Sailing Holidays Greece - The Best Sailing Holiday from the UK
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Mar 11, 2011
http://wildwind.co.uk The ultimate in sailing holidays? The finest sailing centre in Europe?Unbeatable wind & weather, dinghies and catamarans & top instructors
If you already sail or windsurf, chances are you've heard of Wildwind
Our amazing location on the beautiful Greek isand of Lefkas in Vassiliki bay is one of the worlds most perfect spots for a beach sailing holiday.
Light winds in the morning are idea for beginners to learn the basics while the strong cross-shore winds almost every afternoon are fantastic conditions or those who know what they are doing and just want to go....FASTER.
If you already know the ropes and are experienced then Wildwind really is a sailor's paradise.
But if you're just starting out there's no better place to learn either -- our RYA qualified instructors are among the best in the world and some have even gone on to win Olympic medals.
During the school holidays we offer an excellent Kids club so if you want time to yourself you know they'll be in safe hands.
While WW is well known as one of THE best sailing holiday companies in the Med, even if you're not remotely interested in sailing or windsurfing, Lefkas is still a wonderful place to take a summer holiday.
The island is justifiably known as the jewel in the Ionian, the West coast is rugged with traditional mountainside villages perched above stunning and award winning beaches.
The landscape on the East coast is gentler with rolling hills with beautiful pines and firs and with great views of the smaller islands just off shore and the mainland in the background.
The pretty fishing village of Vassiliki is at the South of the island and is a great place to start exploring, whether on foot or bike in the orang e and olive groves just behind the Wildwind centre.
Of course all Greek islands are worth discovering from the sea, and as well as daily ferries from the harbour we also offer a fantastic 3 island aqua-safari, stopping at various beaches for sunbathing and snorkeling nad maybe catching sight of dolphins and flying fish on the way.
You're also welcome to join in our Healthy Options programme; we offer yoga, pilates, and other fitness classes as well as massage, guided bike rides and walks into the countryside and an amazing herbal walk into the interior of the island to discover local plants and herbs and how they are used for cooking and in medicine.
Our accommodations are set in beautiful landscaped gardens and are three small family run hotels just a few yards from the beach.
The village of Vassiliki is a few minutes walk along the beach where a number of traditional tavernas restaurants and bars line the pretty harbourside.
You are free to eat at the centre or in the village as you choose; but you might not want to miss our relaxed BBQ and cocktail nights with live music and a range of eclectic entertainment.
Wildwind is a small independent company and we are dedicated to giving you a good time with personal attention from the moment you arrive. Most of our clients come back year after year.
If you'd like to know more click on to our website or call our UK office...
Standard YouTube License
- 2:24 Discovery Yachting Sailing Greece,Yacht charter greece,Bareboat charter Corfuby discoveryyachtingFeatured 29,839
- 15:00 The Perfect Day of Sailing in the Caribbeanby Rick Moore 307,221 views
- 8:44 Liveaboard life: self-sufficient w/ solar, sails & VHF radioby kirstendirksen 198,861 views
- 14:20 Sailing in the Greek Ionian Sea - July 2011 - S/Y Thetisby rpfeynman64 172,007 views
- 11:29 Kite vs Moth vs 49erby Patrick Rynne 123,569 views
- 7:08 Kate Winslet Sailing with Richard Branson 2011 part 1by KateWinsletRev 22,522 views
- 3:50 Atlantic Crossing 2011by Justin Johnson 59,407 views
- 4:59 Live Aboard Sailing: The Rewards (cruising with solo-sailor Rebecca)by AngelsTravels 16,782 views
- 1:59 How To Sail: How To Tack And Gybe In Sailingby StartedSailing 28,053 views
- 4:32 Xcape Sailing - Greek Islands Sailing Holidaysby Patrick Carpenter 7,900 views
- 6:38 ultimate sailingby paularsen1 894,202 views
- 2:50 Fishing Vessel hits large Sailing Vessel in Good Visibility 20/8/2010by officialCoastguard 156,333 views
- 8:26 Part 3 Interview of Liveaboard Sailor at Rio Dulce Guatemalaby HoboTraveler 27,592 views
- 5:27 Sailing Cape Hornby yachtpals 367,669 views
- 10:03 Why you Should go on a Sailing Holidayby thesailingvideos 5,365 views
- 1:55 How to Use GPS for Sailing Navigationby seasensical 9,783 views
- 16:20 Sailing in 90ft cat in a gale, and in perfect conditions during Atlantic crossingby yachtwork 6,415 views
- 8:06 PASSAGE 1: Three men sailing across the Pacific ocean.by David Sheets 281,517 views
- 4:28 Sailing Boat Basicsby mahalodotcom 191,094 views
- 4:37 Sailingby Michel Boulet 262,298 views
- Loading more suggestions...