Monster Energy Cup - Official 3D Animated Track
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 30, 2011
Visit us on our official website at http://www.monsterenergycup.com
Become a fan of us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/VegasMECup
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VegasMECup
Feld Motor Sports® announced today that the Jeremy McGrath/Ricky Carmichael-inspired Hybrid Track design for the Monster Energy Cup has been finalized for the October 15 race at Las Vegas' Sam Boyd Stadium.
The collaboration between McGrath, the king of supercross, and Carmichael, the greatest rider of all time, has produced the world's longest stadium racetrack, consisting of motocross and supercross obstacles. For the first-time ever at Sam Boyd Stadium, the track will be built into the south end zone seating area. Two-hundred-forty feet of the track will launch riders into the stands and catapult them back to the floor of the stadium. With a 100' double set on the outside part of the track and a 200' lane stacked with two-foot sand rollers, this is one of the most diverse race tracks ever assembled.
Arguably the most important item on the list was the racetrack. "We didn't want to have a full-on supercross track, but instead more of a hybrid track mixing both elements of supercross and motocross," said Eric Johnson, communications director, Media Monster Energy. "We also wanted to try to attract riders from all over the world, so a more natural-type track would be key."
To ensure a perfect design, the best motocross and supercross riders to ever throw a leg over a motorcycle were recruited: Ricky Carmichael and Jeremy McGrath.
"Our idea was to commission the greatest riders in the two disciplines, supercross and motocross, and design a Hybrid track that is symbolic of the years of experience between these two legends," says Todd Jendro, Feld Motor Sports' senior director of two-wheel operations.
"We decided that bringing the track into the stands would be a spectacular addition for the riders and fans," said Jendro, Feld Motor Sports.. "The biggest factors for us are making sure this section of the track enables the riders to push the limits of gravity, all while encouraging them to pass one another in the process. An event this exciting deserves something special, and we're going to bring back this iconic element of the track design, which was made famous at the L.A. Coliseum and the Pontiac Silverdome.
"Our goal was not to make this just another supercross event," said Dave Prater, director of supercross, Feld Motor Sports. stressing that the hybrid track will be suited to a wide range of riders—including international riders. The track itself will also be developed for an open-class displacement concept. "We will create obstacles, corners, and the start straight to help the 250cc machines compete against the 450cc machines, which will in turn level the playing field."
"For the first time ever the track will leave the stadium and stretch through the pit area before launching riders back into the stadium and down a long motocross-style section. Fans will be able to flow from the stadium to the pits and get an up close look at the greatest riders in the world holding it wide open," said Prater, "The 'outdoor' section makes up about 1/3rd of the course and offers fans the chance to see the fastest track ever in a stadium environment."
With a record 72 Supercross class wins and seven Supercross class titles, McGrath recognizes that it is much harder to design a track than race one.
"Getting the basic layout is the hard part, and I now realize it's a lot more work to design a track than ride one," said McGrath. "When you are in charge of designing a race track, you get a lot of criticism because it is hard to make all of the riders happy. This is a much bigger track than the riders have ever ridden, and it is going to be exciting to watch. I am looking forward to the seeing the uphill section built into the stands."
Carmichael, who has two wins inside Sam Boyd Stadium, is excited about the final product.
"Now that the track is completed, I am even more excited to see the great racing that this track is going to produce," said Carmichael. "I think the outside section is going to be epic, and it goes without saying that the inside has a design that will also lend itself to some great battles, especially with the track going into the stands."
The Monster Energy Cup posts a $250,000 purse, awarding the winner a $100,000 check, and for the "first time ever," $1 Million will be paid to a rider that wins all three main events.
Standard YouTube License
- 4:53 The story of Tyler Villopoto #61by CrazyMoneyProductionFeatured 101,365
- 1:41 Monster Energy Cup - 3D Animated Run-Through of the 2012 Monster Energy Cup Trackby FELDMotorSports 31,172 views
- 1:31 Monster Energy Cup - Adam Cianciarulo Wins Super Miniby FELDMotorSports 67,899 views
- 1:20 Monster Energy Cup - Ryan Dungey Takes Home 2nd Placeby FELDMotorSports 14,684 views
- 3:36 Monster Energy Cup - Ricky Carmichael Visits Monster Energy Cup Headquartersby FELDMotorSports 17,684 views
- 1:20:30 2011 AMA Monster Energy Cup (Part 1)by FMX7945 229,077 views
- 1:14:44 2011 AMA Monster Energy Cup (Part 2)by FMX7945 93,451 views
- 12:28 Adam Cianciarulo and Cooper Webb Monster Cup SuperMINIsby mxprofessor 165,101 views
- 6:19 The best 2011 AMA Monster energy Supercross Crashes!by Maroff F 3,040,029 views
- 2:41 Dirt Shark - Kyle Loza Debuts First Ever Bike Flip!by monsterenergy 220,089 views
- 3:50 New Ride For James Stewart In 2012 Supercrossby ryangr7gisback 396,163 views
- 2:13 Monster Jam World Finals 8 Iron Outlaw Freestyleby Thedeoradude 23,246 views
- 2:12 Ryan Dungey @ KTM trackby RacerXIllustrated 199,150 views
- 2:04 GoPro HD: Monster Energy Cup Press Dayby GoProMX 42,257 views
- 0:58 Mike Alessi Practice Lap - Monster Energy Cup - 2011by ThumperTalk 16,932 views
- 0:31 Monster Energy Cup Practice Crashesby Chris O'Neal 108,076 views
- 1:54 Tyler Villopotoby CrazyMoneyProduction 87,214 views
- 1:36:34 2013 AMA Supercross Rd 17 Las Vegas HD 720p Part 1by Hecklers Koch 13,119 views
- 1:44 GoPro HD: Broc Tickle Practice Lap at Monster Energy Cupby GoProMX 12,315 views
- 1:05 Kyle Loza Bike Flip Monster Energy Cupby Brent Walker 40,667 views
- Loading more suggestions...