The Magic Rotor
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 10, 2008
JALCO alloy wheel has only 16 spokes (12"X230).
The video clip shows how to assemble the Magic Rotor. There is a video clip entitled " the bicycle wheel generator with magic rotor." Watch it and read the description as well.
In looking at the pictures, you should be able to see that the rotor is made of 8 identical magnet holders. The magnets are located above the rim. In attempting to make your version of the rotor, you will take into consideration the size of the magnets that you want to use. By example, if your magnets are 3" in diameter,
You will need to make the holder tall enough to clear about 3.5" above the rim since you do not want magnets or coils to touch the pressure bolts. In the video clip, the attractive magnetic force is the only thing holding the rotor together. If you happen to use this primitive prototype rotor model to build an alternator, you will need to replace the wood with other materials that are not affected by humidity.
Some people will declare that you cannot possibly get enough power from this generator. I will simply remind these people that power of the magnet is what matters.
For very strong magnets, you can consider using motorcycle or scooter wheels that have hubs that are stronger and have stronger axles.
In this "lab" model, I used a JALCO wheel that has a yellow label with these words on it:
JALCO 6061 ALLOY Made in Taiwan 10" X 203.
I contacted the company and asked about the wheels. They wanted to know how many I needed. I replied that I could use 1000 wheels in one year. They simply ignored me.
It does not look like these small JALCO wheels were made for bicycles. I found some on ebay, but the dealer could not guarantee a steady supply. Since I could not find a steady supply of small wheels with a narrow rim, I decided not to improve the design. I now focus on using just bicycle wheel hubs. If you know a source for these small wheels, please let me know. The narrower the rim the better
Thank you PRPaul
Note: If you stop the video tape, you will be able to see the round magnets that are attached on the wider section of the wood paddle. First, I started with a disk. Then, I cut the disk into four sclices. The elephant head shape that I ended up with allowed me to avoid the spokes when placing the narrow part of the paddle behind the flange of the bicycle hub. As the magnets attract each other above the rim, the narrow part of the paddle is pushed against the inner part of the flange. The magnetic attractive force between two paddles facing each other, forces the paddles to behave like levers. I drilled a couple of holes through which I inserted a couple of bolts to help keep the paddles in place as the wheel rotates at high speed. But in this video clip, the rotor is held together by magnetic forces alone.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:54 HAITIAN ALTERNATOR1by Generatorblue Generator blues236,042 views
- 7:55 PEREPITEIA GENERATOR DEMO VIDEO - Part 6by speccy248,332 views
- 6:57 This is just TOO cool! (Danger: Do not try at YOUR home)by YouHelpBuild537,600 views
- 8:18 Ceiling Fan Alternator 125+ voltsby Generatorblue Generator blues182,000 views
- 9:55 Bedini High Voltage Without D.C. Power Supplyby DadHav2,019,092 views
- 0:51 homemade DIY windmill with bike hub dynamo 2by dotternetta54,677 views
- 7:25 Rotor Assembly of a Permanent Magnet Axial Flux Alternatorby wind2volts160,428 views
- 72 videos Play all Mathematical devicesby ElicaTeam
- 3:01 Flight Test Video#1by baldwintechnology182,995 views
- 8:37 How to Make an Inexpensive Vertical Wind Turbine - Part 1by embeddedprogrammer1,395,538 views
- 15:48 wood alternator (PMA)by Generatorblue Generator blues3,370 views
- 7:15 How to build a Dual Rotor Axial Flux Alternator PMA for a Wind Turbineby wind2volts315,061 views
- 2:04 New Wind Power - The Wind Belt Inventionby FreeGlobalEnergy693,920 views
- 8:59 How to Make an Inexpensive Vertical Wind Turbine - Part 2by embeddedprogrammer598,854 views
- 0:51 Windmill on Wheelby Generatorblue Generator blues37,745 views
- 9:59 MAGNETIC LEVITATION Vertical Axis Wind Turbine NEODYMIUM MAGNET aka rare earth magnetsby GREENPOWERSCIENCE1,271,254 views
- 6:51 free energy generator - outside - filmed in one takeby LifeHack20123,788,679 views
- 3:27 JB weld Stirling w/ Alternatorby IronGoober31,651 views
- 3:17 Garrow Aircraft's Verticopter VTOL conceptby theworacle1,258,936 views
- 0:59 Earth Motor "one of a kind"by Lorrie Matchett337,308 views