Adoptive Parents Collect $175K on Foster Children Abused + Missing Over 10 Years - Colorado, Texas
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 12, 2011
March 2011. Colorado, Texas. Abuse, Torture Allegations in Adopted Foster Children Missing Over 10 Years. Adopted Parents Collected $175,000 on Missing Tots + Not Report Missing. Bryants Arrested on Fraud for Collecting Money For Boys Missing Over 10 Years; No Missing Child Report was ever filed. Authorities in CO have opened an investigation into disappearance of 2 foster children, one of whom appears to have been physically abused. Edward Dylan Bryant who would now be 18YO disappeared in 2001. Austin Bryant, who would be 15, went missing around 2003.
The adoptive parents never reported them missing + falsified records to collect $175,000 adoption subsidies.
The boy's adopted father, Edward Bryant, 58, + mother, Linda, 54, who are separated, were arrested in Texas + currently in jail in Colorado Springs. They are held on $1 million bail. Each face theft + forgery charges.
They've not been charged in the disappearances. The father told authorities Edward ran away in 2001 + Austin in 2003, right before the family moved to Texas. He blamed his wife for any money received since their disappearance and denied knowledge of receiving money for the children, but admitted that he signed documentation stating that the children were in his care in order to continue to receive funds from Colorado DHS.
His wife, Linda, admitted some criminal culpability for not reporting the missing children. She acknowledged she intentionally covered up the fact they were missing to make it impossible for those in position to make a rescue, and offered to take responsibility so her husband could keep the 5 children they still have. [?!!]
The police investigation started shortly after Bryan Pennington, a foster child who knew Austin growing up, reported Austin missing on Jan 22, 2011, after a conversation with another person who knew Austin.
James Bryant, the boys' adopted brother who was interviewed at Fort Campbell, KY, agreed to discuss situation w El Paso Sheriff's office. James told detectives that there has been significant abuse at home. He said Austin was spanked, restrained by being rolled "like a burrito", handcuffed, and denied food 2-3 times a week as a form of punishment. Austin got so hungry, James said, he would eat out of the garbage can. He was also left in the garage days at a time and forced to run up and down the driveway for hours.
The last time he saw Austin alive was in 2003. He said his mother asked him for help to find a friend to pose as Austin for an upcoming DHS visit, according to affidavit.
Pennington told investigators that Austin told him that his parents used a taser on him and showed him welts all over his torso, according to the affidavit.
The affidavit has little information regarding Edward. James told authorities he doesn't know anything about his adopted brother. He was told Edward was sent to ARIZONA to care for an ailing relative. State adoption records are sealed http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/10/...
AFFIDAVIT REVEALS ABUSE OF MISSING FOSTER CHILD. TX. While 2 young boys disappeared nearly a decade ago, no one spoke up until now. Arrest affidavit for the adoptive parents of Austin Eugene Bryant + Edward Dylan Bryant paints a disturbing picture of the discipline that incl use of a Taser + being locked in a trunk.
The adoptive father admitted he and his wife "concocted stories" to cover up the missing boys. When Gainesville police contacted his wife, she said the boys were "doing fine and living with her." She later changed her story to say they "ran away as early as 2003," but she never made a report. She also admitted to "falsified documents" because she came "to rely on the money" Colorado offered families who adopt.
2 other adopted children who lived with the Bryants recalled the torture Austin allegedly endured. The 14-page arrest affidavit from Colorado said the couple regularly abused Austin when he lived with them outside Colorado Springs. The accusations say Austin was handcuffed, Tased and often locked in a trunk. He was denied food, leading him to eat from the garbage.
ONE FOSTER SON TOLD POLICE HE THINKS THE BRYANTS CAUSED AUSTIN'S DEATH. http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Affida...
Edward Dylan + Austin Eugene Bryant were special needs kids. They were paid through El Paso County DHS for the boys even though there is no record of them since 2003. Bryants received 121 monthly payments for Edward totaling $107,916. For Austin, 75 monthly payments of $66,890. Tipline (719) 520-7209 http://www.krdo.com/news/27157540/det...
April 2011. Many children turn up missing from foster care.
Posted in accordance w U.S.C. Title17 Ch1 Sec107 Fair use, Education activism research. No profit or monies solicited
Standard YouTube License
- 1:04:24 TYT - Extended Clip July 19, 2011by TheYoungTurksFeatured 35,062
- 8:13 Tools of Torture Removed from Adopted Barahona Twins House of Horrors, Florida DCF Historyby mamasuntwinkle 331,120 views
- 2:26 Toddler Abuse In Car Wash Caught On Tapeby dreamindemon 1,204,937 views
- 15:09 Adopted Twins Tortured Doused w Acid, Little Girl Dead - Florida CPS History of Abuseby mamasuntwinkle 47,376 views
- 2:11 India: worlds most sexually abused children!by xgotfiveonitx 105,828 views
- 167 videos Play all CPS Juvenile Family Court Criminal Racketeering Networkby mamasuntwinkle
- 8:01 In Loving Memory of Spencer Douglasby trytal 626,554 views
- 1:54 Foster Mom Shocked By Child Abuse Caseby koattv 5,121 views
- 5:36 ♥ Kelsey's Story ♥ (Original)by shonyakay 39,648,592 views
- 4:23 CPS Stalking, Fraud, Orders For Babies, Forced Adoption Confirmed: OIG, News32 P4 2007by mamasuntwinkle 41,434 views
- 4:16 The Gabriel Johnson Story - Missing Childby broomcr 14,140 views
- 1:56:54 The Road to Adoption and Foster Care: Becoming a Bridge Family Resourceby bmcelhattan 39,150 views
- 2:16 Worst child abuse death case in Arizonaby eniveparg 1,257,134 views
- 8:54 Kai's Story - Pt. 1, Child Abuse Victim & Foster Care Survivor Speaksby LutheranSocialSrvcs 7,583 views
- 9:29 Children in Foster Careby adoptuskids 58,533 views
- 2:09 FOSTER PARENTS ABUSE CHILDby koattv 1,126 views
- 2:11 Girl abducted from California 7 years ago found in Phoenixby Steve Kuzj 12,057 views
- 8:54 The Kelsey Briggs Story.by videoforaCURE 334,157 views
- 1:21 Resident of Gujranwala kills parents, six siblingsby theexpresstribune 15,471 views
- 3:44 America's Missing Children of 2011by ItsBecauseICare 35,101 views
- 7:21 sims 2 child abuse storyby simloverr1 206,763 views
- Loading more suggestions...