Our Hydroponic Window Farm - 1st Week Update and 2nd Vertical Tower Built w/ New Plants - 20100330
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 30, 2010
After the 1st week update on our 1st vertical plant tower and showing the 2nd vertical tower of our hydroponic window farm that we just put plants in. Our hydroponic window farm is located in our apartment sliding glass door area somewhere in Texas :) We are very excited to see how our hydroponic window farm turns out and learn from our experiences. We want to use our knowledge we gain from this to setup a much larger aquaponics setup(aquaculture + hydroponics) down the road when we move into a house. For more information on window farms, please visit http://www.windowfarms.org/.
Please see our first video for a better description of the materials used to build our hydroponic window farm.
Changes we made to improve the system:
- Made wooden dowels holding plant containers stand without being attached to the reserviors via L brackets used for mounting shelves to a wall and hooks driven into the end of each wooden dowel to 'hook' to the end of the L bracket. The weight of the hydroponic plant container structure rests on the bottom of the wooden dowel and the hook/L bracket assembly on the top simply prevents it from tipping.
- Modified the size of the holes in the caps of the water bottles(didn't mention this in the video). Some people don't use the caps that came with the bottles, but I do with a small hole cut out in the middle of each to streamline the flow of the water and to help keep it from splashing out of the containers.
- Changed out all of the water from city tap water(contains chlorine, flouride, PH imbalanced and other chemicals) to Reverse Osmosis(RO) water from a local source. PH was perfect right out of the container and contains no chemicals. Plants are doing better than ever and are growing very big in a short period of time. Water qualtiy makes ALL of the difference(that and enough light) along with the right nutrients in the right amounts.
Plants on 1st vertical tower(far left) from top to bottom - planted on 20100321:
1. Butterleaf Lettuce
2. Green Beans
Plants on 2nd vertical tower(middle or right) from top to bottom - planted on 20100330:
1. Brussel Sprouts
Standard YouTube License
- 10:27 Our Hydroponic Window Farm - 4th Week Update and 3rd Tower - 20100412by silox200011,820 views
- 23:58 The Incredible Self Watering Pop Bottle Garden Grow System! You Got To See This!by Larry Hall214,570 views
- 8:26 Small Gardens for Small Spaces: How to Window Farmby Trevis Loosbrock9,163 views
- 3:39 Our Hydroponic Window Farm - Initial Setup and 1st Vertical Tower - 20100321by silox200015,366 views
- 9:00 How To Build A Windowsill Hydroponic Herb Garden (Part 1 of 2)by SleestaksRule66,298 views
- 1:41 Our Giant Windowfarm @ Kulturhuset in Stockholmby KONSTruktioner9,154 views
- 12:02 Home made Deep water hydroponic system for $35 Easyby GardeningFriends55,693 views
- 84 videos Play all DIY VERTICAL HYDROPONIC GARDENby MySocialExperiments
- 10:00 Raymon and Verti-Gro, vertical hydroponic Garden Systemby TouchstoneVibrations85,251 views
- 4:35 Children's Aquaponic Window Farmby Meg Stout6,089 views
- 5:56 Build Your Own Hydroponic Gardenby selfsufficientlife431,858 views
- 1:44 Indoor Gardeningby DailyCandy Video108,590 views
- 9:48 How to build a hydroponic 5gal Bucket /w aeroponic foggerby Mefoo007495,716 views
- 4:30 Hydroponic Lettuce Farm In Georgiaby GeorgiaFarmMonitor67,238 views
- 6:07 A PVC hydroponic garden -- for a balcony, walkway, or fenceby learninghydro266,207 views
- 3:23 Paignton Zoo's Vertical Farmby Sciencesowhat60,951 views
- 30:13 Building an ibc aquaponic systemby backyardaquaponics505,627 views
- 15:39 Off-Grid Hydroponics Experiment - The Kratky Method & Floating Raft Hydroponicsby mhpgardener125,656 views
- 4:02 Window Farm Jan. 2012by Greg Golz4,732 views
- 3:59 Vertical Hydroponics Systemby LovelandHydro72,421 views