Septet by Douglas Lee
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Apr 23, 2012
As a former principal dancer with Stuttgart Ballet, Douglas Lee made his choreographic debut in February 1999 for the Stuttgart-based Noverre Society's "Young Choreographers", upon which he was commissioned to create a new work for the Stuttgart Ballet. Since then, he has worked with many international ballet companies including the Norwegian Nation Ballet, Royal Ballet of Flanders, New York City Ballet and Perm Opera Ballet Theater. Lee's works received three Golden Mask Award nominations and he has twice been invited to the New York Choreographic Institute.
Through his consistent collaboration with the Stuttgart dancers, Lee has developed a distinct choreographic voice, which is characterized by stunning sculptural images created by the use of exquisite and complex partnering and a masterful use of the classical vocabulary. Highly aesthetic, each work is a carefully composed fusion of dance, light and space.
"Every year I receive more than 100 DVD's from choreographers from all over the world," Angelini said. "Some of them are good yet others manage to capture your mind and heart. That's what happened in November of 2010 when I received a demo DVD from Douglas. I was very interested to see his work as Douglas is one of the resident choreographers of the Stuttgart Ballet, one of the top companies in the world. Stuttgart Ballet has a longstanding tradition of discovering and promoting the growth of some of the top choreographers in the world, a policy that started under the leadership of John Cranko and continues today with Reid Anderson, the company's current artistic director. The DVD didn't disappoint. Douglas' work was enchanting, his vocabulary attractive and his musicality appealing. He has created a fascinating work for Tulsa Ballet, one that will capture the imagination of our audience."
Lee's work for Creations in K is titled Septet - a ballet for seven dancers on a theme of submission.
Performances run from April 27 - May 6. For tickets, please call (918) 749-6006 or visit us online at www.tulsaballet.org.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:06 Box the Outside - Darrell Grand Moultrieby TBTulsa2,298 views
- 6:25 Tulsa Ballet - In the Middle, Somewhat Elevatedby TBTulsa5,738 views
- 3:34 "Memorias del Viento" - Ma Congby TBTulsa1,003 views
- 5:16 elite.wmvby TBTulsa2,143 views
- 5:32 The Stuttgart Ballet Miracle - 50 years of glory for the Stuttgart Ballet | Arts.21by DW (English)2,746 views
- 12:20 KNEE DEEP SLEEPby AnduinOre1,531 views
- 1:28:20 Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker: Mariinsky Balletby Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky248,066 views
- 14:31 Pilobolus: A performance merging dance and biologyby TED1,242,089 views
- 8:13 Sleeping beauty, Ballett, Maria Eichwald, Stuttgartby zergel6666,498 views
- 7:19 Choreographer Christopher Wheeldon steps into the lightby TheGuardian1,712 views
- 5:00 FANFARE LX - Evan McKie & Anna Osadcenko STUTTGART BALLET @ Stanislavskyby BalletBoy:)11,994 views
- 1:55:42 Tchaikovsky: Swan Lake - The Kirov Balletby classicalmusictv3,891,241 views
- 13:17 Jiri Kylian - Six Dancesby 3Taumeltaenzer182,891 views
- 4:41 TIMELAPSE/(MNEMOSYNE) - a ballet by David Dawsonby pimpampam8,276 views
- 3:25 Coreografia Ballet Valeria 2by Darielis Manzur19,547 views
- 9:05 Kameliendame Stuttgart Ballet Sue Jin Kang Marijn Rademakerby dancerfan1144,811 views
- 1:52:41 Swan Lake by American Ballet Theatre in 2005by radostsguy998,774 views
- 5:24 Maria Eichwald Jason Reily Stuttgart Ballet Scholzby dancerfan118,974 views
- 5:11 GET ACTIVE - DAY 6 - BALLETby tedMEDIA1,380 views
- 1:15:41 Royal Ballet Daily Class (complete video) Royal Ballet LIVEby Royal Opera House1,578,642 views
- Loading more suggestions...