Canon sx200 film with optical zoom and autofocus - CHDK
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 19, 2009
It's simple. You need to install a hacked firmware from http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK. It can be a bit hard so I will explain it to you.
You will need:
1) an sd card smaller than 4 gb(or even 4 - mine is 4) - because you have to format it in fat16.
2) a card reader; if you use an usb cable to connect the camera to your pc/mac it won't work
Now let's get started. Don't worry..it's completely safe.
Step 1: Put your sd card into your card reader and open the root folder. Create a file called ver.req - you must use total commander or something. Now put your sd card back into your camera and open it in playback mode. Press funct. set and while pressing that press the timer/trash button. It will now show you a screen with your current version. Mine was 1.00D. But yours can also be 1.00C. No problem. Now go to this page http://mighty-hoernsche.de/ and download the right firmware. So again, for me was sx200is-100d-0.9.9-863-full_BETA.zip (711KB).
Step 2: download this software(and install it) to format your card and make it bootable. http://savedonthe.net/download/60/Car...
Step 3: Put your sd card into your card reader and open cardtricks. Tick the auto box, and press the sd card image. Now you must select the sd card's drive unit. You must be very carefull to select the right one.
Step 4: Click format as fat - to format the card in fat16. After it's done click make bootable.
Step 5: Click the CHDK-Card button and select your downloaded zip of your firmware.
Step 6: remove the card and lock it(the little plastic switch on the side of the SD card) - don't worry the hacked firmware let's you use it when locked!) YOU MUST LOCK IT OTHERWISE CHDK WON'T BOOT!!
Step 7: open your camera..you should press the on/off switch for 2 seconds from now. It should boot with CHDK from now. To open the CHDK menu you have to press the print button and then menu.
Note! it will only work with the sd card you did all de steps before.
Anyway if you didn't understand sh*t of what i just said than follow this guide: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_for_D...
If you want optical zoom in your videos - go to menu(the normal one) and be sure that digital zoom is at standard). Then press the print button and then menu and go to video parameters. Tick the enable optical zoom. And at AF key sellect shutter. Now you can af when filming by pressing the shutter button. Exit the menu by pressing the print button. Now..always before you start filming - the optical zoom must be at max(12x). Then start filming and pull the zoom out switch twice. It's recomended to film in macro mode to af better. That's it
Standard YouTube License
- 5:35 Canon PowerShot SX200 ISby Dmitry2201,828 views
- 4:59 Shooting In RAW With CHDK For Beginnersby BigNate8416,994 views
- 10:57 How To Install CHDKby BigNate8454,368 views
- 14:06 Canon SX50 HS Feature Tutorial for Bird and Macro Pictures.by Luther Driggers52,432 views
- 6:31 How To Install CHDK on Your Cameraby adzempire45,520 views
- 25:16 Understanding Canon Powershot HS cameras: Part 1 Using Intelligent Auto Modeby Graham Houghton42,027 views
- 6:18 Canon Powershot SX200 IS Digital Cameraby TigerDirect248,247 views
- 16:34 Magic Lantern Version 2.3 Walk Through for Canon T3I Part 1by Media Unlocked52,544 views
- 4:05 CHDK - Canon Hack Development Kitby GetConnected TV Show44,259 views
- 35:16 Nikon D5200 vs Canon T5i EPIC Shootout Comparison | Which Camera to Buy?by MichaelTheMentor9,483 views
- 7:41 HowTo: Installing CHDK on a memory card above 4Gbby HejaBjornTV47,237 views
- 18:41 Canon Powershot SX500is Camera Reviewby MWESTPhotography38,775 views
- 15:05 Canon SX200 IS Digital Camera Review with Video Tests - 2of2by Geekanoids34,887 views
- 12:17 Magic Lantern Users Guideby Kadams Media38,592 views
- 13:41 Canon PowerShot A2500 In-depth Reviewby Babbling Boolean11,816 views
- 10:28 How To Install Magic Lantern Install 2012by Media Unlocked106,382 views
- 7:43 Ursul de la Asauby George C49,404 views
- 34:10 Canon 70D vs Nikon D7100 Epic Shootout Comparison | Which camera to buy?by MichaelTheMentor159,923 views
- 5:27 Canon SX50 HS zoom test NYC + Moon HD 1080iby ArturskyCom7,806 views
- 20:11 What Each Function Of The Canon T3I Or 600D Does & How To Use Them Part 1by Media Unlocked192,656 views
- Loading more suggestions...