Young Love: Molly Belle Is Janet's New Roommate
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 16, 2012
Janet Waldo (born February 4, 1924) is an American actress and voice artist with a career encompassing radio, television, animation and live-action films. She is best known in animation for voicing Judy Jetson, Penelope Pitstop and Josie McCoy in Josie and the Pussycats. She was equally famed for radio's Meet Corliss Archer, a title role with which she was so identified that she was drawn into the comic book adaptation.
Waldo appeared in several dozen films in uncredited bit parts and small roles, although she was the leading lady in three Westerns, two of them starring Tim Holt. Her big break came in radio with a part on Cecil B. DeMille's Lux Radio Theater. In her radio career, she lent her voice to many programs, including Edward G. Robinson's Big Town, The Eddie Bracken Show, Favorite Story, Four-Star Playhouse, The Gallant Heart, One Man's Family, Sears Radio Theater and Stars over Hollywood. She co-starred with Jimmy Lydon in the CBS situation comedy Young Love (1949--50), and she had recurring roles on The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet (as teenager Emmy Lou), The Red Skelton Show and People Are Funny.
However, it was her eight-year run starring as teenager Corliss Archer on CBS's Meet Corliss Archer that left a lasting impression, even though Shirley Temple starred in the film adaptations, Kiss and Tell and A Kiss for Corliss. The radio program was the CBS answer to NBC's popular A Date with Judy. Despite the long run of Meet Corliss Archer, less than 24 episodes are known to exist. Waldo later turned down the offer to portray Corliss in a television adaptation.
In 1948 the Meet Corliss Archer comic book, using Waldo's likeness, published by Fox Feature Syndicate, appeared for a run of three issues from March to July 1948, using the original scripts. The same year, Waldo married playwright Robert Edwin Lee, the writing partner of Jerome Lawrence. The couple had two children, and remained married until his death in 1994.
Waldo made a rare on-screen television appearance when she appeared as Peggy, a teen smitten with Ricky Ricardo on a 1952 episode of I Love Lucy titled "The Young Fans" with Richard Crenna. Ten years later, Waldo again worked with Lucille Ball, this time playing Lucy Carmichael's sister, Marge, on The Lucy Show. That episode, "Lucy's Sister Pays A Visit" also featured actor Peter Marshall. She also appeared on an episode of The Andy Griffith Show as Amanda. In addition, Waldo reprised the role of Emmy Lou for some early TV episodes of The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet. Later, she was the female lead opposite Anthony Franciosa in the short-lived sitcom Valentine's Day (1964).
Shirley Mitchell (born November 4, 1919) is an American film and television actress.
After moving to Chicago, she appeared in the network broadcast of The First Nighter and played small parts in various soap operas including The Story of Mary Marlin and The Road of Life. After moving to Los Angeles, she played opposite Joan Davis in The Sealtest Village Store. She also starred as Louella in The Life of Riley and joined the cast of Fibber McGee and Molly as Alice Darling in 1943. Her most prominent radio role was that of the charismatic Southern belle Leila Ransom on The Great Gildersleeve radio show beginning in September 1942. In 1953, Shirley joined the cast of I Love Lucy playing the part of Lucy Ricardo's friend Marion Strong. As of 2012, she is the only recurring adult cast member still living following the deaths of Doris Singleton in 2012 and Peggy Rea in 2011. In 1962, she played Mrs. Colton on the CBS-TV comedy series Pete and Gladys, and between 1965--1967, she appeared as neighbor Marge Thornton on NBC-TVs Please Don't Eat the Daisies. In the same year she appeared in Episode 13, Season 2 of The Dick Van Dyke Show when she played Shirley Rogers opposite Bob Crane as Harry Rogers in Somebody Has to Play Cleopatra. In 1963, she appeared on the television program The Beverly Hillbillies as Opal Clampett (the wife of Jake Clampett, an out-of-work actor). In 1966, she appeared in Green Acres as a nurse and as Oliver's old friend Wanda. Between 1967 and 1968, she portrayed Kate Bradley's cousin Mae Belle Jennings on Petticoat Junction. In 1968, she appeared in the Season 1 finale of The Doris Day Show as Mrs. Loomis, a woman who accuses Billy of stealing $5.00 from her purse after she dropped it.
In 1972, she was the voice of Laurie Holiday on the Hanna-Barbera cartoon series, The Roman Holidays.
In 1994, Mitchell voiced the Sneetches, cousins, Thidwick's mother and Sue the Second Fish in Storybook Weaver and later in 2004, deluxe version in Storybook Weaver Deluxe.
In 2012, she voiced her guest star as Betty White in MAD episode, "Betty White & the Huntsman / Ancient Greek Mythbusters".
Standard YouTube License
- 36:58 Peak Mi Kom Chus Tam Domrei CTN comedy 03 03 12 Se7enboy7 Highby Mam SikhornFeatured 1,611
- 42:13 la rosa de guadalupe el amor no se obligaby larosadeguadalupe01 30,228 views
- 25:46 Premiers Baisers - Episode 36 - La Varicelleby Mari Lor 1,357 views
- 9:55 December Brideby Spramped1 32,182 views
- 24:32 The Beverly Hillbillies - Lafe Lingers Onby AllegroMediaMovies 16,489 views
- 19 videos Play all The Beverly Hillbillies - S2 Season Twoby 13RacerZ
- 1:07:21 Shirley Temple's: Red Haired Alibi (1932) - Full Movieby vintagemoviearchive 26,694 views
- 23:44 The Beverly Hillbillies - Jed Pays His Income Taxby AllegroMediaMovies 4,730 views
- 1:29:31 The Great Gildersleeve: Gildy Considers Marriage / Picnic with the Thompsons / House Guest Hookerby theradioarchive 65,444 views
- 3:42 50-50 ΠΟΥ ΕΙΝΑΙ Η ΛΕΛΑby TheBigSnake13 131,028 views
- 9:45 Pete & Gladys with Richard Deacon 1 of 3.by dentelTV1 3,800 views
- 8:44 2Pac on Arsenio Hall in 1993by LoudMusic247.com 8,576 views
- 1:26:24 Words at War: Apartment in Athens / They Left the Back Door Open / Brave Menby theradioarchive 94,966 views
- 1:52 duborez woodcarving Silberholz Holzschnitzereiby AltDeutschSilberholz 34,105 views
- 12:08 Pete & Gladys - Follow That Skeleton - 1 of 2by dentelTV1 2,693 views
- 2:31 Sonny James - Young love (1956)by bang2big 306,819 views
- 5:10 Pete and Gladys, 1962by Tom Gilbert 30,026 views
- 9:19 مقابلة الممثل التركي براك حقي 1 من 3by NoDy 30,348 views
- 2:11 Mother Maybelle & The Carter Sisters - Keep On The Sunny Sideby countryfan5 182,783 views
- 8:59 Fibber McGee and Molly On The Night Before Christmas (pt.1)by 3zy 22,415 views
- 2:57 Marshall & Alexander - Mach mir dein Herz auf 2010by fritz51184 13,599 views
- Loading more suggestions...