"Another Brick in the Wall" - for cello & guitar - Montana Skies
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 17, 2009
http://montanaskiesmusic.com Montana Skies plays Another Brick in the Wall. Watch more at: http://montanaskiesmusic.com
A must see live concert experience: a duo with the full spectrum of an orchestra crossed with the energy of a rock band. Jennifer and Jonathan Adams create a new acoustic sound with their pairing of cello, six-string electric cello, Spanish/classical guitar, and steel string guitar. These award winning musicians delve into music from Pink Floyd and Rush to Vivaldi, House of the Rising Sun, and Bach, as well as their own originals that have been featured everywhere from NPR to the Travel Channel. Using a wide range of effects, Jennifer Adams' blazing electric cello and Jonathan Adams' guitar wizardry combine to create a sound that is truly remarkable. Montana Skies has an extensive tour schedule which has taken them all across the US, Canada and to Asia.
Jonathan and Jennifer met while studying music at the University of Georgia. Recognizing a kindred spirit in each other's devotion to their music, the desire to share music together was ignited immediately. The two assumed they would be performing classical recitals and great works for the cello and guitar; then, in one trip to the library to select music, their whole world of classical intentions came crashing down. The discovery: music written for cello and guitar was as rare as the combination itself -- no great classical works existed. What resulted from this new musical freedom of expression between the two was the formation of Montana Skies, and a unique style of music that would garner instant recognition and praise. Jonathan explains, "The fact that 'ready made' repertoire is not available for our combination of instruments is really what pushes us to be more creative with our music. We love composing and arranging, and appreciate the opportunity to present old favorites, along with newer music, to our audiences."
Montana Skies' name is taken from one of the first songs Jonathan composed for the group titled "Montana Skies." The song was written specifically about being in Montana and the joy of inspiration Jonathan felt from its natural beauty. At the time of its composition, he and Jennifer were completing their individual studies of music (he in Montana and she in Italy) and they realized that they would like to be together. Written during a crucial turning point in their relationship, the song marked the beginning of the duo's musical collaboration and their newly found sound. Montana Skies maintains an active touring schedule. Highlights from their touring has included: the Seoul Arts Center (2,500 seats) in S. Korea, Great Falls Civic Auditorium (1,800 seats) in Montana, and the new backstage series at the Morrison Center in Boise, Idaho. Jonathan's full length instructional book and CD, "Getting Into Fingerstyle Guitar" was published in 2002 by Mel-Bay Publications. Additional publications are in-the-works.
Influences and Inspirations include: Yo-yo ma, John Williams, Paco de Lucia, Tommy Emmanuel, Bela Fleck, Nickel Creek, Andy Mckee, Michael Hedges, Ottmar Liebert, rodrigo y gabriela, strunz and farah, al di meola, willie and lobo, Pink Floyd, Rush, Metallica, the Beatles, Pat Metheny, Derek Trucks, Nigel Kennedy, Yanni, Earl Klugh, Jean Luc Ponty, Stephane Grappelli, Vanessa Mae, Jimi Hendrix, David Grisman, Sam Bush, Tony Rice, the Allman Brothers, Charlie Daniels, Les Paul, Dave Matthews Band, The Police, kansas, Chet Atkins and more.
Standard YouTube License
- Buy "Another Brick in the Wall (Live 2008)" on
- 49 videos Play all YouTube Mix - "Another Brick in the Wall" - for cello & guitar - Montana Skies
- 3:18 Nearer My God to Thee (for 9 cellos) - ThePianoGuysby ThePianoGuys Featured 6,288,804
- 51:09 Final 2º Concurso Internacional de Guitarra Clásica de Sevillaby Josemodelmap56,527 views
- 8:51 House of the Rising Sun by Montana Skiesby Montana Skies23,607 views
- 7:19 TANGO. PIAZZOLLA: "Café 1930" from Tango History. Javier Albarés, cello - Marisa Gómez, guitarby Ignacio Gea99,909 views
- 18 videos Play all CELLO & GUITARby ignaciogea
- 3:42 Blackbird - The Beatles on Guitar & Cello (Cover/Improv)by liefisguitar34,046 views
- 1:26:34 Beautiful Healing Relaxing Music Long Time Guitar&Piano 08by Pablo Arellano2,066,278 views
- 1:00:57 MUSIQUE GUITARE Relax Romantique Amour Acoustique Instrumentale Chansons Classiques detente Playlistby RelaxantMusicTV - Rilassante musica TV - Rilassarsi Ora33,961 views
- 4:29 Montana Skies - Nocturne (Roberto Di Marino)by Montana Skies18,479 views
- 6:19 Improvisation : metal cello soloby jancello26,745 views
- 3:30 Nadège Rochat & Rafael Aguirre - La Vida Breve (Manuel de Falla)by Martin Teschner19,606 views
- 10:11 House of the Rising Sun - Montana Skies (Chicago 7-2010)by Montana Skies10,763 views
- 5:55 Malaguena - Montana Skies (cello & guitar)by Montana Skies31,957 views
- 7:18 Tommy Emmanuel - Windy & Warm + Classical gas, Seoul 2009by LiveinHiDef392,083 views
- 8:12 Apocalyptica 'Duelling Cello'by Andrew Holland397,575 views
- 3:58 Gringo Flamenco by Montana Skiesby Montana Skies15,842 views
- 4:47 Malaguena - Montana Skies (cello & guitar)by akustic5150,286 views
- 8:14 World's Best Guitar Player Unbelievableby Ahmar Ali3,957,179 views
- 4:28 Classical Gas for electric cello and guitarby Montana Skies29,943 views