The Association - Windy (1967 Ravinia Festival - Highland Park IL )
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 14, 2010
PLEASE NOTE: I divided my uploads between multiple channels, Bookmark this link in your browser for instant access to an index with links to all of John1948's oldies classics. LINK: http://tinyurl.com/Channel-Index
The Association is one of the most popular and successful bands to have come out of the sixties. They have sold over thirty million records, earning six gold discs and one platinum. Their album, The Association, Greatest Hits (Warner Brothers), continues to be one of the longest best-selling albums in the history of the company.
Their number one hits, Never My Love, Windy, and Cherish have achieved standard status, receiving almost as much airplay today as they ever have.
The songs include Goodbye Columbus. which was the title song for the film and was written and performed by The Association. It also won the Golden Globe and Foreign Press Awards. Other songs, including Requiem For the Masses, Time For Living, Along Comes Mary, Everything That Touches You, and Six Man Band, showcases the versatility, the carefully crafted vocals, and the intricately woven instrumentation that is the signature of The Association, a cornerstone of American pop music.
The Association was formed in 1965 after the breakup of an eleven-man electric folk group called THE MEN, the first folk rock group in America.
The six-man Association rehearsed for five solid months and then began performing at nightclubs (The Troubador, The Icehouse, etc.), coffeehouses, folk clubs, high schools, colleges, proms and parties throughout California.
The intense rehearsal and hard work paid off. Before the release of their first album, the group had a fan base exceeding twenty-five thousand. That base soon became millions as Along Comes Mary and Cherish, both from their first album, topped the charts.
The Association is the first electric group to break through the anti-rock biases in many of the major venues across the country. They were the first electric group to perform at Hollywoods Greek Theatre, The Coconut Grove, The Copacabana, Tanglewood Music Festival, Blossom Music Festival, The Latin Casino, Saratoga Performing Arts Center and Ravinia Park.
In 1967 The Association was given the honor of opening the first international pop festival in America, The Monterey Pop Festival.
The Association appeared on every major television variety show at the time — Ed Sullivan (twice), The Smothers Brothers (three times), American Bandstand (again and again), Shindig, The Carson Show, The Cavett Show, The Andy Williams Show, The Carol Channing Specialthe list goes on and on.
However, being on the road for so many years, with over two thousand concerts and television performances, inevitably took its toll, and the group began parting ways in 1972 to pursue individual careers and interests.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:53 The Association - Along Comes Maryby 2old2RockFeatured 406,242
- 4:11 Association - Never My Loveby bze2nlz4 196,309 views
- 3:03 The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues - 1969by WookieCookie 1,741,910 views
- 3:16 THE ASSOCIATION - LIVE 1967 - "Along Comes Mary"by BILL5th 12,370 views
- 2:59 The Association "Windy" 1983by Bobby Cole 92,538 views
- 4:02 Never my love - The Associationby watanabe3118 196,205 views
- 2:45 Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermintsby ShairedAccount41B 1,322,492 views
- 3:40 Association - Along Comes Maryby bze2nlz4 47,648 views
- 3:17 Linda Ronstadt - Long Long Timeby santadude 3,596,740 views
- 2:03 The Seekers - I'll never find another you (1968)by Proculled 7,914,278 views
- 3:34 The Association Cherishby top401965 26,839 views
- 2:01 The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Dragby SeaOvJapan 1,778,752 views
- 9:08 Smothers Brothers skit w/The Association 1967by Bobby Cole 12,790 views
- 9:37 The Association - Live at the Coconut Grove - April 1979by MIchael Part 16,974 views
- 3:32 The Association - Cherish (album version)by 60otaku3 69,103 views
- 3:56 The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn!by embryonicsoul 2,421,104 views
- 2:48 The Association - Along Comes Mary (Lyrics)by Donny Van 104,841 views
- 3:23 Everything That Touches You -- The Association (in HD)by rockwithstone 36,206 views
- 3:18 The Association - Everything That Touches Youby bze2nlz4 53,223 views
- 3:20 The Association "Dubuque Blues" 1970by Bobby Cole 26,291 views
- Loading more suggestions...