Let's play MechWarrior Online BETA - nVidia Surround on 46" Screens
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 23, 2012
Playing some MechWarrior Online BETA because one of my subscribers requested it and I'm a complete sucker for giant robots with freaking laser beams attached to their heads.
Mechwarrior Online BETA (free to play)
A tactical BattleMech simulation set in 3049 AD. As a pilot known as a "MechWarrior", you are about to take control of the most powerful mechanical battle units the universe has ever seen.
What is the timeline of MechWarrior Online?
The game is set in a 1:1 timeline with the BattleTech universe, meaning that the current year 2012 equates to 3049 in BattleTech lore and each day that passes in real life also passes in the game. This means we are on the brink of the upcoming Clan invasion and utilizing the latest in technology available in the 3049 timeframe.
What is a BattleMech?
A BattleMech is a heavily armored combat platform which utilizes an internal structure similar to a skeleton, along with actuators (joints), and myomers (muscles). When combined, the BattleMech takes the form of a giant, rough, bipedal humanoid. BattleMechs typically weigh between 20 and 100 tons and fall into one of four weight classes: light, medium, heavy and assault.
BattleMechs have various weapon systems that include energy (lasers/flamers/particle projectiles), ballistic (autocannons, machine guns, Gauss), missile (long range missiles, short range missiles, streak short range missiles) and a variety of electronic monitoring/targeting systems. In conjuction with all of this, a BattleMech utilizes a series of heat sinks to help dissipate the large amounts of heat all of these weapons and electronics generate.
A BattleMech is an enclosed environment with the ability to operate in all types of atmospheres including under water and zero-gravity.
The interface between a pilot (MechWarrior) and a BattleMech is the neurohelmet, which connects the pilot to the BattleMech in a highly agile and direct drive approach.
A true MechWarrior knows the operational limits of the BattleMechs they pilot, which cover a myriad of areas such as heat, mass, and critical space. These areas are always on the mind of a MechWarrior, especially how the systems are performing under the stress of combat. This show is an independent production of Jerry Berg (aka Barnacules). Opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer, friends, or any companies mentioned in the show.
Standard YouTube License
- 25:32 Let's play iRacing - 20 laps at Lime Rock in my Mazda MX-5 w/ commentaryby Barnacules Nerdgasm Featured 14,430
- 23:35 Drunk Driving Codemasters DiRT 3 with Racing Wheel, Huge Screens and Vodkaby Barnacules Nerdgasm24,651 views
- 19:22 Playing Modern Warfare 3 on PC with nVidia Surround on Huge HDTV Screensby Barnacules Nerdgasm19,564 views
- 1:36:48 Let's play FarCry 3 Co-Op with JmofoJ on XBOX Live (XIM Edge)by Barnacules Nerdgasm2,531 views
- 16:19 Light Mech Combat Tactics and Gameplayby MechSpecsTV6,174 views
- 14:18 AC/20 Murder of Ravens - MechWarrior Online (HD)by WolfStarPictures56,541 views
- 2:04 iRacing.com - 5 Monitors at 9600x1080by Chad Smith460,910 views
- 1:39:09 MechWarrior Online - TotalBiscuit & AngryJoe vs. The Worldby TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit148,822 views
- 31:45 ◀MechWarrior Online - Phoenix Risingby SideStrafe35,942 views
- 6:54 Mechwarrior Online - New Player's Guide to a Light Trial Mechby CPUuser1233,243 views
- 42:36 MechWarrior: Living Legends 0.5.5, TC DeathValley Gameplayby Al1erEgo17,318 views
- 6:06 The Evolution of MechWarrior: 1989 - 2012by SqueegyMackoy82,003 views
- 16:08 ◀MechWarrior Online - Heavy Firepowerby SideStrafe243,614 views
- 12:37 Racing in Bathtubs (Garry's Mod: Sled Build)by GoldGloveTV63,591 views
- 19:18 Let's play Battlefield 4 open beta @ 2:30am on a work night, seems like a smart idea!by Barnacules Nerdgasm6,024 views
- 12:17 MWO: Basic Tactics: The Base Rushby Darick Akododarick347 views
- 1:20:14 MechWarrior: Tactics - TotalBiscuit vs AngryJoe - Part 1by TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit160,702 views
- 9:12 The Evolution Of Mechwarriorby frogjedi486,732 views
- 26:40 ◀MechWarrior Online - Far Away Okayby SideStrafe14,857 views
- 11:25 Playing DiRT 3 on Obutto R3volution, Thrustmaster T500RS, Sparco Wheel and 46" Displaysby Barnacules Nerdgasm22,433 views
- Loading more suggestions...