Rollerball (Full Lenth Film)
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 18, 2011
(1975) An American dystopian fiction film directed by Norman Jewison from a screenplay by William Harrison, who adapted his own short story "Roller Ball Murder", which first appeared in 1973 in Esquire magazine.
In the film, the world of 2018 is a global corporate state, containing entities such as the Energy Corporation, a global energy monopoly based in Houston which deals with nominally-peer corporations controlling access to all transport, luxury, housing, communication, and food on a global basis.
The film's title is the name of a violent, globally popular sport around which the events of the film take place. It is similar to Roller Derby in that two teams clad in body armor skate on roller skates (some instead ride on motorcycles) around a banked, circular track. There, however, the similarity ends. The object of the game is to score points by the offensive team (the team in possession of the ball) throwing a softball-sized steel ball into the goal, which is a magnetic, cone-shaped area inset into the wall of the arena. The team without possession of the ball is defensive and acts to prevent scoring. It is a full-contact sport in which players have considerable leeway to attack opposing players in order to take or maintain possession of the ball and to score points (in the overpopulated world of the original short story, the object of the game is to kill off the other players). In addition, each team has three players who ride motorcycles to which teammates can latch on and be towed. The player in possession of the ball must hold it in plain view at all times.
Rollerball teams, named after the cities in which they are based, are owned by the various global corporations. Energy Corporation sponsors the Houston team. The game is a substitute for all current team sports and for warfare. While its ostensible purpose is entertainment, Mr. Bartholomew, a high-level executive of the Energy Corporation, describes it as a sport designed to show the futility of individual effort.
Among the filming locations used was the Rudi-Sedlmayer-Halle as arena, the then-new BMW Headquarters and Museum buildings in Munich, Germany, appearing as the headquarter buildings of Energy Corporation and at the Olympiapark, Munich.
Standard YouTube License
- 2:03:53 Star Wars Uncut: Director's Cutby Casey PughFeatured 3,453,553
- 2:02:39 Asteroidby SrLusofono's channel 434,940 views
- 2:05:03 Bicentennial Man (1999)by TheLastMedia 245,851 views
- 1:37:08 The Philadelphia Experiment 1984by Sheep Wolf 353,908 views
- 1:26:56 Starship Invasions (1977 - FULL MOVIE)by Adam Proskiw 173,453 views
- 1:23:52 Saturn 3, 1980by MyVCaster.com 160,137 views
- 1:39:25 Tough Guysby senneka67 358,182 views
- 10 videos Play all 60'sby TheFrenchEngineer1
- 2:51:57 Final Days Of Planet Earth 2006by albonni's channel 2,024,904 views
- 3:10:06 Blood In BLood Out FULL MOVIE HDby joeyboi Lordszhot 7,372,010 views
- 1:34:44 Bio-Domeby thexbplayer 322,191 views
- 1:28:38 Deadly Prey (1988) - Full filmby Obscure437 664,674 views
- 1:44:04 ROLLER BOOGIE full movie Linda Blair Jim Bray 1979 disco skatingby skatexedge31 123,119 views
- 2:19:39 Take Off (full movie)by De3pDown's channel 781,504 views
- 1:26:25 Bloodsport 2 1996 ( Full movie ) 480Pby My Video Game Tutorials 2,726,594 views
- 2:52:26 THE ODYSSEY full movieby Mind's Eye 3,557,337 views
- 2:10:10 Khartoum 1966 THIS FILM MADE BY ALL ORIGINAL FACTby raggioceleste 155,542 views
- 1:36:59 Hangar 18 (1980 - FULL MOVIE)by Adam Proskiw 276,823 views
- 1:37:48 Gone In 60 Seconds (1974) Full Movieby EnglishWarrior500 736,682 views
- 1:24:32 My Boyfriend's Back (Full Movie)by CrawledOutOfAGrave 2,843,945 views
- 1:38:11 RUSLAN: VENGANZA DE UN ASESINO. PELICULA BUENAby SensacionCumbiera10 1,424,194 views
- Loading more suggestions...