Nick Clegg's New Year Message 2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 27, 2012
The last twelve months have been lit up by moments that will stay with us forever.
When Mo Farah approached the final stretch of the 10,000m final, who wasn't up on their feet, screaming at the TV?
When Nicola Adams beamed at the crowd after winning the first ever women's Olympic boxing, who didn't smile back? I was lucky enough to be there, and that's one I'll never forget.
Was there anything more British than that drenched choir in the Jubilee River Pageant, singing Rule Britannia! in the pouring rain?
Incredible images. Spectacular shows. Jaw-dropping personal triumphs.
And, above all, a year defined by shared experiences and national spirit too.
As for 2013, there will be more great moments, I'm sure.
And some big challenges as well.
Many families are still feeling the squeeze.
Look at the world around us and you see continuing economic uncertainty - particularly in our European backyard.
We are living through fluid, difficult times.
What I can tell you is that, whatever 2013 throws at us...
The Liberal Democrats will continue to anchor this Coalition in the centre ground...
And we will hold firm to our key purpose in this government:
The Liberal Democrats are building a stronger economy, in a fairer society, enabling every person to get on in life.
Over the holidays people want a break from politics as much as from work - I know that.
But as you look to the year ahead, you also deserve the reassurance that your government has a plan to steer the country onto better times - and that we're going to stick to it.
So I want you to hear it from me, on behalf of the Liberal Democrats, that this Coalition Government is not going to lurch one way or the next.
We will stay the course on the deficit.
We will cut income tax bills and help with childcare bills.
We will invest in boosting jobs and we'll reform welfare to get people into work.
A stronger economy.
A fairer society.
Where everyone can get on.
That's what we're about.
That's what I want 2013 to be about.
And, however you usher it in, I hope you have a fantastic time...
Happy New Year.
Standard YouTube License
- 3:20 'US economy will collapse like Greece'by LatestWorldNewsNetFeatured 707
- 9:21 Nick Clegg statement on Lords reformby LibDem 2,675 views
- 2:37 No easy way to say this...by LibDem 134,628 views
- 2:55 Nick Clegg New Year Message 2011by LibDem 12,756 views
- 3:06 Liberal Democrat Brighton Conference - Autumn 2012by LibDem 909 views
- 6:12 Nick Clegg Defends Policies to Disillusioned Lib Dem Memberby LBC973LBC973 6,645 views
- 2:49 Nick Clegg reaction on - The Apology Song - I'm Sorryby BhamUrbanNewsUK 59,166 views
- 6:29 UKIP 2013by ukipwebmaster 3,174 views
- 4:58 Ed Miliband's New Year Message 2013by theuklabourparty 6,422 views
- 14:56 PMQs: Nick Clegg versus Harriet Harman, part1/3 (14Mar12)by liarpoliticians 7,377 views
- 0:53 Nick Clegg drops the c bombby wastelanderone 19,677 views
- 2:25 Sweetest apology from Howard to Bernadette- The Big Bang Theoryby paaaaammmmmiiiieeeee 35,512 views
- 1:44 Clegg Under Fire Live on LBC Phone-Inby guidofawkes 3,754 views
- 14:18 PMQs: Nick Clegg vs Harriet Harman, part1/3 (07Nov12)by liarpoliticians 3,029 views
- 25:03 WWE's Top Ten Most Heartstopping Returns Everby DalyxmanV2 3,518,032 views
- 21:23 LibDem 2012 Conference: Nick Clegg keynote speech, part1/2 (26Sept12)by liarpoliticians2 2,178 views
- 2:49 Ed Miliband attacks David Cameron over Andrew Mitchell at PMQsby telegraphtv 10,850 views
- 2:19 Ilan Rubin - Drum Solo at Signature Sound Studioby SignatureSoundStudio 8,060 views
- 17:06 Murnaghan: Deputy PM Nick Clegg interviewed (10Feb13)by liarpoliticians2 367 views
- 5:06 Woman Fired For Being Too Hot - Court Agreesby TheYoungTurks 229,333 views
- Loading more suggestions...