Bruce Clemens - Stanford University Forum on the Future of Scientific Publishing
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 12, 2013
With the explosive growth in scientific publishing, access to scientific research papers and data has become an increasingly complex affair. Stanford's Forum on the Future of Scientific Publishing on June 27 brought together a diverse group of stakeholders to exchange information about open access to manuscripts and big data.
The Forum was held in response to the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) memorandum directing expanded public access to the results of government-funded research. The February 2013 memo requires federal agencies sponsoring more than $100 million in annual research expenditures "to develop plans to make the published results of federally funded research freely available to the public within one year of publication... Such results include peer-reviewed publications and digital data." Furthermore, the memo states that data repositories could be maintained either by the federal government or "scholarly and professional associations, publishers and libraries." The memo directed federal agencies to provide the OSTP with their draft policies by August 22.
As federal agencies scramble to comply with the deadline, Stanford opened the doors to key players in the publishing debate, including publishers, scientists, librarians, government policy makers, open access advocates, and university faculty and graduate students. Stanford University Dean of Research Office, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford's School of Engineering, the American Physical Society, and the Stanford Photonics Research Center sponsored the event.
More information is available at https://library.stanford.edu/scipubfo....
Standard YouTube License
- 48:27 Panel Discussion on Big Data - Stanford University Forum on the Future of Scientific Publishingby StanfordDataServices37 views
- 32:57 Victoria Stodden - Stanford University Forum on the Future of Scientific Publishingby StanfordDataServices17 views
- 18:02 Tom Cramer - Stanford University Forum on the Future of Scientific Publishingby StanfordDataServices14 views
- 14:30 Stephen Abrams - Stanford University Forum on the Future of Scientific Publishingby StanfordDataServices18 views
- 43:22 Metodologia Científica - Onde realizar busca de artigo científicoby Fabiano Dias993 views
- 15:52 Amber Boehnlein - Stanford University Forum on the Future of Scientific Publishingby StanfordDataServices11 views
- 22:29 Búsqueda de Artículos Científicosby Biblioteca UDCA2,026 views
- 7:34 Apresentação de trabalho científico - Jéssica Pereira Pinheiroby Paulo Braga5,130 views
- 57:15 1. Introduction to Human Behavioral Biologyby StanfordUniversity489,179 views
- 52:29 Stanford's Sapolsky On Depression in U.S. (Full Lecture)by StanfordUniversity504,553 views
- 18:34 Como escrever um artigo cientificoby Carla Estorilio13,677 views
- 1:35:35 Lecture 1 | Quantum Entanglements, Part 1 (Stanford)by StanfordUniversity439,468 views
- 3:47 UNI.CIENCIA 2012 - La universidad busca respuestas a las cuestiones que más preocupan a la sociedadby 2012Uniciencia114 views
- 14:05 Aula 07 - Tipos de trabalhos científicos e normas de elaboração III: artigo científicoby UAB Unitins2,063 views
- 4:05 Scientific Research Resultsby Suresh K V77 views
- 22:10 Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address (with intro by President John Hennessy)by StanfordUniversity1,770,689 views
- 28:31 (5) Normas para apresentação de trabalhos científicos: referências, Prof. Alexandre Godoy Dottaby Alexandre Godoy Dotta1,569 views
- 2:57 Scientific research resultsby Suresh K V167 views
- 52:28 Mathematics Gives You Wingsby StanfordUniversity518,518 views
- 29:55 Oprah Winfrey's 2008 Stanford Commencement Addressby StanfordUniversity1,234,500 views
- Loading more suggestions...