This video is unavailable.
Superman Theme Song
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Jul 5, 2006
http://www.goldentusk.net for the Full OFFICIAL Original Lyrics
http://www.facebook.com/goldentusk for Behind the Scenes
http://www.twitter.com/goldentusk for Updates
A Superman Theme Song Parody, sung to the tune of the One and Only Superman Theme Song, quite possibly the greatest theme song ever composed.
Photos from: http://www.pdfoto.com, http://www.imageafter.com, http://www.morguefile.com, http://www.bigfoto.com, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/main_page, http://www.picfindr.com, http://pdphoto.org, http://www.sxc.hu, and http://www.flickr.com.
Superman was my first theme song, in a long line of Theme Song Parody Homages.
Superman, the Man of Steel, is one of the greatest icons in history. He is an ideal, a man of steel. I loved the movies as a kid, and thought the comics were amazing. I still remember how crushed I was when this invincible man of steel died in the books, how elated I was at the whole Four Superman Rebirth storyline; I really liked Superman. Christopher Reeves was just the total embodiment of that character and I still can really only think of him as the Man of Steel himself.
Superman, Kal-El, Son of Jor-El, is sent as a baby from the collapsing Planet Krypton to Earth. He crash lands in Smallville where Ma and Pa Kent find him and raise him as their own child, Clark Kent. He matures and becomes very aware of his super-abilities: Super strength, super speed, heat vision, icy cold breath, and near invincibility unless he goes near Kryptonite. The Man of Steel decides to protect Earth, his new home to use his powers for Truth, Justice, and the American Way. Lex Luthor is a diabolical madman bent on ruling the world and, subsequently, the ultimate destruction of Superman or anything else that would dare to stand in his way.
In the Richard Donner movies that I cherish the most, Christopher Reeves played Superman, Gene Hackman played Lex Luthor, Margot Kidder played Lois Lane, and Marlon Brando played Superman's father, Jor-El. The score is written by the greatest composer ever, John Williams, for which he was nominated for an Oscar in 1979, and lost, unfairly.
As far as the actual theme song video, the story goes...
I was acting in a friend's film called NAILS, still to be finished, and we were on a break. As I watched them set up the next shot, I started singing along to the instrumental part of whatever song happened to be blaring through the speakers of the studio we were at. My friend who was next to me said, "I HATE when people do that. Sing to the instrumental parts of songs. I hate that." My girlfriend was out of town and I drove home and decided to mess around to Superman's theme because it's my favorite piece of music that has no words, just as a kind-of joke to my buddy. I wrote the words in a day, went to Hollywood Wig and Toy to buy the costume, and that night hung my grandmother's hand-me-down green blanket from the ceiling and filmed me lip-synching to the song I had recorded a few hours beforehand. I had no lights except my kitchen lights and it was in the middle of the summer in an apartment that had no air conditioning. I was in a costume that was tremendously hot and then put a dress shirt on top. It was warm. Plus, I put five pounds of gel (an exaggeration) on top of my head to get the curls to stay down. (It didn't quite go exactly as I had planned.) I scoured the internet for some royalty-free photos, edited the video that night after having performed an hour's worth of takes, and then showed my family at dinner. They thought it was interesting. I asked my buddy if he thought it was really lame and whether or not I should post it to YouTube, and he wondered why I wouldn't. So I did. I fully expected to be ostracized from everyone, but people liked it. For the most part. I had uploaded it just in time for the release of the highly anticipated and widely panned Superman Returns Reboot starring Brandon Routh and Kevin Spacey. It was my first YouTube video and I'd get a couple views each day, maybe a comment or two. Then, it was featured on a Superman blog and in two or three days jumped 25,000 views (which seemed HUGE at the time). It has been climbing steadily since.
The Superman Theme Song video is my most iconic video and has the most views. It was done the quickest and is definitely the simplest result. It had the honor of being screened as part of a Superhero exhibit in a museum in Paris, back in 2007. And, if you look at the video responses, you'll see two examples of very young kids dressing up as Superman and singing the lyrics. It's gotta be up there with the cutest thing ever.
If you're still reading this, you must really be a fan. But thank you for watching the video, and if you get a chance, subscribe to the channel and look me up on Facebook/goldentusk.
Standard YouTube License
Next in Classic Movie Theme Songs (Now with Lyrics)
- 50 videos Play all YouTube Mix
- 2:38 Batman Theme Songby GoldentuskFeatured 9,254,546
- 5:50 Star Wars Theme Songby Goldentusk 3,281,191 views
- 5:03 Harry Potter and the Theme Songby Goldentusk 972,425 views
- 8:22 Grand Theft Auto San Andreas: Mission #89 - Up, Up And Away!by LucasMagnani96 972,161 views
- 10:42 Li'l Avengers: Part 2 of 3 (Episode #13)by kdtenthirteen 6,126,695 views
- 7:15 The Amazing Adventures of Little Batman (Part 2 of 3)by vvfilms 4,097,792 views
- 19:25 Kevin Smith talks about Supermanby Underdog21 2,217,304 views
- 7:11 Superman vs. Nuclear Man Part 1 Re-editedby thesouz18 1,414,250 views
- 1:22:11 Superman: Requiem - Official - Full Movieby cupsogue 4,545,664 views
- 3:22 It's not easy to be meby Clana1987 1,751,125 views
- 0:27 The "No Junkyard" Reveal of Superman - 2 - Red sun withinby Kal El 560,788 views
- SUPERMAN™ ► The GREATEST SUPERHERO OF ALL-TIME! 17 videos3K
- 5:23 Superman and Spider-Man are NOT friends - Theme Songsby Kyle James 7,006,316 views
- 4:15 Christopher reeve Superman Tributeby Taimur S.K 1,458,374 views
- 2:17 Batman Superman & Spider-Man The Movie (Trailer)by thedudeabides43 3,149,548 views
- 2:26 Superman II ( Trailer ) 1980by carebutless 1,059,150 views
- 1:54 Spider-Man, Iron Man & Hulkby FLVsb 15,031,889 views
- 1:38 Spiderman 4by annika69 16,331,231 views
- 0:58 Spiderman 4 trailerby AlexDanCj 19,942,947 views
- 16:57 The Death and Return of Supermanby darosthemovie 2,301,930 views