How to Make Fried Ice Cream
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 8, 2010
See what you can learn on the go with the new Howcast App for iPhone and iPad: http://bit.ly/11ZmFOu
Watch more Delicious Desserts videos: http://www.howcast.com/guides/187-Del...
Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - http://bit.ly/uLaHRS
If you like ordering this tasty, hot-and-cold treat at restaurants, now you can whip it up yourself any time.
Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: http://bit.ly/ytmainplaylists
Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels:
Howcast Dance & Entertainment Channel - http://bit.ly/vmB86i
Howcast Family Channel - http://bit.ly/16dz9oH
Howcast Food & Drink Channel - http://bit.ly/umBoJX
Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - http://bit.ly/vbbNt3
Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - http://bit.ly/vKjUjm
Howcast Tech Channel - http://bit.ly/rx9FwR
Howcast Video Games Channel - http://bit.ly/tYKKrk
Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more.
Step 1: Line baking sheet
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Scoop ice cream onto baking sheet; freeze
Scoop eight balls of vanilla ice cream onto the lined baking sheet and put it in the freezer for an hour, until the ice cream is solid.
Step 3: Whip eggs in one bowl
Whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until they are foamy. Put the crushed cereal in another bowl.
Use cookie crumbs, coconut flakes, or chopped walnuts instead of or in addition the cereals.
Step 4: Roll ice cream
Remove the ice cream from the freezer and roll each ball in the egg whites, then in the cereal, and then place them back on the baking sheet.
Make your fried ice cream extra crispy by dipping each ice cream ball in the eggs and cereal a second time.
Step 5: Freeze the coated ice cream balls
Return the baking sheet to the freezer for at least three more hours, until the balls are frozen.
Step 6: Heat oil to 375 degrees
Add 4 inches vegetable oil to a Dutch oven or large pot and heat it to 375 degrees.
Add ¼ teaspoon of salt to the oil just before frying to keep it from splattering.
Step 7: Fry the ice cream and garnish
Fry the frozen ice cream balls until they're golden brown, about 1 minute. Then place them in dessert dishes and garnish them with cinnamon, honey, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and a cherry.
Did You Know?
The Roman emperor Nero often served sweetened snow as a dessert during his lavish feasts.
Standard YouTube License
- 9:48 ICE CREAM MAGIC- DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?by grav3yardgirl Featured 1,090,993
- 1:50 How to Make Homemade Ice Cream in a Plastic Bagby Howcast2,217,775 views
- 2:53 How to Deliver Puppiesby Howcast850,191 views
- 2:33 How to Tie a Cherry Stem In a Knot with Your Tongueby Howcast672,617 views
- 1:35 How to Win at Heads or Tails Every Timeby Howcast2,894,118 views
- 8:47 How To Make Corn Dogsby Hilah Cooking529,506 views
- 10:43 A Baker's Odyssey: Apple Strudel Recipeby Greg Patent213,077 views
- 115 videos Play all cookbookby starreightytwo
- 16:03 THE 10 BEST FAT LOSS SNACKSby leansecrets778,833 views
- 5:01 HOW TO MAKE THE BEST PANCAKES IN THE WORLDby Kind Kyttocks4,129,265 views
- 4:19 DEEP FRIED ICE CREAM - VIDEO RECIPEby Nicko's Kitchen1,018,014 views
- 6:53 McDONALDS FRENCH FRIES - VIDEO RECIPEby Nicko's Kitchen3,308,853 views
- 21:57 FWTV: Moab Uncovered Part 5by fourwheeler215,567 views
- 8:45 How To Make Homemade Marshmallowsby Carrie Isaac2,468,830 views
- 5:28 How to Cut and Prepare Durian Fruitby Specialty Produce839,812 views
- 5:44 How To Make Mini Cheesecakes - El Guziiby ShowMeHowNow194,688 views
- 2:10 How to Make Ice Cream Filled Cupcakesby Howcast438,374 views
- 3:40 How to make Fried Ice Creamby Todd's Kitchen95,206 views
- 6:03 Yamaha YZ250Fby tomahawkkkk149,960 views
- 2:47 THE CLASSIC FRENCH BRAIDby beautydept5,878,814 views