Miso Hungry For Miso Soup! (Vegan)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Nov 9, 2012
The perfect soup for winter to warm you up and kick those flu and cold bugs to the curb! Miso soup.
Instrumental version by instrodepot.com
Original song Laza Morgan - One By One ft. Mavado (WMG)
Download on iTunes: http://itun.es/iLp5fT
I forgot one of the best parts! You can add strips of wakame (seaweed) to the water as it boils. You'll find this at most Japanese restaurants that serve miso soup, and it adds some major health points too.
-Wakame (see note above)
-Miso paste (any kind you like)
-Herb of choice (I used parsley, green onions are great, cilantro)
-Yam (cubed and steamed)
-Any other veggies you like. Kale is great as well.
1. Boil as much water as you need in a pot. Add your sliced onion, chopped garlic and ginger. You can leave these items out if you wish, and add them to your bowls instead, leaving them raw. If you're adding wakame (see note above), do that now, but cut the strips into small pieces as they'll expand as they cook.
2. At the same time, cube and steam the yam until it's soft, and saute your tofu, either cut into strips like mine, or smaller cubes. Douse the tofu in a little tamari as it cooks for extra flavour.
3. Chop up your veggies, mushrooms and parsley, and leave them raw for your soup, adding them to your bowls. Add the sauteed tofu once it's ready, as well as your steamed yam cubes.
4. Take your pot of water off the heat. This step is important as you don't want to boil the miso paste. Put a round tablespoon of the paste into a small bowl on the side, and ladle some of the hot water/now broth into it. Whisk it in so it gets incorporated, then add back it into pot and stir. Take a taste here to see if you have enough miso paste. It should be full of flavour. If it seems bland, repeat the step, being careful not to add too much at once as it can get too salty!
5. Pour your soup into your serving bowls over the veggies, and enjoy! I piled mine a bit too high, so either use bigger bowls, or less veggies :)
VEGITIP! Try miso soup for breakfast. You can skip the tofu and yam, and have it plain, or with whatever veggies you have on hand. If you're on the go, boil water in a kettle, pour it into a to-go mug or jar, and mix in some paste, then add chia seeds. Shake it around. It'll thicken a little, and makes an awesome, healthy, and warm drink to take with you. Mad health points.
Standard YouTube License
- 6:48 My Japanese- How to make miso soupby HannahInJapana Featured 36,442
- 1:16:34 40 Year Vegan Dies of a Heart Attack! Why? The Omega-3 and B12 Myth with Dr. Michael Gregerby Michael Lanfield Raw Vegan Fruitarian140,255 views
- 12:12 Delicious NO FAT Raw Vegan Salad & Dressing Recipe using only 3 ingredientsby okraw31,198 views
- 8:05 Organic Vegetarian Miso Soupby ahhomvideos2,133 views
- 7:28 Handy tips to stay vegan in japan #1by Haruki Sakamoto482 views
- 6:00 Easiest MISO SOUP- Raw Vegan Recipeby rawfoodforkids1,145 views
- 4:03 Raw Vegan Diet Makes 70 Year Old Woman Look 40by BluntNewz221,542 views
- 20:00 Japanese Vegan Jya-jya-men (Miso Noodles) (In Japanese translations)by SMTV Uploads1,479 views
- 7:39 A Guide for Vegetarians and Vegans in Japanby Kuroneko8227,889 views
- 5:27 Japanese Vegan Miso Soupby ConnecticutStyle409 views
- 4:34 Healthy Organic Vegan Miso Soupby Dy Ann Parham1,548 views
- 3:51 ULO NA SINIGANG SA MISO "Fish Heads in Miso Soup"by Robert Arivara36,635 views
- 10:26 Vegan French Onion Soup Recipeby fitfortwotv4,763 views
- 14:56 A Toast to Japanese Cuisine at Ori Ann Li's Vegan Kitchenby redbenthi1,511 views
- 9:30 Vegan Miso Soup with dried mushrooms, onions, carrots, spinach .. Fast and Easyby dutch8031,107 views
- 5:50 Mean Green Quinoa Salad! (Vegan)by vegibub409 views
- 4:06 Delicious (Vegan) Nori Wraps!by vegibub676 views
- 12:06 Vegan Recipe: White Boy Miso Soupby thatoneguyonline1,150 views
- 7:22 Healthy Recipe - Kale Almond Butter Red Miso Soupby LarryCook3336,993 views
- 7:10 Make Your Own (Vegan) Popcorn Two Ways! *NOOCH P*by vegibub362 views
- Loading more suggestions...