God Given Free Will
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on May 17, 2008
"Free Will" is not really the issue as far as the Word of God instructs. What the issue is accountability. On this page i will talk about what the Bible says about our wills and what is required of us.
Hebrews 10:26 "For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,"
The word "Wilfully" dissected:
1) voluntarily, willingly, of one's own accord a) to sin wilfully as opposed to sins committed inconsiderately, and from ignorance or from weakness.
Now why would God warn us about sinning "wilfully" if we have no "free will"? Why that's "illogical"
And why would the terminology be, "there remaineth no more sacrifice for sin"? That clearly shows that this is a person who had received forgiveness from Jesus through His blood that was shed on the cross at Calvary is not to be forgiven again.
Here's another usage of that same Greek word for "wilfully" in the new Testament:
1Peter 5:2 "Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight [thereof], not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;"
"Willingly" is the same exact Greek word (hekousiōs) used in Hebrews 10:26
Here's another similar Greek word. hekōn
1) unforced, voluntary, willing
2) of one's own will
3) of one's own accord
1 Corinthians 9:17 "For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation [of the gospel] is committed unto me."
No "Free Will" you say? Hmmm, sounds like false doctrine to me. I have provided three verses in the Bible that refute your no "Free Will" claim. These verses are used in the context of making choices using free will. These verses can not be ignored. I have, at least made a case against no "free will" from the Bible.
Be careful what you say for you can make God to look like He's double minded.
Now it's important to mention that these verses are all being applied in the context of saved men using their free wills. Because Jesus has set us free from the bondage of satan we now can use our free wills to serve God more completely. In other words, God opens the door for us. Doors satan can not close. In God's mercy he does this.
As Paul states,
"But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." 1Cor 15:10
Paul used his free will and knowledge of God and the gifts God gave him to labour "more abundantly than they all". Paul states in the Scripture above that "... if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward" 1 Cor 9:17
And we will receive a reward if we labor for God.
"Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour." 1 Cor 3:8
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Gal 6:7
As Jesus also stated, "But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48
Say you are sitting under a tree in total ignorance of the knowledge of God. Not knowing the Lord at all and God has a messenger of His come by that tree and sees you sitting there and he turns and says to you, "Seek God."
Well, then you now know you should "seek God." And then what does God say?
"But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul." Deuteronomy 4:29
"And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened." Luke 11:9, 10
Then someone may say, "What about this verse?" "...There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one." Romans 3:10-12
This is true, it takes God's prompting through preaching His Word or God directly guiding you to His Word like what happened to me. When I needed God most in my life He supernaturally lead me to His Word where I received the instructions from God on what to do.
This page should bring the Fear of God upon you the fear of God is wisdom. Job 28:28.
"The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death." Proverbs 14:27
The Fear of the Lord causes you to stay in Him. the fear of God is love. love is the keeping of God's commandments.
If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 1 John 2:3
Standard YouTube License
- 7:14 How to Answer a Heretic Part 1by tlthe5th3,478 views
- 6:45 Faith is Work. The Work of Godby tlthe5th30,715 views
- 14:41 Debating is a mis-use of Free Willby tlthe5th2,190 views
- 8:40 The Bible cannot be grasped with man's "Logic"by tlthe5th5,467 views
- 1:50:00 Free Will AND Predestination - Dr. Chuck Misslerby BreathOFLaminin22,065 views
- 1:24:58 God of Wonders: Scientists prove Almighty God's existence through Scienceby Praise Yahshua364,223 views
- 4:50 Hindu Woman asks Jesus to Make Himself Real - HE DID!!!by joel10000a228,850 views
- 24:35 God's sovereignty and man's free will, by David Pawsonby Yustos Anthony6,979 views
- 3 videos Play all Free Will 'God' Style: parts 1, 2 & 3.by NonStampCollector
- 10:47 Wesleyan (Arminian) Jerry Walls Refuting Calvinistic Soteriologyby ThePristineFaith26,465 views
- 10:36 God vs. Free Will "Paradox" Solutionby npage853,796 views
- 8:01 Go And Sin No Moreby cchrisjk5,401 views
- 1:06:13 Grace, Works, and Salvation!by ChristianHopeVideos282 views
- 12:10 Free Will with Sam Harrisby mahalodotcom47,418 views
- 4:11 Pastor Chuck Smith on Predestinationby Rachella387,474 views
- 10:01 The Truth about Eternal Security -Paul Washerby Martin Eldon24,075 views
- 5:13 John Piper - Does God get more glory if people have free will?by Desiring God20,018 views
- 14:50 CIA, Knights of Malta, Alex Jones and Bill Cooperby tlthe5th113,324 views
- 1:41:12 Daniel Dennett - Free Will Determinism and Evolutionby venompangx65,837 views
- 13:27 Faker, The God Of Gods, The Unkillable Demon King Highlights - S3 World Championshipby OPLOLReplay434,809 views