Nintendo 3DS - First Hands On
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 15, 2010
The 3DS DOES NOT show up in "3D" on camera, you have to see it in person, please visit the URL above to get our written hands on.
I got some hands-on with several Nintendo 3DS titles and demos. The basic tech demo shown after Nintendo's press conference was really cool, and it did a good job of showing the basic features of the new top screen and its 3D abilities. The best of the screenshots they showed was Zelda. After trying it on the show floor, I got my hands on ten more titles. Samurai Warriors was good. It did not go overboard with the 3D, but it felt natural. The controls were not the best, but it is only a demo. Kingdom Hearts was only a video, but it looked all right at best. Ridge Racer allowed me to actually race, which felt pretty good, but it played with my eyes a bit. I used the analog slider, which felt great. I was also able to briefly check out Resident Evil, Animal Crossing, Metal Gear Solid, Paper Mario, The Sims 3, and Kid Icarus demos. They all looked great, but because of time, I had to move on to other titles. I cannot wait to see the final products. The last demo I was able to try was an augmented reality shooter. It reminded me of System Flaw, as I was moving the 3DS around in real life to shoot spaceships with my face on them. While this was just a demo, it did prove that the 2 cameras on the front work great together to create a wonderful looking 3D environment, despite their 0.3 megpixels.
Overall, the 3DS looked great, and it felt great too. The 3D slider on the side was able to scale the intensity of the 3D effect. I was amazed how the picture popped out at me when changing from 2D to 3D. Speaking of the graphics, they looked on par with the GameCube and some Wii games, which is excellent. As stated earlier, the analog slider felt great. It was not as stiff as I would have wanted in Ridge Racer, but it is much better than the analog nub on the PSP. It also felt great at the top, while the control pad felt natural under it. Even reaching for the control pad did not cramp my hand. Knowing that the design is not final, I was pleased with what I saw at E3. With other games like Mario Kart, Starfox, Pilot Wings, DJ Hero, Professor Layton, BloodRayne, Nintendogs+cats, Sonic, Dead or Alive, Ninja Gaiden, Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Saints Row, and Driver, the Nintendo 3DS is shaping up very nicely. With some very minute tweaks, I believe Nintendo will have a great handheld product on its hands that might even be a threat to its own home console.
Standard YouTube License
- 8:30 Nintendo 3DS Update November 12, 2010by The First Pure Pokemon Partner!Featured 991,161
- 1:40 NIntendo 3DS(New DS) E3 2010 Trailerby Tyler Azzariti 1,602,029 views
- 5:20 Nintendo 3DS Hardware Demoby IGN 258,519 views
- 6:19 Tested.com's Nintendo 3DS Hands-On Demoby Tested.com - Subscribe! 24,217 views
- 3:10 Nintendo 3DS Preview - E3 2010by IGN 755,240 views
- 5:50 Nintendo 3DS Extended Hands-Onby gamespot 332,103 views
- 4:57 How 3D on the 3DS Worksby Xngears 175,922 views
- シャープ スマートフォン公式チャンネル 40 videos818
- 3:47 Nintendo 3DS Video Reviewby IGN 628,947 views
- 1:51 La Nintendo 3DS protagoniza la feria E3 de Los Ángelesby Agencia EFE 12,916 views
- 3:51 Nintendo 3DS Concept Trailerby IGN 1,030,518 views
- 1:32 3DS Warnings!by Luke Plunkett 468,449 views
- 6:23 Nintendo 3DS Augmented Reality Games (erste Deutsche Version)by Michael Praetorius 349,964 views
- 1:53 Kid Icarus Uprising Trailer - E3 2010by IGN 859,610 views
- 1:00 Nintendo 3DS - What the Nintendo 3DS Games could look like!by Every bit of Pokemon news... One channel! 1,241,655 views
- 7:38 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater 3D Edition (Nintendo 3DS) Trailer & Gameplay Footageby Nintendo 3DS & Wii U 451,418 views
- 2:53 Nintendo 3DS Software Lineup Trailerby IGN 360,191 views
- 1:51 Classic Game Room E3 Report: Nintendo 3DS and Flying Camera Overheadby InecomCompany 37,243 views
- 3:18 Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Gameplay - Take it Easy on Them E3 2010by IGN 2,365,965 views
- 2:05 Engadget Nintendo 3DS Hands On [HD]by y1n14i11 292,647 views
- 6:09 E3 2010 Coverage - Nintendo 3DS Demo - Part 2 (Nintendo E3 Press Conference 2010)by machinima 125,054 views
- Loading more suggestions...