Unauthorised withdrawals from POSB/DBS ATM cards made in Malaysia - 05Jan2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jan 5, 2012
SINGAPORE: Police are investigating several cases of unauthorised withdrawals from POSB and DBS Bank accounts allegedly made in Malaysia.
Some POSB and DBS Bank customers informed DBS on Wednesday that unauthorized withdrawals were made in Malaysia through their DBS/POSB ATM and debit cards.
As at 8pm Thursday, about 200 customers have informed the bank of unauthorized withdrawals. The average amount withdrawn was about S$1,000.
DBS Bank's managing director and head for consumer banking group (Singapore), Jeremy Soo, told MediaCorp that the bank de-activated the cards immediately and it is now taking steps to compensate affected customers in full.
DBS says anyone who believes that their ATM or debit cards may have been compromised should contact the bank immediately on 1800-220-1111 or visit any DBS/POSB branch.
It assures customers that they will be fully compensated for any unauthorised withdrawals within 24 hours.
DBS adds that investigations are under way and it is validating all ATM/Debit card transactions made in Malaysia over the past few days.
The bank will alert customers if they detect any unusual activity on their accounts.
One victim, 27-year-old Ms Chen, discovered something was amiss when she checked her bank account online on Wednesday night. "Some transactions done, five times. In total, about $3,000 (withdrawn)," she said.
Another affected customer, Ms Li, said an unauthorised withdrawal from her account was made from a shopping centre in Kuala Lumpur.
Both victims decided to make a police report.
"In the police station, I actually encountered this Malay woman. She was also making this police report on an (unauthorised) withdrawal of 1,500 ringgit. Then I realized I was not the only one," said Ms Li.
According to the victims, the transactions took place in Malaysia while their ATM cards were with them safely in Singapore.
"When I called the bank, they informed me that the transaction was made in a Malaysian ATM machine. And it was withdrawn around the same time I was withdrawing my money," said Ms Lin, another victim.
Standard YouTube License
- 47:11 How Money Is Made - Documentaryby MoneyAndFinance166,455 views
- 14:22 Dateline NBC on fraudulent credit card useby HandAAccessories4,586 views
- 1:27 3 Malaysians nabbed for ATM skimmingby TheABSCBNNews2,343 views
- 42:26 India News Exclusive: Genius kid of the worldby India News Channel - Breaking News91,911 views
- 39:56 Defcon 18 - Jackpotting Automated Teller machines Redux- Barnaby Jack - Part.movby killab6666123,814 views
- 8:14 World's greatest math genius. Amazing mathematics prodigy. Maths brain.by Jonathan Crabtree526,919 views
- 8:45 CrimeWatch 2012 Ep04 Pt2/3 - Scratch & Win Scam in JB - 24Jun2012 [HD]by 154thmedia201253,818 views
- 13:44 Glenn Beck Interviews 12-Year-Old Challenging Einstein's Theory Of Relativityby Greg Hengler587,070 views
- 0:41 Two Malaysians jailed for possessing ATM skimming equipment - 07Jun2012by 154thmedia20122,009 views
- 29:35 The Biggest Scam In The History Of Mankind - Hidden Secrets of Money Ep 4 - Mike Maloneyby whygoldandsilver1,232,499 views
- 1:37 Skimmingby 8igTV265,756 views
- 10:54 DBS Bank - Capturing Asia's Growth (Part 1)by LivingBreathingAsia4,519 views
- 29:59 When Money Is Corrupted - Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 5 - Mike Maloneyby whygoldandsilver79,955 views
- 6:51 Math Genius Computes in the Blink of an Eyeby ABC News479,047 views
- 13:25 Piyush Gupta, CEO of DBS Bank, on building an Asian bankby INSEAD539 views
- 9:56 Credit Card fraud and Identity Theft.mp4by Nico van Niekerk5,849 views
- 25:56 Silver & Gold - Hidden Secrets Of Money Ep 1 - Currency vs Money - Mike Maloneyby whygoldandsilver551,419 views
- 7:52 How to Avoid International ATM Fees While Traveling Abroadby Pause The Moment4,985 views
- 1:08 Two suspects caught in DBS/POSB ATM fraud - 13Jan2012by 154thmedia20124,717 views
- 9:58 Driving growth in Asian banking: Lessons from DBS Bank 1/2by NUS Business School740 views
- Loading more suggestions...