Interview with Jacob Parece
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Mar 8, 2013
Jacob Parece is a new teacher who lives in Rhode Island, U.S.A. He gave his first teaching talk in September, 2012. He turned 21 about two weeks ago.
Jacob's website is http://jacobparece.com. His Facebook is http://www.facebook.com/jacob.parece?.... The photos are taken from Jacob's Facebook site.
The download link is http://nonduality.com/jacobparece7mar...
0:00 - 3:14 Introduction. Difficult childhood described. Sense of darkness (fear, anxiety, depression).
3:14 - 4:45 Taking up baseball as a way to avoid personal difficulty. Illness. More about family and the experience of darkness.
4:45 - 6:17 Discovery of Trevor Hall (http://www.trevorhallmusic.com) and how this led to discovery of other nondual teachings. The hurricane. New view of darkness.
6:17 - 8:52 Darkness meets freedom and beauty. More about the nature and qualities of darkness and what's behind it.
8:52 - 11:42 A "successful" life as an obstacle to pursuing depths of self. Being apart from society. The value of feeling different with regard to self-realization.
11:42 - 14:42 Jacob's employment and teaching work. Where he lives. His website http://jacobparece.com. Nature of self-identity and dissonance within society. Why he dropped out of college. Experiencing your own presence.
14:42 - 16:51 The how of "experiencing your own presence."
16:51 - 19:32 The problem with sincere questions. Using spirituality and nonduality as avoidance of experience. What most people are seeking. Getting to the real question.
19:32 - 21:01 Role as a teacher to inspire questioning rather than give answers or to assign new labels. Abandoning labels.
21:01 - 23:45 How Jacob became aware of his ability to teach. His first talk. (Video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5OMJf...)
23:45 - 25:37 Jacob's visit to Sedona a couple weeks prior to this interview and his experience of pure awareness. Nature of changing experience.
25:37 - 27:54 The subtle adjustment/choice to staying attached or letting go. Self-improvement as sometimes necessary. Feeling from an authentic place.
27:54 - 30:13 Jacob's view of the nonduality teaching scene. Scott Kiloby mentioned. Need for being with oneself.
30:13 - 33:49 Engaging some inquiry with customers at his convenience store job. Watching people at work. A lot of people are sad and not present. Meeting people on a subtle level.
33:49 - 36:25 Future teaching events. Vacation in Sedona. More about Jacob's job.
36:25 - 39:14 Jacob's friends. Baseball career. Shattering of his baseball dreams and value of that.
39:14 - 42:20 Jacob's coming out as gay. Interest in working with the gay community. Current relationship with parents and how it's affected by letting go of struggle.
42:20 - 47:50 Talking to young people about nondual consciousness. The struggle of young people today. Need for more questioning. Reaching out to his age group.
47:50 - 54:17 GLBT community and nonduality. Jay Michaelson mentioned. Value of being open. Paradoxical value of being "closed off" from the world. Value of solitude. Sedona experience of pure awareness revisited. Seeking spiritual experiences.
54:17 - 56:29 Truth is not the experience but the one experiencing. Chasing experiences. Living a life balanced between waiting for grace and getting up and doing something. Nature of experience.
56:29 - 1:02:03 "I believe there is a choice." Teachers Jacob likes. Challenging perspectives including his own. Going beyond experience to fearlessness. The urge to learn, to experience, to fit into the nonduality scene.
1:02:03 - The traps of structure within spiritual/nondual community. Undermining perspective. Fear of being judged for pursuing truth. Suffering as a doorway to realization.
1:05:05 - 1:09:41 Baseball career revisited. Lighthearted chat around worldly success and money. Sports and nondual consciousness. Allen Jaeger mentioned (http://www.jaegersports.com/home.php) Jacob's experience of "the zone" in his baseball career. The work involved in becoming a professional baseball player.
1:09:41 - 1:14:03 More on sports and nondual consciousness. Jacob getting back into baseball.
1:14:03 - 1:17:42 Aspects of nonduality and enlightenment as taken too seriously. The need to look at our own experience. Comment on young teachers. Conclusion.
Standard YouTube License
- 16:35 Waking DOWN in Nondualityby Fred Davis364 views
- 6:13 About Living Method Awakening Sessionsby Fred Davis523 views
- 27:44 Standing As Nondual Awarenessby Fred Davis1,244 views
- 8:07 What is Nonduality?by Fred Davis309 views
- 1:09:53 Adyashanti - Webcast 3-12-2013 part 1by LifeSatsang7,052 views
- 1:34:07 Rupert Spira, Deep Connectionby Iole Cappiello13,323 views
- 1:05:31 Conversation with Hameed Ali (A. H. Almaas) and Rupert Spiraby scienceandnonduality3,243 views
- 6:23 The Easiest Way to Reach Nondual Realizationby Fred Davis653 views
- 1:11:13 Interview with Sage Stonemanby NondualityTalk738 views
- 50:51 Adyashanti - The Initial Awakening 1 of 10by pololopo231,208 views
- 1:45:12 Adyashanti - Surrender or Sufferby LifeSatsang6,223 views
- 1:45:45 Tony Parsons - Amsterdam [styczeń 2005] [PL]by layingdowneatingsnow6,800 views
- 1:12:24 RAMANA MAHARSHI-Documental Arunachala Shiva (subt. español)by canalGANGES9,191 views
- 2:05:12 Interview with Darryl Baileyby NondualityTalk1,467 views
- 31:05 Tony Parsons' Talk and Q&A at SAND13 Doorn, The Netherlandsby scienceandnonduality12,085 views
- 1:37:01 Interview with Brendan Smithby NondualityTalk617 views
- 1:11:24 Adyashanti - The End of Your World (Disk 2 of 6)by MonkeyMindSociety13,514 views
- 33:04 Jac O' Keeffe at S.A.N.D. 2013 - Prior to Non Dualityby Jac Okeeffe1,483 views
- 17:23 John Wheeler demystifying spirituality on Let's Get Real Podcast from 2004by Adam Brunt5,028 views
- 1:40:25 Jacob Parece (Freedom Right Now) Satsangby Jacob Parece487 views
- Loading more suggestions...