A Deeper Shade Of Blue Official trailer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 17, 2012
Like us at https://www.facebook.com/GarageEntert...
Buy Action Sports DVDs from Garage Entertainment at http://www.garageentertainment.com.au/
A Deeper Shade of Blue is the much-anticipated new film from award-winning surfing film maker Jack McCoy, the man behind cult titles such as Occy the Occumentary and Blue Horizon, and one of the most respected film makers in the industry. Set to inspire, educate and update, A Deeper Shade of Blue is the most comprehensive story of surfing ever told. The film is the 25th release from McCoy, who is set to be recognised with a Lifetime Achievement Award at the X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival in Salt Lake City, Utah this week. His stellar career has seen him make music videos for Sir Paul McCartney, capture the unprecedented big wave action of Laird Hamilton and shoot some of history's biggest surfing legends: Gerry Lopez, Andy Irons and Dave Rastovich among others.
A Deeper Shade of Blue combines innovative cinematography techniques with a unique narrative structure to uncover and encapsulate the history and culture of surfing like never before. Not a 'surf movie' but a film about the art's deepest roots, it tells the story of surfing as Hawaii's greatest gift to the world, from its ancient beginnings as a Waikiki tourist attraction to today's $6 billion-a-year global industry. Told in eleven cleverly entwined chapters and featuring narratives from today's leading surfers Jordy Smith, Jamie O'Brien and Stephanie Gilmore, the film describes the evolution of surfboards, from wooden blanks in Hawaii to today's mind-blowing inventions for every type of wave. It also describes how two female surfers were responsible for surfing's rise to worldwide fame -- Hawaiian Princess Kaiulani who resurrected surfing in the late 1800s after a Missionary ban, and Malibu surfing legend 'Gidget' who brought surfing to the masses in the late 1950s through a TV show and movies. Before Gidget burst into the mass media, there were less than a thousand surfers in the world.
Set to inspire and move surf fanatics and non-surfers alike, A Deeper Shade of Blue is backed by an exhilarating soundtrack from the likes of Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Jack Johnson and Paul McCartney, and features ground-breaking camerawork to bring viewers an unprecedented experience of the waves, enabling them to see and feel the waves as only a surfer can. McCoy pioneered the use of a high powered underwater scooter to travel along behind waves underwater at speeds of up to 15km per hour. McCoy's HD camera was mounted to the scooter and designed to tilt up or down as well as spin 360 degrees, allowing him to capture footage from all angles. The viewer is propelled into the surfer's captivating world through the power of the film, ensuring A Deeper Shade of Blue's future classic status.
Describing the work involved in producing his best film ever, Jack says: "The aim of the movie was to tell the full story of surfing in a way that truly encapsulates its spirit and how the art of surf won hearts and continues to conquer the globe. It was a lot of fun to make. I think the result is pretty magical and hope that there's something in there for everyone." Distributed by Garage Entertainment, A Deeper Shade of Blue will be showing at selected Hoyts cinemas and independent cinemas from Thursday 22nd March, 2012.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:41 A Deeper Shade of Blue Official Trailer 2by GARAGEaustraliaNZ1,311 views
- 4:49 'A Deeper Shade of Blue' Backstage at Teahupoo | Garage Entertainmentby GARAGEaustraliaNZ8,637 views
- 4:06 The Heart & The Sea Trailerby GARAGEaustraliaNZ17,206 views
- 5:14 Derek Hynd - A DEEPER SHADE OF BLUE Webisodeby GARAGEaustraliaNZ7,177 views
- 7:44 Dave Rastovich Hawaii Experienceby billabong53,712 views
- 15:53 The Steps Story: Looking Backby Steps In A Day14,333 views
- 4:45 Koi Pond Build.wmvby sharpelk37,624 views
- 6:56 Andy Irons High5 sequence (one of the last AI sequence in a surfmovie)by Goffio6953,990 views
- 10:13 Andy Irons Tribute by Surfer Magazineby Guilherme Suzano290,657 views
- 3:23 Rasta Surfs Grain Surfboards Waka Fishby GrainSurfboards77,211 views
- 15:06 "Code Red" Full Movie - Surfing Goes Huge At Teahupoo Tahitiby Network A2,117,116 views
- 1:40 Pipe Underwater - TransWorld SURFby transworld15,440 views
- 5:25 Marty Paradisis SHIPSTERNS BLUFF 'A Deeper Shade of Blue' | Garage Entertainmentby GARAGEaustraliaNZ12,130 views
- 2:52 Gerry Lopez in Mentawai - From Water Man Filmby Ada Ombak4,721 views
- 38:24 SurfMadness! Full Movieby SurfersvillageTV52,503 views
- 2:57 Pipe to Outer Reefby SurfingXtreme53,299 views
- 3:23 Dave Rastovich (INNERSECTION Summer 2011)by innersectiontv23,909 views
- 2:50 Rasta - i surf because short filmby billabong252,203 views
- 3:38 Come Hell or High Water (official trailer) by Keith Malloyby TheSurfNetwork16,277 views
- 3:31 Kelly Slater: The Power of the Wavesby plumtv375,637 views
- Loading more suggestions...