TEDxBloomington - Shawn Achor - "The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance"
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 30, 2011
Shawn Achor is the winner of over a dozen distinguished teaching awards at Harvard University, where he delivered lectures on positive psychology in the most popular class at Harvard.
His research and lectures on happiness and human potential have received attention in The New York Times, Boston Globe, The Wall Street Journal, as well as on NPR and CNN Radio, and he travels around the United States and Europe giving talks on positive psychology to Fortune 500 corporations, schools, and non-profit organizations.
Achor graduated magna cum laude from Harvard with a BA in English and Religion and earned a Masters degree from Harvard Divinity School in Christian and Buddhist ethics.
Now he is the CEO of Aspirant, a Cambridge-based consulting firm which researches positive outliers-people who are well above average-to understand where human potential, success and happiness intersect. Based on his research and 12 years of experience at Harvard, he clearly and humorously describes to organizations how to increase happiness and meaning, raise success rates and profitability, and create positive transformations that ripple into more successful cultures.
In Shawn's TEDxBloomington presentation, he says that most modern research focuses on the average, but that "if we focus on the average, we will remain merely average." He wants to study the positive outliers, and learn how not only to bring people up to the average, but to move the entire average up.
About TEDx In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxBloomington, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxBloomington event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Standard YouTube License
- 21:40 TEDxSF - Mel Robbins - F--- YOU - How To Stop Screwing Yourself Overby TEDxTalks462,937 views
- 13:21 The Skill of Self Confidence: Dr. Ivan Joseph at TEDxRyersonUby TEDxTalks712,774 views
- 18:03 The shocking truth about your health: Lissa Rankin at TEDxFiDiWomenby TEDxTalks472,149 views
- 18:42 TEDxPortsmouth - Dr. Alan Watkins - Being Brilliant Every Single Day (Part 1)by TEDxTalks262,367 views
- 9:51 Why we procrastinate by Vik Nithy @ TEDxYouth@TheScotsCollegeby TEDxTalks547,758 views
- 18:11 Forget what you know: Jacob Barnett at TEDxTeenby TEDxTalks2,307,586 views
- 17:49 Self Control: Dan Ariely at TEDxDukeby TEDxTalks183,499 views
- 19:10 TEDxOrangeCoast - Daniel Amen - Change Your Brain, Change Your Lifeby TEDxTalks260,950 views
- 19:31 How Will You Measure Your Life? Clay Christensen at TEDxBostonby TEDxTalks203,910 views
- 17:08 TEDxMaastricht - Simon Sinek - "First why and then trust"by TEDxTalks280,123 views
- 4:34 iPhone Application Developer... and 6th Grader: Thomas Suarez at TEDxManhattanBeachby TEDxTalks2,326,771 views
- 4:28 How To Use One Paper Towel: Joe Smith at TEDxConcordiaUPortlandby TEDxTalks892,143 views
- 20:45 Brené Brown at TEDxHoustonby TEDxTalks1,193,713 views
- 18:16 TEDxKC - Jenn Lim - Applied Happinessby TEDxTalks22,915 views
- 17:57 How to find and do work you love: Scott Dinsmore at TEDxGoldenGatePark (2D)by TEDxTalks1,011,481 views
- 18:27 Robyn O'Brien at TEDxAustin 2011by TEDxTalks774,412 views
- 12:54 TEDxTucson2011 Kristin Wolff Weadershipby TEDxTalks1,586 views
- 23:36 TEDxCentralSaintMartins - Tom Hulme - Designing for Emergenceby TEDxTalks1,203 views
- 11:28 TEDx Youth@Academy 2011 Haris Karonis : Διαδίκτυο και ευκαιρίεςby TEDxTalks1,507 views