Tigger's Summer Vacation
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 7, 2012
My name is Michael, or Sasjhwa on the forums. I am a Tiger Cub Scout Den Leader in Mill Creek Washington. Tiger scouts are 6-7 years old and in first grade. One of the fun activities that we do is called the Tigger Book.
Here we have Tigger, the mascot for Pack 31 Tigers. He loves meeting new people and having adventures. During the school year a different boy gets to take Tigger home at each meeting. They play together, do activities, and all sorts of other fun stuff. The boy writes about his adventures, does drawings, takes pictures and generally records everything they do. These are kept in the Tigger Book. They are brought back each week and another boy gets to repeat the process, all year long.
At the end of the school year I photocopy all the pages and add them to the Tigger Book. The originals go home with each boy as a momento of their time as a Tiger Cub Scout.
Tigger enjoys this very much, but as I mentioned, he craves adventure and meeting new people. The problem you see is that Tigger has nothing to do all summer long! While the Cub Scouts have activities all summer we don't meet for regular meetings. Tigger decided he wants to bounce around the world this summer and show next year's Tigers all the fun places he has been.
I would like to send him around the world. Here is what I propose. I will put Tigger, a sample page from the Tigger Book, instructions, and a list of addresses into a 9x11 envelope and mail it to one person somewhere in the world. Let's say I mail it to you. You get to keep Tigger for up to 1 week. Take him someplace. Take pictures of local landmarks with him or introduce him to a group of kids in your area. Decorate your page and tell Tigger's story, from his perspective. It will be his travel journal.
When you are done with your activity, pack everything neatly into an envelope, cross your name off the list and mail it to the next person on the list. The faster you get him back in the mail the more places he can visit. Tigger should arrive back in my hands in Washington no later than September 7. I'm hoping to get 8 or 9 visits.
All of Tigger's adventures will be shared with both this year's Tiger Scouts (who will then be Wolf Scouts) and the new batch of Tigers to inspire them as they start the take home process anew.
What if Tigger becomes damaged or lost? If you can fix him please do. If he is lost try to find a similar model where you are and please send him on his way. If you are unable to fix or replace him let me know immediately. I can get replacements here so Tigger can continue his adventure. If you are able to add tracking information please do to help if he gets lost in the mail. Please be very careful with the other things in the envelope. They are not replaceable so treat them as treasures. I know a bunch of 6 year olds are going to love them come September.
You will need to attach a customs form to the envelope if you are mailing him outside your national borders in most cases. Tigger's value is $8 US which is what it costs me to replace him.
Be careful with Tigger. We participated in a similar swap years ago and the bear was found on a mini golf course I worked at with all his gear missing. He had been torn open. We think drugs had been hidden inside him and then he was rejected. The tag he wore with his address was still there so we cleaned him up, did some sewing, took him on a whirlwind tour of Seattle and then (conveniently) went on our vacation through Oregon and California and we were able to take him to the school that had sent him on his way. All of his history was lost though and I'm sure our little box of make up happiness was warmly received but not as much as if the bear had returned with his journal and history intact.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:11 Going to Camp to Become a Sports Mascotby EnglishNewsTodayFeatured 5,328
- 0:45 A Cub Scout Message from Calebby Michael Dyer 49 views
- 4:42 Tyler's Birthday Party Part Twoby Michael Dyer 20 views
- 31:31 Disney Sing Along Songs/Winnie the Pooh: SING A SONG WITH TIGGERby 798Mickey's channel 3,776 views
- 3:30 Today Could've Been the day // Happy Birthday (Madeleine McCann)by NeverGiveUpOnMaddy 779 views
- 2:27 Curaçao: Hidden Gem of the Caribbeanby indyfilm 740 views
- 9:12 Time to Rise - Summer 2011by YMCAMIDTNUSYDC 396 views
- 9:16 The Silk Road Project: Introducing Silk Road Connectby silkroadproject 4,906 views
- 1:59 Cruise Ship wrecks in Italy 2012 Costa Cruise Concordia owned by Carnival Cruise Lineby inflatablegames 7,631 views
- 4:23 Tyler's Birthday Party Part Oneby Michael Dyer 15 views
- 2:57 DAD GOES TO A FURRY CONVENTIONby pittsburghdad 148,107 views
- 2:08 Christmas With Tigger (and Jen)by geezowie 319 views
- 1:54 Miriam Hope survived a tragedy. Help her to live happy from now on!by ROLDARO 498 views
- 2:03 Tryouts for new EWU Mascotby KXLY 22,279 views
- 2:18 Mascot Attackby Joseph Pleasant 16 views
- 1:21 School Principal Shares One of the Very Best Fundraising Ideasby GroupRateItnow 193 views
- 3:25 Over 6,000 USA Immigrants Dieby Alun Hill 662 views
- 5:44 Adele - Someone Like You ( Live at The Royal Albert Hall )by Fadjar Ramadhan 13,108,889 views
- 3:08 Summer Garden Part Twoby Michael Dyer 9 views
- 3:17 Mid-Island Search for Saanich Womanby ctvvi 658 views
- Loading more suggestions...