Cloud Printer for Mac - How to setup Print Plugin to print to a Google Cloud Print printer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 21, 2011
Cloud Printer for Mac is a simple utility, available from the Mac App Store, that will allow you to print to a Google Cloud Print enabled Printer from a Mac (Snow Leopard or later). However, it cannot automatically install itself as a service due to some distribution restrictions. This video provides a walk-through of how to setup Cloud Printer as a print plugin in Mac so that you will have the most seamless experience.
Step-by-step Guide to setup an automator based integration into Print Dialog:
1. Open Automator in Mac
2. Click 'Print Plugin'
3. Ensure that 'Actions' tab has been selected in 'Automator'
4. In the search box in Automator, enter 'Open Finder Items' (please translate this to your local language if English is not the language used in your Mac)
5. If you 'double click' on the 'Open Finder Items' in the list of 'Actions', it will add that action to the plugin being created.
6. On the right half of the Automator program (where there is a visual flow graph of the plugin being created) and in the 'Open Finder Items' action, select 'Cloud Printer' that you have installed in your Mac in the 'Open With' option.
7. Now, save your plugin with a name of your choice typically indicating 'Print using Cloud Printer'.
Now, you can print from any Mac application using the Cmd+P button. It will bring up the Mac Print Dialog. Typically, on the left bottom corner of the Print Dialog, there will be a drop-down list box with the default text 'PDF'. Please click that option and select the plug-in that you have just created. This will send the print job to the 'Cloud Printer' program from which you will able to select the Google-Cloud-printer/print-service/Googl
You can also download the automator scripts from the Cloud Printer support website mentioned below.
To remove the plugin that you have just created, please "Open Terminal" and delete relevant *.workflow files (each is actually a directory, so, use 'rm -rf') under "~/Library/PDF Services".
Standard YouTube License
- 37:24 From the Pilots Seat: Full Flight To The Edge Of Space - MIG-25by SEL9000Featured 87,881
- 48:46 Vasudevayani Kalyani Adi Swami Thyagarajarby Somasundaram Meiyappan 21 views
- 2:42 Pixma How To Video My Image Garden Stitch Assistby DanuWilson 1,857 views
- 9:29 How to Connect a Printer to a MacBook Proby yourwinterangel7 6,322 views
- 26:53 FingerPrint is now a windows service, print from your iOS device to non-Airprint printersby tinkererguy 4,777 views
- Cloud computing 89,660 videos423
- 5:13 Top 5 Free Mac Apps 2012 (HD)by calaman1234 19,374 views
- 2:59 How to Connect Google Cloud Print to the iPad : iPad Tipsby eHowTech 3,051 views
- 2:38 Installing Your HP Printer in Mac Lion Using a USB Connectionby HPPrinterSupport 9,069 views
- 3:20 Canon Printer: Easy Photo Print for iPhone or iPod Touchby bestallinoneprinter 14,444 views
- 6:25 Installing Printer through network + MACby DRhkillenger 5,071 views
- 2:04 Print Black and White on a Macby BHtechnology 86,182 views
- 25:02 Paridhaanamichithe Bilahari Kanda Chapu Patnam Subramaniam Iyerby Somasundaram Meiyappan 6 views
- 3:28 How to install Driver for Canon LBP 2900 on Mac Lion and Mountain Lion (Video I)by Max Howard 24,310 views
- 3:25:35 Google I/O 2013: Keynoteby GoogleDevelopers 521,439 views
- 7:48 How to set up a primary DNS zone | lynda.com tutorialby lyndapodcast 43,941 views
- 9:57 Use PrintCentral iPad App to Print From Your Apple iPadby CNetSystemsPCSupport 62,046 views
- 8:52 HP Photosmart Printer Wireless Internet Setup & Chromebook Compatibility w/ Google Cloud Printingby TheRenschool 15,994 views
- 3:21 Print from your Cell Phone or iPadby gigafide 55,620 views
- 4:55:28 Google I/O 2013 Keynoteby CNETTV 40,517 views
- 1:45 Cloud Sync for Things for Mac via Dropboxby Jimmy Daly 3,846 views
- Loading more suggestions...