NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 23, 2008
See the link to the chart for the results of trade with Mexico. The year NAFTA was ratified, America had a $1 billion trade surplus with Mexico. By 1995, America had a $16 billion trade deficit with Mexico. Today, America's trade deficit with Mexico is $74 billion. The facts in the chart make President Clinton, Vice President Gore and all the newspaper editors who wrote editorials supporting NAFTA look like complete idiots or worse. Ross Perot was absolutely right even though he was not effective in the debate. Again, no matter what your views are on NAFTA, the chart (link below) speaks for itself.
Also, this video is significant because it documents how NAFTA was sold to America by its elected leaders. In hindsight, some of the most ridiculous statements I heard from the debate was from Vice President Al Gore:
1) "They [GM] have started to move jobs back from Mexico to the United States."
2) "If he [Ross Perot] is right, then you give six months notice and you're out of it [NAFTA]."
Lessons learned: Any time your government tries to sell you on a free trade deal with another country that has disparate living and environmental standards, don't believe it. President Bill Clinton also made similar claims about free trade with Communist China when he signed a free trade agreement with that country in 1999. Today, the US has lost countless jobs to Communist China and suffers a staggering and unsustainable $250 billion annual trade deficit with that country.
Commentary - Losing Our Independence:
Chart: 20 Years of Trade With Mexico. Note how the US trade surplus with Mexico turned into large deficits soon after NAFTA was ratified in 1993.
Video shared here under "Fair Use Section 107" for educational and discussion purposes only.
This is part 1 of 8
Standard YouTube License
- 1:34:52 1980 Presidential Candidate Debate: Governor Ronald Reagan and President Jimmy Carter - 10/28/80by ReaganFoundationFeatured 324,153
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 2 of 8by naftafailure 35,542 views
- 1:14:26 Ross Perot vs. Al Gore NAFTA Debate FULL! 1993by yeoldbasser 2,351 views
- 9:52 Al Gore - I Was Wrong About Global Warming... Learn About It.mp4by MrJacktemplar 34,693 views
- 6:11 Dana Carvey impersonates Bush and Perotby KellyWurx 60,063 views
- 9:59 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 4 of 8by naftafailure 19,750 views
- 5 videos Play all NAFTA Debate - Perot vs Gore 1993by CounterRevolutionary
- 5:40 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 8 of 8by naftafailure 16,278 views
- 16:51 Milton Friedman debates a protectionistby StatelessLiberty 61,062 views
- 9:53 NAFTA: Ross Perot and Al Gore Debate 1993, Part 5 of 8by naftafailure 13,467 views
- North American Free Trade Agreement 1,879 videos6
- 6:37 Molly Ivins, on H. Ross Perot, 5 of 6 from 1992 Mother Jones fundraiserby rghm 4,430 views
- 1:36:42 General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)by thefilmarchives 65,467 views
- 6:14 Perot: Free trade means a weak Americaby Comexjoe 2,144 views
- 1:18 Admiral Stockdale - 1992 VP Debate - "Who Am I? Why Am I Here?"by EVGINC 12,832 views
- 1:34:20 Bush Vs. Gore 2000 Presidential Debate 10/3/00by Lord Rothschild 89,262 views
- 27:54 U.S. Trade Policy and Job-Destroying Treaties, WTO & NAFTAby TCCTV 11,869 views
- 8:23 NAFTA + U.S. Farm Subsidies Devastates Mexican Agricultureby TheRealNews 12,055 views
- 13:57 NEED TO KNOW | After NAFTA | PBSby PBS 6,761 views
- 7:49 Bush Sr. gave orders to NEUTRALIZE Heart & Ross Perot!by sugarpuddin88 3,141 views
- 9:01 2000 Presidential Debate Part 2by connacht100 41,545 views
- 5:23 NAFTA superhighway has begun! We need to stop this!by libNOT 11,235 views
- Loading more suggestions...