Published on Jul 5, 2012
This video was shown at the 'Optimal Well-being and Tuberculosis Forum Arabia' ( 3rd July 2012) organized by TBmanifesto, division of FSmanifesto.
--- "The Tasweer-e-Zindagi project uses Photovoice to empower affected communities to share their experiences and advocate for change. We gave cameras to people affected by TB and asked them to take photographs representing their experiences, challenges, and the factors that support them. They shared each photograph with a story contextualizing it. These photographs and stories were shared at a gallery event with policymakers, community leaders, practitioners, and people affected by TB.
TASWEER-E-ZINDAGI (photographic portrayal of life) is a project developed by Innovative Research Development ( IRD) Its mission is to improve the well-being of vulnerable communities through innovation in research and health delivery. IRD was founded in Karachi, Pakistan with over 300 staff operating in 8 countries, IRD has become a regional resource for innovative global health research and delivery. Now based out of the UAE, IRD operates in Bangladesh, Democratic Republic of Congo, Indonesia, Kenya, Nepal, Pakistan, Tajikistan and Uganda. "
--- Aim of the project:
Call for support for the following six steps to be taken to reduce the spread of TB disease & create supportive environment for people affected by TB:
1. Disseminate correct information about TB amongst the general population
2. Disseminate correct information about TB amongst health practitioners
3. Disseminate correct and complete information about TB amongst people affected by TB
4. Create a supportive environment where people affected by TB are empowered and not stigmatized
5. Recognize and counteract the social, emotional, and financial impacts of TB
6. Recognize the need to provide communities with basic amenities conducive to good health. *The content of this video cannot be reused without permission