You Can Never Count The Stars: Shania & Sydney's True Story of Help & Hope
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Aug 31, 2011
"Shania becomes depressed and has thoughts of suicide after being bullied and going off her medication. She gets help from her sister, Sydney, her mother, counseling and love and help from her family. Her true story emphasizes that help is available and help works for depression and suicide prevention."
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK or 273-8255
You can help prevent suicide in your community by knowing how to ask about suicide, and knowing where to get help. Download our free suicide prevention iPhone App today, ASK ! Search under suicide prevention in App Store to get the ASK! about suicide App to save a life with warning signs, how to ask and hotlines.
Merily Keller, Texas Suicide Prevention Council -- TexasSuicidePrevention.org
Mary Ellen Nudd, Mental Health America of Texas -- Mhatexas.org
Creative Direction: Casey McPherson, Davis Niendorff -- Mhatexas.org
Director: Jason Marlow
Cinematographer: Todd Campbell
Music: Karl Snyder "Valentine's Wisdom"
courtesy of Third Side Music
****Not all videos on the internet about suicide prevention promote healthy responses and safe behavior.**** These videos follow best practice guidelines as outlined by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and Mental Health America of Texas. Our goal is to promote both in our continuing effort to prevent suicide across all demographics, and especially among youth in Texas.
This video was developed under contract number 2010-034469 from the Texas Department of State Health Services(DSHS) to Mental Health America of Texas(MHAT). The views, policies, and opinions expressed are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect those of the Texas Department of State Health Services or Mental Health America of Texas; nor do pictures or mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organizations imply endorsement by TDSHS or MHAT.
Standard YouTube License
- 10:30 After Show: I Don't Want to Ruin the Skinnyby Wendy Williams Featured 19,681
- 3:15 Always Tell Someone: Krista's True Story of Help & Hope for Teen Suicide Preventionby MHA Texas13,747 views
- 3:54 Ribbons of Hope: Maggie's True Story of Help & Hope for Teen Suicide Preventionby MHA Texas25,985 views
- 4:06 ASK the Question: Kurt's True Story of Help & Hope for College Suicide Preventionby MHA Texas6,245 views
- 3:50 Good Friends Are Essential: Zach's True Story of Help & Hope for College Suicide Preventionby MHA Texas4,348 views
- 53:58 2011 Suicide Prevention Conference: "Myths about Suicide" Dr. Thomas Joinerby DCoEpage1,938 views
- 2:36:00 Yiruma Playlist (Collection)by Winky Park113,109 views
- 1:02:24 The NYU Suicides [Documentary]by MARSMagazine31,244 views
- 20:11 Shania Twain & Lionel Richie - Endless Love - Recording Sessionby SSA3161,165,635 views
- 4:56 Rascal Flatts "Why" - Suicide Prevention, Awareness, and Hopeby 0408Hope173,806 views
- 3:48 Teen Suicide Preventionby Mayo Clinic32,053 views
- 3:24 Change is Good... You Go Firstby simpletruthstv154,184 views
- 6:12 Suicide Awareness Videoby HeraBokhari30,231 views
- 3:46 Suicide...A True Storyby stand4more80,644 views
- 3:43 USO Invisible Wounds: Mike Martinezby USOInvisibleWounds11,445 views
- 2:49 Suicide Prevention PSA - Save a Friend, Before you Lose oneby BambiiableProd17,298 views
- 2:38 Teen suicide: Mother shares her lossby ABC15 Arizona6,846 views
- 7:05 suicide prevention. it gets betterby dancedogie1,923 views
- 8:21 It Gets Better (Suicide Prevention)by thatsojack357,653 views
- 6:41 Suicide Myths - with Judy Baileyby Suicide Prevention Information New Zealand2,052 views
- Loading more suggestions...