourning Free World-Go back to Sleep-1776 is 1984....flvby StraightGateKeepers1,664 views
- Loading more suggestions...