Big Bang Theory
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Sep 28, 2009
Big Bang Theory - A clip from our friends at http://www.IllustraMedia.com - The Privileged Planet.
The Big Bang Theory is an effort to explain what happened at the very beginning of our universe. Discoveries in astronomy and physics have shown beyond a reasonable doubt that our universe did in fact have a beginning. Prior to that moment there was nothing; during and after that moment there was something: our universe. The big bang theory is an effort to explain what happened during and after that moment.
According to the standard theory, our universe sprang into existence as "singularity" around 13.7 billion years ago. What is a "singularity" and where does it come from? Well, to be honest, we don't know for sure. Singularities are zones which defy our current understanding of physics. They are thought to exist at the core of "black holes." Black holes are areas of intense gravitational pressure. The pressure is thought to be so intense that finite matter is actually squished into infinite density (a mathematical concept which truly boggles the mind). These zones of infinite density are called "singularities." Our universe is thought to have begun as an infinitesimally small, infinitely hot, infinitely dense, something - a singularity. Where did it come from? We don't know. Why did it appear? We don't know.
After its initial appearance, it apparently inflated (the "Big Bang"), expanded and cooled, going from very, very small and very, very hot, to the size and temperature of our current universe. It continues to expand and cool to this day and we are inside of it: incredible creatures living on a unique planet, circling a beautiful star clustered together with several hundred billion other stars in a galaxy soaring through the cosmos, all of which is inside of an expanding universe that began as an infinitesimal singularity which appeared out of nowhere for reasons unknown. This is the Big Bang Theory.
For more information, please visit http://www.allaboutscience.org/big-ba...
Standard YouTube License
- 1:26:36 Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking - The Story of Everythingby Akshaya Ravin147,724 views
- 9:55 The History of the Universe in 10 Minutesby bdwilson1000147,244 views
- 2:17:10 Creation / Evolution Debate 11 - Dr. Hovind vs Dr. Hartman U of Arkansas Anthropology profby slaves4christ12,069 views
- 4:40 Big Bang & Birth of the Earthby MIKOLBZ1,546,452 views
- 24:59 The Largest Black Holes in the Universeby SpaceRip1,944,595 views
- 44 videos Play all Big Bang Theoryby mitubdn
- The Big Bang Theory 119 videos263K
- 8:34 1. The beginning of the universe .. the big bangby sentiencetv275,238 views
- 20:14 How Large is the Universeby MrAbkebab Explore the Universe61,581 views
- 12:01 What was there before the Big Bang?by euronews (in English)83,679 views
- 1:29:56 BEYOND THE BIG BANG HD 1080pby mavireck31,349 views
- 1:17:30 Segre Lecture: How Did The Universe Begin?by UCBerkeleyEvents114,002 views
- 4:26 The Detailed Universe: This will Blow Your Mind.by PureEducation2,447,935 views
- 44:52 Space Documentary - The Next Big Bangby Space Vacationers155,209 views
- 43:17 Birth of the Universe. Big Bangby Voluspa / Asatru97,977 views
- 1:29:53 THC - O Universo Episódio 01 - Além do Big Bang [Dublado]by Elvis Benevides580,966 views
- 8:11 Lets Test Them: Evolution vs. Creationismby DonExodus21,003,336 views
- 1:05:56 'The greatest unsolved mysteries of the universe': Dr Paul Francis at ANU, March 2010by ANUchannel797,814 views
- 41:56 El Universo HD 2013 Nuestro lugar en la Via Lactea - Documental HDby Carlos Mask272,625 views
- 44:28 Strangest Things In The Universe Documentary | 2013by DocumentaryKingHD1,234,180 views