White Spots On Hands
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on May 26, 2013
White Spots on Hands.
White spots on the skin, or larger white patches of skin are typical indicators of vitiligo, which is a skin disorder that either destroys or causes the failure of the cells that produce skin pigment. They appear most frequently on those parts of the body that experience the most exposure to the sun, such as the arms, face, legs, hands and feet, although white patches can also arise in the genital area and the armpits. Another typical symptom of those people with vitiligo is that hair turns grey prematurely. The skin disorder is widespread, with, for example, 1% of the population of the USA estimated to be vitiligo sufferers, with numbers reaching approximately 100 million worldwide, evidence showing that it is a very common problem indeed.
A definitive, positive cause of vitiligo is still unknown. The chief hypothesis is that vitiligo is an autoimmune disease, in which the body's immune system attacks the cells that produce pigment - melanocytes. Actually, people that suffer from other autoimmune diseases, such as hyperthyroidism, are more prone to develop vitiligo. Other theories put forward by some researchers include a belief that vitiligo may be caused by severe sunburn, specific medications, emotional upsets and stress, as well as a theory that a genetic link may be involved.
Even though there are a number of vitiligo treatments, they all have a high degree of ineffectiveness and a high risk of unwanted side-effects. In addition, the treatments are time consuming, with some treatments for instance requiring 2 or 3 clinic visits per week, for several months. Generally speaking, the treatments are not covered by medical insurance, so in most cases, the treatments become far too expensive for the majority of patients.
Topical steroid therapy is one of the more fundamental treatments available. This involves applying steroid cream to the white patches of skin, with the aim of restoring pigment to the skin. It may take several months to see any results, but steroids bring with them potential side-effects, such as skin irritation and a weakened immune system. A more complex vitiligo treatment is photochemotherapy, in conjunction with either oral or topical psoralen. Generally speaking, this is more effective than steroid treatment, but it is also a lengthy process and expensive, and as with other treatments, it can lead to dangerous side-effects such as eye damage, skin burns and skin cancer. Vitiligo surgery is also an option. Skin grafting is an example, but there is always the chance that the graft may be rejected, and as with most surgical procedures, there is a heightened risk of complications such as infection and scarring.
Not surprisingly, many sufferers prefer to take the safer option of a natural vitiligo treatment. Herbal extracts can be used to stop the spread of vitiligo, together with a blend of vitamins used to encourage the melanocytes to restart pigment production. If used in conjunction with changes to diet and lifestyle, this approach can cure vitiligo very quickly, with the added bonus of no side effects. The go-to guy for such a system is Michael Dawson, a certified nutritionist, health consultant and medical researcher. Working tirelessly, he has produced a step-by-step guide showing how to cure vitiligo naturally and safely.
White Spots on Hands
Standard YouTube License
- 6:50 hCG Diet Bodyshot at 120.2lbs- What Shirataki Noodles Look Like- R5P2D31by HCGChica Featured 2,191
- 11:19 CURA para el Vitiligo, medicina alternativa 100% naturalby Alx Sosa24,407 views
- 6:43 How to Get Rid of Warts Using Apple Cider Vinegarby KyKy831272,235 views
- 4:48 Vitiligo: a breakthrough therapy - The introduction of SCENESSE® in vitiligo treatmentby photoprotection117,766 views
- 13:06 Vitiligo: A day in Lee Thomas' shoesby LunaJo6712,520 views
- 5:11 Darius Playing Drums @ Churchby ddrummerable22,627 views
- 5:18 Girl with vitiligo talks about Michael Jacksonby LunaJo67191,418 views
- 4:29 Beauty Tips - Home Remedies For White Patchesby careworldtv8,935 views
- 4:04 Vitiligo: The best treatment and possible cure-Green Juice!by TheNickFever23,686 views
- 8:53 Modified Bier Block for Botox injections for excessive hand sweating (hyperhidrosis)by TheBotoxdoctor6,952 views
- 1:03:19 Baba Ramdev -Yoga for Skin Diseases (Hindi) - Yoga Health Fitnessby babaramdev54,786 views
- 4:51 Vitiligoby MedicalNewsOnline30,856 views
- 2:00 Vitiligo Revealed: What You Need to Know About Vitiligoby nathalie pelletier4,467 views
- 1:27 Oprah Talks about Vitiligo - Vitiligo Treatmentby BarreGuillain103,196 views
- 5:55 Nigeria: report on Skin Bleachingby BattaBox44,355 views
- 10:10 Vitiligo: Tratamiento para Vitiligo con Fototerapia UVB en Dr TV - Entrevista al Dr. Aparcanaby Dr. Aparcana22,986 views
- 1:25 The Most Powerful Vitiligo Treatmentby VillainCrisp10912,706 views
- 4:17 How To: Make Blue/Green Eyes Pop! ♡by SayehSharelo109,988 views
- 2:17 Skin Care - Leucoderma - Natural Ayurvedic Home Remediesby Homeveda - Home Remedies for You!21,783 views
- 14:51 White Spots & Patches on Skin (Vitiligo) Home Remedies-TV9 /part1by Tv9 Maharashtra1,677 views
- Loading more suggestions...