Cloud Printer for Mac - How to setup Print Plugin to print to a Google Cloud Print printer
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 21, 2011
Cloud Printer for Mac is a simple utility, available from the Mac App Store, that will allow you to print to a Google Cloud Print enabled Printer from a Mac (Snow Leopard or later). However, it cannot automatically install itself as a service due to some distribution restrictions. This video provides a walk-through of how to setup Cloud Printer as a print plugin in Mac so that you will have the most seamless experience.
Step-by-step Guide to setup an automator based integration into Print Dialog:
1. Open Automator in Mac
2. Click 'Print Plugin'
3. Ensure that 'Actions' tab has been selected in 'Automator'
4. In the search box in Automator, enter 'Open Finder Items' (please translate this to your local language if English is not the language used in your Mac)
5. If you 'double click' on the 'Open Finder Items' in the list of 'Actions', it will add that action to the plugin being created.
6. On the right half of the Automator program (where there is a visual flow graph of the plugin being created) and in the 'Open Finder Items' action, select 'Cloud Printer' that you have installed in your Mac in the 'Open With' option.
7. Now, save your plugin with a name of your choice typically indicating 'Print using Cloud Printer'.
Now, you can print from any Mac application using the Cmd+P button. It will bring up the Mac Print Dialog. Typically, on the left bottom corner of the Print Dialog, there will be a drop-down list box with the default text 'PDF'. Please click that option and select the plug-in that you have just created. This will send the print job to the 'Cloud Printer' program from which you will able to select the Google-Cloud-printer/print-service/Googl
You can also download the automator scripts from the Cloud Printer support website mentioned below.
To remove the plugin that you have just created, please "Open Terminal" and delete relevant *.workflow files (each is actually a directory, so, use 'rm -rf') under "~/Library/PDF Services".
Standard YouTube License
- 40:38 New to Mac Class - By PC Classes Onlineby David A. Cox122,590 views
- 19:24 Google Cloud Print On Kodak Printersby TechHarvest6,010 views
- 22:37 OS X Mavericks Hackintosh Installation Guide: Using UniBeast 3 & MultiBeast 6by beelzeb0z016,887 views
- 5:19 Print from anywhere to your printer using Google Cloud Printby Geekyranjit21,397 views
- 26:53 FingerPrint is now a windows service, print from your iOS device to non-Airprint printersby tinkererguy6,362 views
- 9:29 How to Connect a Printer to a MacBook Proby yourwinterangel717,249 views
- 11:24 Imprime desde tu Android con Google Cloud Printby Nos Gusta la Tecnologia y Que?18,442 views
- 3:26 Unblock Printer Heads Clean - Remove Clogged Ink with easeby specialistinks714,519 views
- 5:28 PRINT WIRELESS FROM WINDOWS AND MAC!by TheTechnologyNation82,132 views
- 30:10 Galaxy S3 Screen Replacement - Frame Changeby LE55ONS1,669,674 views
- 3:34 Installing Your HP Printer in Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion Using a Network Connectionby HPPrinterSupport4,544 views
- 5:14 How to use Google Cloud Print (Print from Android or iOS)by mcskittle32322,293 views
- 5:33 Don't Use Apple OS X Lion!by Tekzilla87,324 views
- 2:59 How to Connect Google Cloud Print to the iPad : iPad Tipsby eHowTech5,380 views
- 8:27 How to set up and use google cloud print on any computerby molansardar10,193 views
- 10:20 Google Glass Explorer Edition: Explained!by Marques Brownlee952,994 views
- 48:46 Vasudevayani Kalyani Adi Swami Thyagarajarby Somasundaram Meiyappan95 views
- 5:13 Top 5 Free Mac Apps 2012 (HD)by Jailbreak Central25,880 views
- 1:06:43 Google I/O 2012 - Beyond Paper: Google Cloud Print and the Future of Printingby GoogleDevelopers5,995 views
- 4:10 Getting started with apps for the Chrome Web Storeby GoogleDevelopers59,393 views
- Loading more suggestions...