NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 23, 2008
See the link to the chart for the results of trade with Mexico. The year NAFTA was ratified, America had a $1 billion trade surplus with Mexico. By 1995, America had a $16 billion trade deficit with Mexico. Today, America's trade deficit with Mexico is $74 billion. The facts in the chart make President Clinton, Vice President Gore and all the newspaper editors who wrote editorials supporting NAFTA look like complete idiots or worse. Ross Perot was absolutely right even though he was not effective in the debate. Again, no matter what your views are on NAFTA, the chart (link below) speaks for itself.
Also, this video is significant because it documents how NAFTA was sold to America by its elected leaders. In hindsight, some of the most ridiculous statements I heard from the debate was from Vice President Al Gore:
1) "They [GM] have started to move jobs back from Mexico to the United States."
2) "If he [Ross Perot] is right, then you give six months notice and you're out of it [NAFTA]."
Lessons learned: Any time your government tries to sell you on a free trade deal with another country that has disparate living and environmental standards, don't believe it. President Bill Clinton also made similar claims about free trade with Communist China when he signed a free trade agreement with that country in 1999. Today, the US has lost countless jobs to Communist China and suffers a staggering and unsustainable $250 billion annual trade deficit with that country.
Commentary - Losing Our Independence:
Chart: 20 Years of Trade With Mexico. Note how the US trade surplus with Mexico turned into large deficits soon after NAFTA was ratified in 1993.
Video shared here under "Fair Use Section 107" for educational and discussion purposes only.
This is part 1 of 8
Standard YouTube License
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 2 of 8by naftafailure37,193 views
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 4 of 8by naftafailure20,688 views
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 3 of 8by naftafailure19,863 views
- 28:34 Ross Perot 1992 - Balancing the Budget & Reforming Governmentby Samuel Wilson5,595 views
- 5:40 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 8 of 8by naftafailure16,741 views
- 9:53 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 5 of 8by naftafailure13,980 views
- 5 videos Play all NAFTA Debate - Perot vs Gore 1993by CounterRevolutionary
- 16:51 Milton Friedman debates a protectionistby StatelessLiberty74,148 views
- 2:06 Perot Told Us 20 YEARS AGO PEOPLE! This Would Happen And It Did...by firstflyover10,797 views
- 1:14:26 Ross Perot vs. Al Gore NAFTA Debate FULL! 1993by yeoldbasser7,192 views
- 7:05 Ross Perot on CSPAN Oct. 1, 2012 Discusses the US Economyby myebay4u6,025 views
- 9:52 Al Gore - I Was Wrong About Global Warming... Learn About It.mp4by MrJacktemplar57,827 views
- 3:48 Carrie Prejean Abruptly Leaves Larry King Interview Yahoo! TV Blogby ACoxon1,631,711 views
- 48:12 Noam Chomsky Interview on NAFTA, Reagan,etc (1993)by TheEthanwashere3,664 views
- 27:37 The History of NAFTA and the Council on Foreign Relationsby TCCTV21,285 views
- 2:57 NAFTA Superhighwayby alma43454647164,010 views
- 1:31:12 1992 Presidential Debate with George HW Bush, Bill Clinton & Ross Perotby CSPANJUNKIEd0tORG120,283 views
- 2:35 Giant Sucking Sound - Ross Perot 1992 Presidential Debate.flvby TheFedBites185,268 views
- 7:38 The Wonderful World of NAFTA (Part 2/2)by Paul Rodenburg57,168 views
- 3:43 Al Gore, please apologizeby sickoftalking28,256 views