Uploaded on Jan 30, 2011
9 Reasons Why You're a Christian
Thunderf00t here's 9 reasons why it's time to quit - VFX doth protest too much.
If I was a christian and I had just watched this video, rather than feeling threatened by it, I'd simply acknowledge how lucky I was that all the influences that undoubtedly have an affect on belief, ie parenting, family, community, cultures, ethnicities,continents, schooling etc have all helped point me to the one true religion! God must really want me to find him etc
If you're muslim, simply read the paragraph above again, but just delete the word "christian" and replace it with the word "muslim". Hey presto you're really lucky as well. And repeat, and repeat, and repeat etc. The point is absolutely valid for you.
Note: You do not understand this video if you believe:
1) it is trying to disprove Christianity.
2) it is trying to disprove Islam.
3) it is suggesting anything other than non-supernatural explanations for adherence to a particular belief.
4) the 9 reasons and their resultant implications for Christianity "specifically", is even remotely close to being the main message of the video.
5) it is only valid if it is applicable to every single christian, or even if it that were the case, that this is of critical importance to the ultimate message of the video
6) that this video is only discussing religious belief and understanding.
7) it is racist to state that ethnicity and culture are exceptionally significant influences on inducing religious belief.
8) You believe Christianity is being singled out.
9) Atheistic beliefs aren't also influenced by environmental issues. However atheistic and agnostic beliefs have never been attributed to supernatural agents.
10) and you really, really, really don't understand it if you believe that the video is calling Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs racist. Perhaps for some it was too much to have a video challenging belief whilst also including the words "racist" and "white" in it. If you do believe this, you are either being deliberately malicious, or you are exceptionally simple. Speaking of which:
Having seen the absolute drivel that VenomFangX considered to be a critique of this video, I personally don't think I need to justify the 9 reasons. However if you don't understand the video and feel I need to give explanation, please just let me know.
Standard YouTube License