This video is unavailable.
TEDxBloomington - Shawn Achor - "The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 30, 2011
Shawn Achor is the winner of over a dozen distinguished teaching awards at Harvard University, where he delivered lectures on positive psychology in the most popular class at Harvard.
His research and lectures on happiness and human potential have received attention in The New York Times, Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, as well as on NPR and CNN Radio, and he travels around the United States and Europe giving talks on positive psychology to Fortune 500 corporations, schools, and non-profit organizations.
Achor graduated magna cum laude from Harvard with a BA in English and Religion and earned a Masters degree from Harvard Divinity School in Christian and Buddhist ethics.
Now he is the CEO of Aspirant, a Cambridge-based consulting firm which researches positive outliers-people who are well above average-to understand where human potential, success and happiness intersect. Based on his research and 12 years of experience at Harvard, he clearly and humorously describes to organizations how to increase happiness and meaning, raise success rates and profitability, and create positive transformations that ripple into more successful cultures.
In Shawn's TEDxBloomington presentation, he says that most modern research focuses on the average, but that "if we focus on the average, we will remain merely average." He wants to study the positive outliers, and learn how not only to bring people up to the average, but to move the entire average up.
About TEDx In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxBloomington, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxBloomington event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Standard YouTube License
- 17:57 How To Find And Do Work You Love: Scott Dinsmore at TEDxGoldenGatePark (2D)by TEDxTalks 478,802 views
- 13:21 TEDxRyersonU - Dr. Ivan Joseph - The Skill of Self Confidenceby TEDxTalks 174,475 views
- 19:20 TEDxAsheville - Adam Baker - Sell your crap. Pay your debt. Do what you love.by TEDxTalks 272,508 views
- 15:00 Why you will fail to have a great career: Larry Smith at TEDxUWby TEDxTalks 756,283 views
- 9:51 Why we procrastinate by Vik Nithy @ TEDxYouth@TheScotsCollegeby TEDxTalks 292,363 views
- 18:42 TEDxPortsmouth - Dr. Alan Watkins - Being Brilliant Every Single Day (Part 1)by TEDxTalks 127,644 views
- 4:28 How To Use One Paper Towel: Joe Smith at TEDxConcordiaUPortlandby TEDxTalks 796,340 views
- 19:31 How Will You Measure Your Life? Clay Christensen at TEDxBostonby TEDxTalks 135,040 views
- 18:11 Forget What You Know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks 1,289,333 views
- 17:48 Self Control: Dan Ariely at TEDxDukeby TEDxTalks 105,084 views
- 12:59 TEDxBloomington -- Stephen Hayes -- "Wisdom Plays to our Attention"by TEDxTalks 10,680 views
- 9:37 TEDxOrangeCoast - Amy Purdy - Living Beyond Limitsby TEDxTalks 405,955 views
- 17:47 Minding Your Mitochondria: Dr. Terry Wahls at TEDxIowaCityby TEDxTalks 1,317,606 views
- 4:34 iPhone Application Developer... and 6th Grader: Thomas Suarez at TEDxManhattanBeachby TEDxTalks 2,168,557 views
- 17:15 Fear and Permission: Chris Guillebeau at TEDxCMU 2010by TEDxTalks 56,737 views
- 11:28 TEDx Youth@Academy 2011 Haris Karonis : Διαδίκτυο και ευκαιρίεςby TEDxTalks 1,068 views
- 10:37 TEDxBloomington -- Sarah Elizabeth Ippel -- "The Dirt Between Our Toes"by TEDxTalks 2,231 views
- 13:49 Valores do Esporte: Fabiana Bentes at TEDxVilaMadáby TEDxTalks 381 views
- 9:28 TEDxYouth@Columbus- Jessica Shanahan- "Maximize Talents, Maximum Success"- 11/10/11by TEDxTalks 688 views
- 12:35 TEDxFuzhou-Fuzhou rugby team-Our storyby TEDxTalks 362 views