TEDxBloomington - Shawn Achor - "The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 30, 2011
Shawn Achor is the winner of over a dozen distinguished teaching awards at Harvard University, where he delivered lectures on positive psychology in the most popular class at Harvard.
His research and lectures on happiness and human potential have received attention in The New York Times, Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, as well as on NPR and CNN Radio, and he travels around the United States and Europe giving talks on positive psychology to Fortune 500 corporations, schools, and non-profit organizations.
Achor graduated magna cum laude from Harvard with a BA in English and Religion and earned a Masters degree from Harvard Divinity School in Christian and Buddhist ethics.
Now he is the CEO of Aspirant, a Cambridge-based consulting firm which researches positive outliers-people who are well above average-to understand where human potential, success and happiness intersect. Based on his research and 12 years of experience at Harvard, he clearly and humorously describes to organizations how to increase happiness and meaning, raise success rates and profitability, and create positive transformations that ripple into more successful cultures.
In Shawn's TEDxBloomington presentation, he says that most modern research focuses on the average, but that "if we focus on the average, we will remain merely average." He wants to study the positive outliers, and learn how not only to bring people up to the average, but to move the entire average up.
About TEDx In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxBloomington, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxBloomington event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Standard YouTube License
- 22:16 The Art of Stress-Free Productivity: David Allen at TEDxClaremontCollegesby TEDxTalks 103,272 views
- 9:51 Why we procrastinate by Vik Nithy @ TEDxYouth@TheScotsCollegeby TEDxTalks 245,317 views
- 19:20 TEDxAsheville - Adam Baker - Sell your crap. Pay your debt. Do what you love.by TEDxTalks 239,401 views
- 13:21 TEDxRyersonU - Dr. Ivan Joseph - The Skill of Self Confidenceby TEDxTalks 129,652 views
- 15:00 Why you will fail to have a great career: Larry Smith at TEDxUWby TEDxTalks 697,705 views
- 9:37 TEDxOrangeCoast - Amy Purdy - Living Beyond Limitsby TEDxTalks 389,272 views
- 18:11 Forget What You Know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks 1,091,266 views
- 18:42 TEDxPortsmouth - Dr. Alan Watkins - Being Brilliant Every Single Day (Part 1)by TEDxTalks 106,891 views
- 4:34 iPhone Application Developer... and 6th Grader: Thomas Suarez at TEDxManhattanBeachby TEDxTalks 2,147,227 views
- 16:45 The New Way to Work: Charlie Hoehn at TEDxCMU 2011by TEDxTalks 70,269 views
- 12:59 TEDxBloomington -- Stephen Hayes -- "Wisdom Plays to our Attention"by TEDxTalks 10,371 views
- 5:42 TEDxPittsburgh - Daniel Schnitzer - Mon Cheri C'est Trop Cherby TEDxTalks 31,816 views
- 11:28 TEDx Youth@Academy 2011 Haris Karonis : Διαδίκτυο και ευκαιρίεςby TEDxTalks 1,068 views
- 7:54 TEDxWomen -- Katie Bellby TEDxTalks 1,019 views
- 8:42 TEDxRosario - Franco Fontanarrosa - Experimentación musical con bajoby TEDxTalks 1,843 views
- 6:33 TEDxWomen -- Morleyby TEDxTalks 1,640 views
- 9:28 TEDxYouth@Columbus- Jessica Shanahan- "Maximize Talents, Maximum Success"- 11/10/11by TEDxTalks 688 views
- 12:35 TEDxFuzhou-Fuzhou rugby team-Our storyby TEDxTalks 362 views
- 13:49 Valores do Esporte: Fabiana Bentes at TEDxVilaMadáby TEDxTalks 381 views
- 1:09 TEDxHalifax 2012 Teaser - "Connections Can..." - March 11by TEDxTalks 2,165 views