Published on Apr 6, 2012
Street and Racing Technology (SRT®) brand's flagship performance machine returns with more power and performance, superior craftsmanship, new technologies and creature comforts
- Two new models include SRT® Viper and SRT Viper GTS
- All-aluminum, mid-engine 8.4-liter V-10 delivers an estimated 640 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque -- the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports car engine in the world
- Chassis enhancements bring 50 percent improvement in torsional stiffness
- Triple-digit weight reduction results in Viper best power-to-weight ratio
- Standard safety features include electronic multistage stability control, traction control and new 4-channel anti-lock brake system (ABS)
- All-new, innovative interior designs set new standards with premium materials, new technologies and superior craftsmanship
- All-new carbon-fiber and aluminum skin is sculpted for high-speed stability and a slippery .364 drag coefficient (Cd)
- Timeless exterior design incorporates iconic Viper styling cues with a contemporary execution
The all-new 2013 SRT® Viper was unveiled to the world today at the New York International Auto Show, marking its highly anticipated return to the high-performance sports car market.
The fifth generation of the iconic two-seat, American-built supercar has been deliberately evolved to incorporate superior craftsmanship, a host of new technologies and ergonomic improvements while respecting its visceral legacy of outright performance.
"After a gut-wrenching period of uncertainty, the Street and Racing Technology brand team is extremely proud that our hand-built in Detroit, flagship supercar is back and ready to take on the performance car world," said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO -- Street and Racing Technology Brand and Motorsports, Chrysler Group LLC. "Beyond being the flagship for the new SRT brand, the launch of the 2013 Viper proves that we simply would not let the performance icon of the Chrysler Group die. Willed to live on by a very special group of performance enthusiasts inside the company and across Viper Nation, this SRT team under our new leadership was challenged to not just continue the legendary Viper, but to create a world-class supercar that would showcase the very best we have to offer."
Standard YouTube License