SPACENAVIGATOR: Avatar, Flycam, & Build modes - Second ...
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Apr 14, 2008
DOWNLOAD THIS @ http://torley.com/vidtuts
Friendly greetings! You can learn Second Life in a fun and fast fashion! The enthusiastic Torley is your host, taking you on a tour through tips, tricks, and techniques that'll increase your confidence and make you smile. :) Whether you're a newcomer or longtime Resident, your inworld experience will benefit from these video tutorials.
Like this? Share it with your friends & family!
Click the Subscribe button to be notified of new vidtuts!
"VIRTUAL KNOWLEDGE, REAL RESULTS."
SPACENAVIGATOR: Avatar, Flycam & Build modes
Controlling SpaceNavigator: the SN has three modes; Avatar motion, Flycam and Build. Let's start with Avatar motion. Pressing on the cap without twisting it will move your avatar. For example, pushing forward or reverse on cap will move avatar forward or reverse. Pressing left and right will move your avatar left and right. Twisting the cap will orbit your camera. You can combine these motions, for example, twist and push forward. To crouch you depress the button. To fly you pull up on the cap. For added versatility, you can combine movements. It is helpful to remember that pressing Esc (on your keyboard) will reset your camera view.
Flycam mode enables smooth, fluid camera motion, and it's easy to zoom, orbit and pan the Flycam. To activate Flycam mode, press the left button on the SpaceNavigator. Little text will appear on the bottom right of the screen that says "Flycam". When this text is present, instead of moving the avatar, you will see the camera motion instead. The analogue feel allows for greater expression, you can go faster or slower, as you desire. "Camscan" means to use your camera to look far away from your avatar. Remember, if you use the Esc key on your keyboard to reset your view you have to re-activate the Flycam mode by pressing the left button on the SpaceNavigator again.
Use the SpaceNavigator in Build mode to interact and move objects, editing them in world as you do with the mouse. The SpaceNavigator makes direct-editing of objects less cumbersome, think of it as if you're holding the object in your hand. Build mode works with any object you can edit. If the object is already selected, you can use the SpaceNavigator to move that object. Push/pull on the cap to lower/raise an object. You can even throw an object with the SpaceNavigator! With practice you can use the SpaceNavigator single-handedly.
Standard YouTube License
- 7:52 SPACENAVIGATOR: Summary, buttons, & more tips - Second ...by Torley8,625 views
- 7:20 SPACENAVIGATOR: Advanced customization - Second Life ...by Torley6,883 views
- 4:38 SPACENAVIGATOR: Getting started - Second Life Video TuTORialby Torley36,921 views
- 15:21 How to report a bug - Second Life Video TuTORialby Torley21,539 views
- 18:46 Sketchup #16: Advanced Navigationby harwoodpodcast20,523 views
- 6:40 SpaceMouse Pro 3D Mouse Reviewby Ben Deaton22,090 views
- 3:29 Moving your own Avatarby Strawberry Singh1,029 views
- 7:58 3DConnexion SpaceNavigator Demoby Aaron Clark29,886 views
- 24 videos Play all Kinectby eirepreneur
- 14:45 SecondLife Intro: How to create a cute fem avatar Part 1 of 2by Baby Panda2,366 views
- 9:32 Rigging avatar from second life into blenderby Ashley Callie539 views
- 9:10 Creating "Standard" sizes for the Second Life avatar using Blender's Shapekeysby Siddean Munro9,510 views
- 4:59 Second Life Water Birth Gingi Kellman and Baby April 26th 2011by Rockford Ewing1,392,108 views
- 1:44 Using a 3D Mouse - Correct Techniqueby 3Dconnexion13,999 views
- 7:39 SketchThis Space Explorerby ericschimel54,906 views
- 10:05 SolidBox TV - 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator + SpaceExplorer + SpacePilot Proby SolidBox Hardware Integrators16,086 views
- 37:10 Being a Wolf on Second Life: Wolf avatar TUTORIALby leustante33,058 views
- 4:57 SpaceNavigator and Google Earth pt 1by Tad Shelby6,448 views
- 19:14 3DConnexion spacemouse Wireless Review 1by TheTargetView769 views
- 3:44 Hands Free 3D: Second Life Navigation Demoby HandsFree3D197,906 views