Today's Stock Index to Watch | A Look at the Best Stock Index to Watch for July 31, 2012
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jul 30, 2012
This is James Hyerczyk with today's Autochartist (http://www.autochartist.com) Stock Index to watch for Tuesday, July 31, 2012.
Last week's rally in the global stock indices has put the E-mini NASDAQ 100 in a position to breakout to the upside, making it the stock index to watch today.
Currently, the E-mini NASDAQ 100 stock index is in a position to breakout through the resistance line of a triangle chart pattern on the 1440-minute chart. Besides the resistance line, the index is also in a position to take out a previous major top at 2658.00. A move through this level is likely to trigger an acceleration to the upside.
Technical analysis of stock index trends indicates that the overall quality of this chart pattern is an average 5-bars. The initial trend which measures the strength of the trend prior to the chart pattern's formation is an impressive 8-bars. The initial trend is up as is the expected breakout so the expected trend change is a continuation.
Choppy trading conditions may have negatively affected the uniformity and clarity ratings. The 4-bar uniformity rating suggests the absence of equidistant tops and bottoms. The slightly below average clarity rating indicates that this may be a "noisy" pattern because of the number of price spikes.
Our technical analysis of stock index chart patterns has determined that the triangle chart pattern is a non-trending pattern. The highlight of the chart pattern is the compression of the support and resistance lines which often indicates impending volatility. Because of several weeks of price compression, the E-mini NASDAQ 100 may be poised to make a volatile breakout to the upside. This why it is the stock index to watch today.
This has been James Hyerczyk with the Autochartist Stock Index to watch for Tuesday, July 31, 2012. http://youtu.be/EzeXLFdpF9E
Standard YouTube License
- 9:34 May 15, 2013 End Of The Day Metals Reportby Ira Epstein 147 views
- 9:40 May 10, 2013 End Of The Day Metals Reportby Ira Epstein 420 views
- 6:49 Stock Market Analysis: Inside The Mind Of A Pro, Trades, Setups, Profitsby inthemoneystocks 561 views
- 8:51 May 16, 2013 End Of The Day Financial Reportby Ira Epstein 79 views
- 2:05 #1023 05/17/2013 Oscar Carboni warns against Gold. A wobble from OMNI in ES / NQ ??by futuresanalysts 927 views
- 1:56:02 TNA 1 = Technical Analysis Tutorial Candlesticksby mmassassin 104,302 views
- 7:34 OptionsMD Doc's Market Minute, 5-15-2013by Doc Severson 1,473 views
- 7:28 Video 2: How To Read - Afghan Crochet Graph Pattern Chartsby Jennifer Greenfield 1,682 views
- 4:21 Cup with Handle Chart Patternby PSAadmin 4,266 views
- 3:43 11. How to Trade the Wedge Chart Pattern Like a Pro Part 1by InformedTrades 84,446 views
- 5:46 How The Pro's Trade Double Top Chart Pattern Analysisby StockMarketStrategy 8,088 views
- 35:47 CFA Level I Security Market Indices Video Lecture by Mr. Arif Irfanullahby Arif Irfanullah 4,938 views
- 2:59 Day Trading Chart Patternsby StockTradingMaster 5,428 views
- 10:14 Dow finally reaches 15,000by TradeSmartUniversity 617 views
- 7:07 GOOG higher, indicies higher, profits higher!by TradeSmartUniversity 677 views
- 8:04 PCLN really pops along with GMCR. Indices are consolidating short term.by TradeSmartUniversity 236 views
- 7:57 Potential Bollinger band double topby TradeSmartUniversity 2,325 views
- 8:35 Will The Friday Effect Save The Day?by inthemoneystocks 494 views
- 3:44 20. What is a Stock Market Index? - savingandinvesting.comby savingandinvesting 16,388 views
- 7:41 Levitating Markets Are For Trading Not Lovingby inthemoneystocks 315 views
- Loading more suggestions...