John Boehner Crying on 60 Minutes
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Dec 13, 2010
New TYT Network channels: http://www.youtube.com/user/tytsports
New TYT Facebook Page(!): http://www.facebook.com/tytnation
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/theyoungturks
FREE Movies(!): http://www.netflix.com/tyt
Note: The above two links are for TYT sponsors.
Read Ana's blog and subscribe at:
TYT Network (new WTF?! channel): http://www.youtube.com/user/whatthefl...
Check Out TYT Interviews http://www.youtube.com
John Boehner, the incoming Speaker of the House, the most powerful Republican in Washington, and a man who in a matter of days will be second in line for the presidency, has twice had an opportunity to introduce himself to the American people.
And on both occasions, he cried -- a lot.
There is a tradition of politicians crying in America and it often ends with getting beat at the polls. Already some of the incoming speaker's supporters are getting worried that the Ohio Republican's penchant for showing his emotions makes him look weak.
Others, however, have championed Boehner for his willingness to be real.
"This is not exactly the first impression you want to make to the American people," said Republican strategist Ed Rollins. "We've seen his sensitive side enough already. But a sensitive side isn't what the country wants to see in a strong leader. He's got to show strength and leadership and a willingness to stand up to the president. You never saw Pelosi crying"
On Sunday night in a lengthy "60 Minutes" interview, the Speaker-designate broke down twice, talking about his rise from humble beginnings as a janitor and again in talking about his hope for children.
"Family -- kids -- I can't go to a school anymore. I used to go to a lot of schools. And you see all these little kids running around. Can't talk about it," he stammered.
Last month, on election night as returns came in and it was clear Republicans had won the House and Boehner would be speaker, he also cried.
"It's full-bore crying," said interviewer Leslie Stahl. "It's not just little tears and he does it a lot."
Some Democrats and women have suggested there is a double standard. When Republicans cry, they are "compassionate conservatives" but crying women and Democrats furthers the stereotype that they're weak.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the Democratic woman who Boehner will replace, has never cried in public.
"You know what? He is known to cry. He cries sometimes when we're having a debate on bills," Pelosi told the New York Times in November. "If I cry, it's about the personal loss of a friend or something like that. But when it comes to politics -- no, I don't cry. I would never think of crying about any loss of an office, because that's always a possibility, and if you're professional, then you deal with it professionally."
Standard YouTube License
- 4:14 World's Smallest Housesby TheYoungTurksFeatured 256,473
- 8:08 Jon Stewart Changes Fox News 9/11 Responders Bill Opinionby TheYoungTurks 604,200 views
- Speaker John Boehner 795 videos9K
- 3:41 Boehner Makes Fool Of Himself On Fox Newsby TheYoungTurks 51,456 views
- 5:13 Is Boehner Drunk Or Inauthentic? (Poll)by TheYoungTurks 41,439 views
- 0:28 John Boehner on 60 Minutes.by Hans Solo 54,406 views
- 195 videos Play all TheYoungTurks_p2by yes4me
- 2:38 Youporn Spying On Youby TheYoungTurks 2,205,255 views
- 8:29 Fox News Bias Exposed By Leaked Memosby TheYoungTurks 96,374 views
- 7:49 A Very Emotional & NEW Speaker Of The House John Boehner: "Time To Roll Up Our Sleeves!"by Greg Hengler 29,747 views
- 3:28 McCain Flip Flops on Tax Cutsby TheYoungTurks 21,330 views
- 7:41 Bloomberg to Ban Soda for NYC Welfare Recipientsby TheYoungTurks 25,429 views
- 1:16 Boehner Cryingby TheDailyBeastVideo 5,187 views
- 9:34 Ron Paul Defends WikiLeaksby TheYoungTurks 59,180 views
- 7:12 Teaching Obama Politicsby TheYoungTurks 46,702 views
- 2:18 Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) Gets Heated During Speech on Health Care Reformby HuffPolitics 78,531 views
- 0:47 Julian Assange says Sarah Palin, Fox News Inciting Murder - Interview w/ Cenk Uygurby TheYoungTurks 143,825 views
- 7:20 Study: Fox News Viewers Misinformedby TheYoungTurks 42,723 views
- 9:29 Weeper Boehner: Is Alcoholic John Boehner's Crying Genuine or a Game?by politicalarticles 13,010 views
- 5:01 Sarah Palin Flame Warsby TheYoungTurks 30,244 views
- 3:32 Who Is Cenk Uygur? (Official Webby Award Honoree - Best Web Personality/Host)by TheYoungTurks 125,846 views
- 7:12 Fake Hunt On Sarah Palin's Alaska?by TheYoungTurks 50,884 views
- Loading more suggestions...