Uploaded on Jan 30, 2012
PRESS SHOW MORE BELOW - ALSO PRESS SQUARE AT BOTTOM RIGHT OF VIDEO TO GO FULL SCREEN. ALSO CHOOSE 1080p by clicking the button near the bottom right to see the video at full quality to see the most details as well.
This is an easier method on the lifter's back than the dead lift method, but it only works well when transferring from the bed to wheelchair. Lifting back into the bed it does not work as well since she will have to be pulled up the bed and shifted a lot if you do this method backwards. When lifting back into the bed, or into a car, the dead lift method is better, though harder on the lifter's back.
1) Assist her to lean her feet over the left side of the bed and sit up.
2) Put her shoes on.
3) Raise or lower bed to similar level as the wheelchair if possible.
4) Position chair close to bed but not in the way of your lifting or her legs.
5) Tell her to put her left arm around your right shoulder and neck and pull.
6) Lift from under her shoulders and pull her straight up, and pivot turn as you lift and lay her into chair.
7) Push on front of her knees to push position her hips into the back of the wheelchair.
8) Put blanket back onto her if needed.
Standard YouTube License