2012 Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFF
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Jun 22, 2012
http://blog.stonebrew.com/?p=3309 Back in 2003, three intrepid craft brewers formed Brewers United for Freedom of Flavor, or BUFF, to bring publicity to their crusade for artfully crafted, flavorful beers. To further the cause, Sam Calagione, Bill Covaleski, and Greg Koch got together in 2010 to brew an audacious collaboration beer enhanced with parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme. Emboldened by the beer's enthusiastic reception, the BUFF team reconvened in 2012 to brew an updated version with lemon thyme from Stone Farms. And the rest is history...
Malts: Pale 2-Row, Pilsner Malt, Wheat Malt, Flaked Rye
Additions: Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Lemon Thyme
Hops: Centennial & Citra
Availability: Limited 12oz bottles & draft, beginning June 18th
Distribution: AZ, CA, CO, DE, FL, IL, MA, NC, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, VT, WA
Appearance: This beer pours a beautiful pale gold with a white head of foam.
Aroma: Pronounced herbal characters, a wonderful blend of sage, lemon thyme, rosemary. It has some very pleasant citrusy notes, perhaps from the lemon thyme and the Citra dry-hop. And the Belgian yeast strain contributes low level banana esters and a hint of clove.
Taste: The taste starts with the herbal blend in the forefront, and then is backed by a clean malt balance and a very nice citrus and tropical fruit influenced finish. The finish has a substantial, but balanced hop bitterness and hop flavor. It is a very dry beer, and has a nice refreshing quality that makes it wonderful for this time of year.
Overall: This is the second time that Greg, Sam, and Bill have brewed this beer here at Stone Brewing Co., and this time we were able to get all the herbs from Stone Farms! How cool is it to brew with ingredients from your own farm? Very, very cool.
Standard YouTube License
- 1:02:19 Hangout with the Brewers: Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison du BUFFby Stone Brewing Co.
- 39:38 Saison Ale All Grain Brewby murphydogprod7,306 views
- 1:06:34 Curious George 2013 Full Episodes in English - Curious George 2013 Long Episodesby MicolRusta6,463,758 views
- 20:20 Sam Calagione: Founder of Dogfish Head Craft Brewing - Interviewby James Knott28,853 views
- 21:30 Gormiti Saison 3 episode 08 VFby Ulrich stern37,521 views
- 15:26 MoreBeer RR Brewing visit (Part 1_Brewsculpture)by MoreFlavorVideos5,677 views
- 27:51 Jake's Full Conversation with Sam Calagioneby BrewingTV9,688 views
- 3:19 2010 Dogfish Head / Victory / Stone Saison Du BUFFby Stone Brewing Co.3,136 views
- 1:14:11 Toot Bluesby folkstreamer279,620 views
- 1:04:03 Brewmasters at Google: Sam Calagione of Dogfish Head Craft Breweryby Talks at Google8,919 views
- 14:02 All Grain Dogfish Head 90 Min IPA Clone Brew (Part 1 of 3)by murphydogprod18,433 views
- 14:18 Pride Party Recipes: How to Make a Rainbow Sprinkles Cakeby LavenderMedia4,511 views
- 8:37 Jim Koch and Sam Calagione Discuss SAVOR Flowersby brewbound2,923 views
- 17:51 Say Goodbye to Sediment in Bottled Home Brewby CraigTube173,438 views
- 1:06:07 Bade Acche Lagte Hai - Episode 530 - 6th December 2013by SET India79,307 views
- 6:09 Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA - Beer Reviewby James Knott13,679 views
- 25:40 Brewing TV - Episode 40: Bad Ass Breweryby BrewingTV31,030 views
- 4:04 Spiegelau IPA Glass Launch With Dogfish Head and Sierra Nevadaby Riedel- The Wine Glass Company27,554 views
- 3:26 Bear Republic / Fat Head's / Stone TBAby Stone Brewing Co.7,287 views
- 53:08 The L Word - Saison 02 - Episode 08by alichadu771,597 views
- Loading more suggestions...