The Eversons - Could It Ever Get Better?
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 16, 2012
Download a FREE mixtape featuring The Eversons: http://listento.lilchiefrecords.com/a...
This is the first single from The Eversons debut album, Summer Feeling. The video was made by Trophy Wife Productions using stop motion animation and felt.
Stream the album here: http://soundcloud.com/theeversons/set...
Buy the album on surf green vinyl or CD here: http://lilchiefrecords.storenvy.com/c...
The Eversons are good friends who believe in working together, so they all take turns singing back up and lead vocals. The songwriters for the group are bassist Mark Turner and guitarist Chris Young. Together, their style combines the vocal harmonies of The Beach Boys with the dry wit of Jonathan Richman and guitar heavy arrangements of Pavement and Weezer. Turner and Young share the leads on most of the album, while guitarist Blair Everson sings lead on 'Why Can't You Just Be Happy For Me' and drummer Tim Shann steps up for 'You're Just A Friend'.
Shann also takes care of engineering duties, with the band recording, mixing and mastering the album themselves. His focus is on capturing a well-performed and organic live sound. The Eversons spent a month rehearsing the record to get it up to scratch and only two weeks in the studio. All the instrumentals were recorded live, so the album has a stripped back feel that stays true to their live sound.
Summer Feeling perfectly captures all the different facets that make up the Eversons. The title comes from a Jonathan Richman song and reflects the band's shared interest in writing songs that are both humorous and sincere. The album opener, 'Could It Ever Get Better?', has Turner wondering whether his life is likely to improve when his hair thins, his parents die, and he loses his mind. The rest of the band enthusiastically replies "It never gets better!" His outlook is similarly sharp when he muses on romantic issues ('Marriage', 'Creepy') or his career prospects ('So Down'). The mix of pop vocals and off-kilter guitar reaches new heights on 'Terminally Lame', which has Young trying to be cool yet failing miserably. It's continued on 'Heading Overseas' as Young tries to leave his small town for the big smoke, but can't seem to get it to work out.
Standard YouTube License
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - The Eversons - Could It Ever Get Better?
- 5:05 Pikachunes - Nervousby Lil' Chief Records Featured 469,094
- 4:23 Princess Chelsea - The Cigarette Duetby Lil' Chief Records10,618,043 views
- 4:21 Princess Chelsea - Yuliaby Lil' Chief Records733,951 views
- 2:46 Wet Wings - You're Notby Lil' Chief Records15,156 views
- 2:40 The Eversons - Terminally Lameby Lil' Chief Records8,345 views
- 2:30 The Eversons - Marriageby Lil' Chief Records5,941 views
- 2:27 The Eversons - Creepyby Lil' Chief Records8,603 views
- 4:55 Princess Chelsea - Frackby Lil' Chief Records56,712 views
- 30 videos Play all The Beach Boys-Sounds of Summerby BNASTYer
- 3:22 Princess Chelsea - And I Love Herby Lil' Chief Records477,768 views
- 2:08 The Eversons - I'm a Conservativeby Lil' Chief Records13,520 views
- 3:50 Cool Rainbows - Southern Summer Sunby Lil' Chief Records15,027 views
- 3:24 Cool Rainbows - Reality And A Clueby Lil' Chief Records16,648 views
- 2:37 Princess Chelsea - Ice Reignby Lil' Chief Records825,606 views
- 2:31 The Eversons - Hyacinth Girlby Lil' Chief Records9,535 views
- 3:21 Princess Chelsea - Overseasby Lil' Chief Records92,922 views
- 4:25 Princess Chelsea - We're So Lostby Lil' Chief Records14,472 views
- 7:31 Richard Hawley - She Brings the Sunlightby gilkesisking32,984 views
- 3:43 Cults - Go outside (Music video)by hellosonglyrics442,920 views
- 4:09 SAIL - AWOLNATIONby Nanalew83,485,028 views