Nick Clegg's New Year Message 2013
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Dec 27, 2012
The last twelve months have been lit up by moments that will stay with us forever.
When Mo Farah approached the final stretch of the 10,000m final, who wasn't up on their feet, screaming at the TV?
When Nicola Adams beamed at the crowd after winning the first ever women's Olympic boxing, who didn't smile back? I was lucky enough to be there, and that's one I'll never forget.
Was there anything more British than that drenched choir in the Jubilee River Pageant, singing Rule Britannia! in the pouring rain?
Incredible images. Spectacular shows. Jaw-dropping personal triumphs.
And, above all, a year defined by shared experiences and national spirit too.
As for 2013, there will be more great moments, I'm sure.
And some big challenges as well.
Many families are still feeling the squeeze.
Look at the world around us and you see continuing economic uncertainty - particularly in our European backyard.
We are living through fluid, difficult times.
What I can tell you is that, whatever 2013 throws at us...
The Liberal Democrats will continue to anchor this Coalition in the centre ground...
And we will hold firm to our key purpose in this government:
The Liberal Democrats are building a stronger economy, in a fairer society, enabling every person to get on in life.
Over the holidays people want a break from politics as much as from work - I know that.
But as you look to the year ahead, you also deserve the reassurance that your government has a plan to steer the country onto better times - and that we're going to stick to it.
So I want you to hear it from me, on behalf of the Liberal Democrats, that this Coalition Government is not going to lurch one way or the next.
We will stay the course on the deficit.
We will cut income tax bills and help with childcare bills.
We will invest in boosting jobs and we'll reform welfare to get people into work.
A stronger economy.
A fairer society.
Where everyone can get on.
That's what we're about.
That's what I want 2013 to be about.
And, however you usher it in, I hope you have a fantastic time...
Happy New Year.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:21 Nick Clegg statement on Lords reformby LibDem2,795 views
- 2:55 Nick Clegg New Year Message 2011by LibDem12,787 views
- 2:54 Liberal Democrat Party Political Broadcast: 25 April 2013 - Fairer Taxesby LibDem3,456 views
- 2:37 No easy way to say this...by LibDem136,176 views
- 1:28:05 Russell H Right Here Right Nowby Nuno Fonseca114,555 views
- 21:23 LibDem 2012 Conference: Nick Clegg keynote speech, part1/2 (26Sept12)by liarpoliticians22,672 views
- 17:45 Nick Clegg interviewed on Andrew Marr Show (27Jan13)by liarpoliticians22,410 views
- 17:06 Murnaghan: Deputy PM Nick Clegg interviewed (10Feb13)by liarpoliticians2578 views
- 15:48 Dennis Skinner MP condemns Thatcher eraby GlobalPrison30,277 views
- 14:56 PMQs: Nick Clegg versus Harriet Harman, part1/3 (14Mar12)by liarpoliticians8,939 views
- 6:29 UKIP 2013by ukipwebmaster3,347 views
- 1:14:25 Syria Intervention Vote- UK Parliament,29 Aug 2013- Cameron,Miliband,Straw,Rifkindby GlobalPrison21,907 views
- 50:54 2013 Tory Party conference: PM David Cameron keynote speech (02Oct13)by liarpoliticians26,839 views
- 15:44 Dennis Skinner on Margaret Thatcher and suspending PMQs (16Apr13)by liarpoliticians210,214 views
- 1:17:06 Russell Howard's Dingledodies Live Eventby Russell Howard154,122 views
- 12:09 David Cameron and Nick Clegg deliver their coalition reportby Channel 4 News1,311 views
- 15:03 The Graham Norton Show - 2009 - S6x09 Stephen Fry, Bill Bailey, Annie Lennox, Cesar Millan Part 1by GrahamNortonFan312,434 views
- 2:48 Obama's New Year Message 2012by proyectoslibres6,017 views
- 15:28 Nick Clegg on Andrew Marr Show (16Jun13)by liarpoliticians723 views
- 6:12 Nick Clegg Defends Policies to Disillusioned Lib Dem Memberby LBC 97.37,342 views
- Loading more suggestions...