New YouTube Channel Layout
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Feb 6, 2013
Is the 2013 YouTube Channel Layout here to stay? The new YouTube design, if you haven't seen it yet: http://youtubecreator.blogspot.com/20...
____________________ Links ___________________
The lovely supermarket photo - http://www.lyza.com/
____________________ About __________________
Filmmaker's Guide is a blog that centers around modern video, designed for the YouTube generation. Go ahead and grab you camera and hop aboard your computer; it'll be a fun ride!
This is take one. Hey there! This is Carl from FilmmakersGuide. Let's talk about the new YouTube channel layout that's created quite a stir recently, but first let's adjust my lighting a little but. I've got to add a little bit of redundant white space at the right side of the frame. Google loves their white space. I like to think of YouTube like a supermarket. They are very careful about presenting their infrastructure and how they present things and they have a lot of different brands they have to work with. Their goal is to make as much of a profit as they could possibly get. In YouTube's case, the way they make a profit is by a)commercial content and b) getting more views, so they're not going to be randomly changing the layout; they're very careful at planning this. Part of their planning is testing. Google and YouTube are well known for a specific type of testing called A/B testing. Basically, what they do is they run two different website layouts simultaneously and they check to see which one is keeping audience retention higher and which one is getting them more views. So whenever a new layout comes out, they already know to some extent what the results are going to be.
But like a supermarket, YouTube also has all of these brands they have to work with and it's almost impossible to keep all of these brands happy. Understandably, these changes have made a lot of people upset and some have even threatened to leave to Vimeo which has made me think "what would a vlog look like on Vimeo?" You'd probably need a lot of vignetting, a lot of contrast, and, oh, aspect ratio change. Whether you love the new channel design or absolutely hate it, we should remember that YouTube isn't about the branding, or the channels, or even the layout: YouTube is about the videos and we should focus on making good videos. After all, YouTube's probably just going to change the layout again in a couple months.
- 6:50 BREAKING NEWS NEW CHANNELS LAYOUT ARRIVED 2013!by DingoCrash588 views
- 3:11 Youtube Channel Layout design? 2013 Hate it..? Then DO something about it - Users initiative 2013by newoakmedia1,678 views
- 3:45 Partner Support - How To Enable Live Streaming On Youtube - HD - 2012by Network Velocity1,933 views
- 2:34 Tripod Pedestal Shot | FilmmakersGuideby Carl Colglazier2,470 views
- 4:25 DSLR Video Explained - Pros And Consby Carl Colglazier20,432 views
- 5:17 Mac - Crop Image to Aspect Ratio and Resample to Pixel Height and Widthby InsightfulViews1,408 views
- 6:51 How to use a custom page template in TYPOlight 2.2by Leo Feyer12,789 views
- 3:55 I HATE THE NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL LAYOUT!!!! IT'S SO STUPID!!!!by Kitty2Comedy497 views
- 6:48 Buying Digital SLR Camerasby Mike Browne65,099 views
- 5:03 Youtube One Channel Coming Soon ( New Youtube Channel Layout 2013 )by Real Ale Craft Beer3,765 views
- 3:02 Know the Scopesby Carl Colglazier1,125 views
- 2:06 Beyonce's Illuminati Super Bowl Half Time Show Ritual?by Mark Dice1,298,033 views
- 5:26 NEW YOUTUBE LAYOUT PREVIEW! WHOA!by iJustine269,467 views
- 1:34 Bokehby Carl Colglazier1,296 views
- 3:44 Schools Are Suspending Everyone!by SourceFed217,638 views
- 16:38 How to get started on Youtubeby pinkmacprincess212,005 views
- 2:04 HOW to make a GOOD YouTube video?!by Carl Colglazier10,611 views
- 45:56 Video review of the Blackmagic cinema cameraby Philip Bloom186,861 views
- 2:57 YOUTUBE ONE CHANNEL LAYOUT REACTIONby The Josh Speaks668 views
- 3:08 Tracking - Ep: 3by Pemberley Digital217,555 views
- Loading more suggestions...