Steven Rinella - MeatEater
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 12, 2011
Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor TV for the American Sportsman, has secured a partnership with author, hunter and outdoorsman Steven Rinella, to launch the new original series, MeatEater. The weekly half-hour series is a Sportsman Channel original production with Emmy-winning production studio, Zero Point Zero, and will premiere on January 1, 2012 at 9 pm ET.
Growing up in the Midwest's great outdoors -- hunting, fishing and trapping from a young age -- Rinella has always viewed the world through the eyes of an ancestral hunter/gatherer. Entranced by early man's skill, ingenuity and sheer determination to survive and thrive under challenging circumstances, Rinella has made it his life's work to cultivate those same qualities -- and encourage people to recognize it in them. Raising a family and working as a writer in New York City, Rinella is an effective ambassador of the sportsman's lifestyle to urban and suburban audiences.
Fresh off the success of his series "The Wild Within," and numerous national magazine articles and two books, Rinella is ready to feed fans' appetite for tracking prey to create mouth-watering fireside meals. In MeatEater, Rinella will deconstruct and master any hunting technique; track and pursue prey; and procure his own food. Whether tracking black-tail deer in the remote Alaskan wilderness, or rooting out Javelina in Texas, Rinella will defer to his back-country roots, challenging himself at every corner while providing nail biting adventure along the way.
"We are big fans of Steven's story-telling on TV, in magazines, and in his two terrific books," said Gavin Harvey, CEO of Sportsman Channel. "He is extraordinarily talented at conveying the emotional and spiritual aspects of what it means to be a hunter, what really drives us to prey on and consume wild game. With the premiere of MeatEater on Sportsman on New Year's Day, fans of great outdoor TV have another reason to pop the champagne."
"Hunting to me is primarily about the acquisition of food -- that is the most important thing to me," said Steven Rinella, host. "Quite simply, I like to eat wild game. That said, I have a great respect for the trophy element of hunting -- I love the emblem of deer antlers and bear skulls. I also have a great respect for the adventure -- I love the journeys, the places I get to go, and the people I get to hang out with. But all of that falls under the umbrella of hunting for my own food. Essentially, I am a hunter because I am a MeatEater."
MeatEater will showcase Rinella in his best form -- from hunting Black Bear in Alaska to tracking a Mountain Lion in southern Arizona. But Rinella can also bowhunt as he proves when he goes after Javelina in west Texas. Plus, he joins a biologist friend on a riverboat through some of the most untouched wetlands in Alaska for big-time duck hunting.
Each episode will end with Rinella preparing the day's harvest for a mouth-watering meal. When Rinella chases the elusive Aoudad sheep in Texas, he prepares a North American style clay pot sheep. "When I eat a wild animal that I respect and admire, I feel like I capture some element of that animal and take some of that wildness into myself," said Rinella. "Without that feeling -- essentially tasting the wild -- the experience of hunting is incomplete. And if I am going to eat it, I had better give the animal the respect of cooking it properly and with great care."
Steven Rinella is an avid outdoorsman, writer, and television personality best known for his ability to translate the hunting lifestyle to a wide variety of audiences. He is the author of "The Scavenger's Guide to Haute Cuisine" and the award-winning "American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon." Rinella's writing has appeared in such publications as the New York Times, Glamour, Men's Journal, Outside, New Yorker and more traditional hunting and fishing publications like Field and Stream. He is a columnist for Petersen's HUNTING, has appeared on NPR's All Things Considered, CNN's American Morning and Fox and Friends.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:54:58 JRE #348 - Steve Rinella, Bryan Callen, Cam Edwardsby ThePodcastPit Featured 10,345
- 11:03 Beaver and Muskrat Trapping with Steven Rinellaby Steven Rinella - MeatEater19,885 views
- 5:37 Hound Hunt for Mountain Lions in Arizona!by Sportsman Channel47,946 views
- 5:20 Steven Rinella Stag Hunting in New Zealandby Sportsman Channel10,312 views
- 4:12 AR-15 Lights Up Coyote and the Hunter Becomes the Hunted - Kill of the Week 3by worldhuntinggroup1,259,128 views
- 3:35 How to Skin and Clean a Rabbit --Steven Rinellaby Steven Rinella - MeatEater57,761 views
- 3:04 Steve Rinella - Field Dressing a Deerby Sportsman Channel28,216 views
- 3:00:47 Joe Rogan Live PODCAST #176 -- Steven Rinella, Brian Redbanby MrIanRants13,491 views
- 3:25 Bear Meat Cooked in Bear Fat with Steven Rinellaby Steven Rinella - MeatEater19,931 views
- 13:50 2011 Dall Sheep Hunt #2 - Alaskaby Austin A Atkinson49,363 views
- 2:45 Quail Stir Fry - Steven Rinellaby Steven Rinella - MeatEater7,798 views
- 9:09 Hunting Fishing in New Zealand Alaska Pennsylvania for Moose Dall Sheep Whitetail Grizzly Brown Bearby Gilliland44059,279 views
- 7:39 The Wild Within with Steven Rinellaby Zero Point Zero Production, Inc.29,373 views
- 2:33 Wild Lamb Butchering - Steven Rinellaby Steven Rinella - MeatEater8,101 views
- 0:50 Steven Rinella runs the rapids in a bull boatby thewildwithin2,056 views
- 5:14 Quest for the Super Slam®- Tom Mirandaby TMOinc96,619 views
- 9:38 alone in the wild s01e03 part1by digitalsc4rz68,842 views
- 4:38 1,000 Pound Louisiana Gatorby PetersensHunting20,394 views
- 9:04 Steven Rinella from "Meat Eater" on His Debate With a Veganby NRAVideos5,573 views
- 6:07 The Rugged Peaks: Alaskan Mountain Goatby Sportsman Channel11,346 views
- Loading more suggestions...