Uploaded on May 29, 2008
Pictures & videos of various raves from 2003-2007.
'Free parties' are non-profit events, otherwise known as 'Illegal events' or 'Raves'.
These 'events' take place almost every weekend all over the country and most of the time you wouldn't even know they were there or ever took place.
They aim to bring people together to have fun, meet and share in the wonder that is life regardless of race, colour, religion or background. Everyone is welcome.
Raves are generally very safe, friendly and peacefull events and abusive behaviour is frowned upon, however the authorities seem to have nothing better to do than to unfairly bully us and stop us from having a good time, regardless of the fact that it is most likely disturbing no residents, no property has been damaged or no anti-social behaviour is taking place.
They very often break up these raves with riot police who come down looking for a fight and batter innocent people even women and children and then have the media twist the story to fit their regime.
This video is a tribute to all the rigs that are still out there and all the people who still proudly support free parties.
Remember, if you attend a free party always remember
1) Violence is wrong, even when provoked. If the police come all gather together and sit down on the floor around the soundsystem to show your resolve in a peaceful manner.
2) Whilst children are always welcome at free parties please do take extreme care, and if possible try and leave them at home with a friend.
3) Drugs will be available and if you do decide to experiment please know what you are doing first. There are plenty of great resources on the internet you would be wise to read first. I have been raving for over seven years every weekend and i have not known anyone to die. Please keep it this way by educating yourself first.
4) Always take a friend or two so you can look after each other if you do get a little too wasted.
5) If you drive to the rave please don't be an idiot and drive whilst intoxicated. If you did a few too many drugs then just sleep it out. It's really not worth the risk or hassle.
6) Please show your support for the soundsystem. They are just regular people like you and me and they do not put these parties on for profit so if asked donate a few quid for the upkeep of the system and to ensure there will be another party next time!!
That's all from me. Hope you enjoy the stills just as much as i enjoyed being there!
Standard YouTube License