Rustic French Apple Pie | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parents
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 3, 2013
Apple pie or pies in general are probably my favorite dessert. I LOVE a good apple pie! I learned how to make this super simple but amazingly tasty apple pie from Chef Susan Loomis in Paris. I'll never forget how excited I was when I was making it and then even more excited when I tasted it!!! You can use all kinds of seasonal fruit like plums, cherries, peaches, apricots, nectarines. The crust is flaky, buttery, and it's made in 10 seconds in a food processor!
1/4 pear sliced and pitted
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/4 tspn sea salt
12 tbspn unsalted chilled butter and cut into 12 pieces
1/3 c iced water
4-5 apples sliced and pitted
1 small egg
2 teaspoons water
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbspn all purpose flour
PIE CRUST RECIPE
1. Preheat the over to 425F.
2. Put the flour and salt in food process and pulse once to mix.
3. Add butter and pulse about 6 times; the butter should still be in pieces. The mixture should look like coarse meal.
4. Add ice water (note: water should be super cold in ice) and pulse 8 times, just until the dough comes together. The butter should still be visible. Add a splash more of water if it's dry.
5. On a lightly floured surface, gather the dough into a flat round.
6. Roll the pastry out into a rough circle larger than your pie dish. Move from the center out. Remember as you are rolling to lightly flour underneath the dough so that it does not stick.
7. Fill it gently into your pie pan leaving the pastry to hang over the edge of the plate.
RUSTIC FRENCH APPLE PIE RECIPE
1. Mix together 1/3 c. sugar and 2 tbspn flour. Sprinkle the bottom of the pastry in the pie pan with the sugar flour mixture.
2. Put a layer of the fruit slices and add more sugar flour mixture all over. Keep repeating until all the fruit and mixture is used.
3. Fold the edges of the pastry over the fruit.
4. Make the egg glaze by mixing an egg with a little water. Brush the dough with the egg glaze.
5. Sprinkle some sugar on top.
6. Bake for 35 min until golden brown.
7. Cool to room temperature and enjoy!
Subscribe for new videos every other Thursday:
Farm to Table Family focuses on bringing the family together through healthy, tasty, and beautiful foods. The recipes are modern takes on traditional favorites inspired by the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients.
Music by Rabbit!
(c) 2010 Rock Salt
Standard YouTube License
- 4:04 The Best Candied Yams Recipe Ever - How to Make Candied Yamsby I Heart Recipes Featured 76,768
- 4:20 Roast Chicken with Summer Vegetables | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily2,890 views
- 3:35 Harvest Pumpkin Soup | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily2,357 views
- 3:19 Homemade Granola w/ Orange Blossom Honey Yogurt | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily1,951 views
- 3:02 Green Eggs and Ham | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily1,199 views
- 24:09 Farm To Table - Bouchonby cityofbeverlyhills13,035 views
- 9:57 Lasagna how to make recipe with non traditional béchamel sauce - Italian Food lasagneby Original Naked Chef313,032 views
- 38:04 Apple Pie (From Scratch)by Stella Adhiambo-Harris172 views
- 3:51 How To Do A Quick And Easy Crispy Apple Tartby Videojug Food9,920 views
- 16:58 Pie Crust Recipe Tutorial Demonstration: How to Make Tender, Flaky Pie Crustby Jordan Vineyard & Winery32,695 views
- 12:27 Recipe for a Healthy, Vegan, Zero Sugar, Apple Pie on Spiritual Cooking with Teal Scott,by Teal Scott15,071 views
- 13:56 Betty's Fall Favorite Fried Apple Piesby Betty's Kitchen104,608 views
- 6:30 Classic Dutch Apple Pieby croutoncrackerjacks23,305 views
- 12:00 Apple Pie Recipe: From Scratch: How To Make Homemade Apple Pie! Dishin' With Di #114by Dishin With Di5,481 views
- 3:11 How to Make Apple Pie (French Apple Pie Recipe)by Howdini67,832 views
- 6:46 How to: Apple Pie Step by Stepby Kendraa29,984 views
- 4:18 How to Make Apple Pieby WaysAndHow33,751 views
- 5:03 AMERICAN PIE RECIPE - SORTED EATSby SORTED Food85,801 views
- 5:20 Banana Bread Recipe - Chocolate Banana Nut Loafby Food Wishes211,272 views
- 9:47 Pay de manzana - Apple Pieby Cocina al Natural217,693 views
- Loading more suggestions...