Competition SQ system unveiling in my MK2 VW Jetta!
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jun 12, 2011
A quick look at the precisely engineered sound system in my 1989 VW Jettta "Green machine" Turbodiesel.
Entire interior wrapped in dynamat, interior of all doors and panels painted in rubber spray liner.
This is possibly the most efficient sound performance car around. The amount of BOOM per watt is insane. Many people need to use way more gear to get the same sound levels AND I have speaker-like (fast and tight) bass response, while authoritatively commanding the lowest ranges.
300 amp alternator,0 gauge wiring, and parallel 4gauge power feeds, two 10" Eclipse subs with matching 1200W amp in a tuned ported box (36hz) that combined weigh about 350 pounds.
JL Audio ZR series door speakers and Focal 6x9's in boxes off a nice JL amp...
theres a trunk battery, which is isolated by a big mechanical contactor in the engine bay so it can be used while the car isnt running and still charge while driving. (I installed a solid state timing circuit so the glow plugs wont interfere with the rear battery during cold seasons)
My capacitor is 3.5Farads, don't really need one with the spare battery there but I like the looks and it doesn't hurt :)
I have a DB Meter in my phone that tops out at 140.5 decibels. It hits that so fast I'm not really sure how much higher it goes. But its crystal clear at top volumes.
The cooling fans and wiring are all temporary, they'll be tucked away nicely in the future. The amp gets too hot to touch with heavy use.
apologies for the way the bass completely overwhelms the microphone on my cameraphone, (well not really).... :) The deck goes up to 60.... I generally demo it around 45.... and its crystal clear to about 50.
At higher volumes you have to open your mouth to avoid pressure buildup inside your throat, ears, sinuses etc... and it can be hard to breathe.. (it keeps your lungs from expanding easily)... some tracks are REALLY good that way.
This was supposed to be my little diesel runaround car.. not quite sure why I did this to it... but I have never done a stereo car before... so I thought I may as well get it out of my system.
I blew the sunroof out of the car with the stereo. THAT is pretty rad. Its now bolted down and filled with fibreglass, and the entire roof chamber is filled with expanding foam.
Standard YouTube License
- 5:41 4 DAD BD 10's on 2 Arc Audio KS 2500.1's in a Jetta Trunk-Cruisers Mobile Audioby twistedchild420Featured 440,357
- 8:35 Solution To Amp Getting Hot / Fan Installationby casperskafs 39,726 views
- 3:27 SQ Frontstageby CarAudionElectronics 12,422 views
- 5:26 Expanding Foam Tutorialby Mogrymillian 537,303 views
- 7:40 Part 5 (Battery system) Top IASCA / USAC SQ Competition Vehicle shows "All"by TheZierbox 1,480 views
- 2:26 Golf MK2 R32 inside (part2)by golfmk2T 6,190 views
- 9:40 How to Make Your Car Quieter With Auto Insulation / Sound Deadeningby FloridaSPL 240,252 views
- 9:20 SQ Car Audio Project Part 3 Sundown SAX-1200d Amp & RE SE 10" Subwoofer Testsby Photo314159 10,663 views
- 10 videos Play all Science of Slapby Paidnful
- 4:57 SMD/Psyph Morrison: 2000 BMW 5-Series - "The SQ Monster"by The Car Life 12,589 views
- 1:48 89 Jetta Mk2 Engine makeover with upgrades. Happy Diesel!by Mike Thomas 3,476 views
- 1:46 VW Autocross at Waterfestby Briankbot 40,369 views
- 3:28 How to Install Dynamat DYNOMATby ATCRyderX 214,442 views
- 2:05 Lighting Demo for Acura TL SQ Comp Vehicle by Simplicity In Soundby 16psibrick 3,864 views
- 0:50 Hifonics HFi12D4 single subwoofer in 2009 VW Jettaby westvandude 18,536 views
- 5:05 How to : VW Jetta fiberglass speaker boxby undergroundKuztoms 27,541 views
- 6:57 SQ Car Audio Project Part 6 System Diagram and Wiringby Photo314159 9,135 views
- 1:28 Jetta MK2 sound open pipe. (bruin golfke -- vagcruisers.be)by Demaegh 2,311 views
- 1:43 12000k hid start up and pilot strobe lights.by famous121809 10,673 views
- 1:03 1990 jetta 1.6 turbo diesel with straight pipeby mykeej2 7,308 views
- 0:41 88 Vw mk2 Jetta! Vr6 Engine swap!by sslusshy 21,839 views
- Loading more suggestions...