Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 23, 2010
## PLEASE, WRITE YOUR COMMENTS IN ENGLISH. THANKS! ##
English video about the Catalan fiscal plundering comitted by Spain:
Nobel Prize in Economics, F.E. Kydland, not surprised if Catalonia becomes independent:
Former IMF Chief Economist says Catalonia would be "one of the richest countries in the world if it were independent":
Catalonia is a nation within Spain with its own language and culture. For many years, Catalonia has been submitted to several oppressive laws that looked for Spain's homogeneity by settling a single language and centralizing power, and trying to extinct any other identity different from the Spanish one. In 1978, after fascist Franco's dictatorship, Catalonia gained a certain level of auto-government but today Spain is limiting our capacity to further administrate our justice, economy and language issues.
Independentism in Catalonia has been growing during the last 30 years, and many Spaniards think that Catalonia's independence is a silly thing. They argue that Catalan nationalism is a bad thing, but they never talk about Spanish nationalism, which, for them, is the only one that is good. Furthermore, being independentist does not necessarily mean being nationalist! I like being independent from other people, but that does not mean I am better than them!
Catalan independentism does not mean hating Spain: it simply looks for a better status for Catalonia, which is as legitimate as for France, Germany, Spain or any other country.
This video debates some of the arguments given against Catalonia's viability as an independent nation, and it is based on an article from Xavier Sala-i-Martin, a Catalan-American professor of economics at Columbia University.
#### ATTENTION PLEASE ####
Due to the original language of this video and its intention to be broadcasted abroad, I would be grateful if you could post your comments in English, please. Don't worry about your English is good or bad. Just try it! Anyway, you also can use Google Translate! ;-)
Standard YouTube License
- 3:37 Mascaró: "El Barça es catalán, no español"by PuntoPelota Con Carlos G. Hirschfeld Featured 65,132
- 59:47 Catalonia: The future is another countryby catalunyaaccio32,383 views
- 39:45 SPANISH SECRET CONFLICT (Documentary about Catalan Independence)by Reencounter withRoots48,798 views
- 9:58 Histoire de la Catalogneby Brice Lafontaine12,977 views
- 7:12 Catalonia: Europe's Next Country?by Mark Ayling17,488 views
- 12:14 ¡A mí me hablas en español! (CATALANOFOBIA)by focusingsvlogs2,473,673 views
- 5:36 Spain: Calls for Catalan Independence | European Journalby DW (English)6,454 views
- 38:56 Razones para la independencia de Cataluña Catalunyaby Los Garcia Y Catalunya6,557 views
- 23:06 Entrevista a Oriol Junqueras a 'Los Desayunos' de TVEby EsquerraTV10,931 views
- 9:36 Catalonia's independence - Independencia de Catalunyaby maxdejuan111,163 views
- 43:06 Oriol Junqueras a 'La noche en 24 horas' de TVEby EsquerraTV13,744 views
- 15:00 Alfons López Tena [Dando caña - Intereconomía - 11/03/2011]by mgpSI98,715 views
- 15:01 LA PIZARRA DE MANU SANCHEZ INDEPENDENCIA DE CATALUNYA CANAL SUR 1/3by elkiyo0951,822 views
- 6:04 Catalonia's independence to be explained by a New Yorkerby Catalan Process20,844 views
- 2:05:36 Xavier Sala i Martin. "És l'hora dels adéus?"by sobira nisme10,013 views
- 47:05 DAÑOS COLATERALES Cataluñaby Daños Colaterales8,381 views
- 38:56 Como Madrid roba a Cataluña con total impunidad (y encima nos insultan)by Miguel Celades Rex111,544 views
- 2:04 Why does Catalonia want to become independent?by Maria Padró Casas24,537 views
- 6:12 BBC - Catalunya dirà adéu a Espanya?by Catalan Process25,684 views
- 1:18 "Háblame en catalán"by Moreta1985659,766 views
- Loading more suggestions...