Illustrators - A Documentary
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Sep 15, 2013
An image is worth a thousand words.
Is this the reason why in the world of publishing, journalism, media, illustration is used so often? Be it the cover of a book, or the fact it matches an article, or that it allows to make an infographic or commercial, illustration, still or animated, it has become the key to success and awareness of a variety of newspapers and magazines.
But who lies behind the image? An illustrator, naturally.
The work of a freelance illustrator is a "new" job, especially in Europe, also if from some perspectives it could be considered as ancient as printing. Nowadays illustrators are recognized at an international level, they earn a lot, and travel to find new sources of inspiration.
How do you become an illustrator? How does an image come to life? How much time does it take to create a personal and recognizable style? What steps do you have to take to become famous and work for magazines, websites and international newspapers?
ILLUSTRATORS is a documentary that asks these questions to four Italian artists, who are wide world famous and have been awarded many prizes and recognitions: Alessandro "Shout" Gottardo, Emiliano Ponzi, Olimpia Zagnoli and Francesco Poroli. Four people who, through talent and technology, have managed to pursue their dream.
The list of newspapers they work for is boundless: The New York Times, The New Yorker, Los Angeles Times, Time, Wired, GQ, Vanity Fair, Newsweek, The Washington Post , Businessweek, The Boston Globe, Le Monde, The Guardian, London Telegraph, Rolling Stone as well as many advertising and media agencies.
ILLUSTRATORS unveils their personal and intimate side and tells how, by starting with a pencil sketch, you may conquer the world without having to write a word. Because, indeed, an image is worth than a thousand words.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:13:53 The Mars Underground City [Full Documentary]by TruthExposed289,194 views
- 47:15 Romania Wild Carpathia(full documentary)HDby Nature + Science Documentaries4,993 views
- 47:00 National Geographic Extraterrestrial: Aureliaby orkoslair1224,226 views
- 47:04 Megalodon Giant Shark(full documentary)HDby Nature + Science Documentaries2,127,431 views
- 56:57 SIRIUS - Alien Documentary with filmmaker J.D. Seraphineby TheLipTV29,388 views
- 43:34 War of the American Indians : Documentary on the History of the Iroquoisby Gorilla Grouper9,685 views
- 50:09 The First World War: Part 1: Race To Armsby TheGrimDoctor288,493 views
- 49:45 New Ways To Market Your Illustrationby Will Terry5,901 views
- 50 videos Play all GRAPHIC DESIGNby moodyloser
- 47:29 Marília Gabriela entrevista Maitê Proençaby mari tegon13,444 views
- 1:47:17 Alessandro Bergonzoni - Oliviero Ponte di Pino | LA STIRPE DEGLI ULÌSSIDIby TssChannel6,622 views
- 59:04 Biblical Archaeology: The Wife of God | BBC Documentaryby HolyDocumentary36,188 views
- 15:26 Pursing a Career in ART illustration - Part 1 of 3by FineArtsKEAN21,258 views
- 7:43 Lynne Chapman: Becoming an Illustratorby Open College of the Arts24,520 views
- 7:27 Famous Illustrators Part Iby Ednay Arkspay3,401 views
- 58:54 The Many Lives of William Klein (2012)by tw1975193,389 views
- 49:26 Four Secrets for Great Design - Graphic Design for Everyoneby creativeLIVE30,241 views
- 7:43 Tuck & Patti - Time After Time (great version)by Enkigamesh30,508 views
- 4:31 A Day in the Life of a Graphic Designer | Graphic Designby HowcastTechGadgets32,129 views
- 20:15 Digital Inking - Illustrator - Split Wide Openby dane holmquist136,892 views