Harvest Pumpkin Soup | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parents
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Published on Oct 17, 2013
Pumpkin Soup. Can't get more fall than a pumpkin soup! Baked in a pumpkin! Ever since we received the book "Pumpkin Soup" in our preschool book club, I've been wanting to make this perfect fall soup for the kids. We went to a real pumpkin patch to pick out the Cinderella pumpkin for the soup and the boys got to see how pumpkins grow. One of my dear friends, Shianling, introduced me to this recipe from Deborah Madison and it's definitely a keeper. It's tasty, simple, pumpkiny, and perfect for the holidays coming up!
HARVEST PUMPKIN SOUP RECIPE
1 Cinderella Pumpkin
1 quart of fresh chicken or vegetable broth
1 quart of whole milk, heavy cream, or a mix
15 sage leaves
3-5 garlic cloves sliced
1-2 handfuls Gruyere Cheese
Italian flat leaf parsley
1. Cut a lid off the top of the pumpkin
2. Scoop out seeds and stringy fibers
3. Rub a little sea salt inside
4. Heat 1 quart of fresh chicken or vegetable broth
5. Add 1 quart of whole milk
6. Add sliced garlic and sage
7. Add fresh pepper
8. Once boiling, pour the hot liquid into the pumpkin
9. Bake in the oven at 375F for 2 hrs or until the pumpkin feels soft
10. Pumpkin chaos in the kitchen!
11. Carefully, scoop the flesh into the soup
12. Optional: Depending on the pumpkin, if the flesh is stringy, pour the liquid and pumpkin flesh out and puree it instead. Then put it back into the pumpkin. Or if pumpkin has caved in, forget the pumpkin and use a traditional serving bowl instead.
13. Stir in lots of gruyere cheese, sprinkle flat leaf italian parsley, and add some salt to taste.
Subscribe for new videos every other Thursday:
Farm to Table Family focuses on bringing the family together through healthy, tasty, and beautiful foods. The recipes are modern takes on traditional favorites inspired by the finest and freshest seasonal ingredients.
Music by Rabbit! "Now That I Found You"
(c) 2011 Rock Salt
Standard YouTube License
- 11:58 WTF! Butternut Chicken Soup!! Noreen's Kitchenby Noreens Kitchen Featured 1,730
- 4:46 Rustic French Apple Pie | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily2,919 views
- 4:20 Roast Chicken with Summer Vegetables | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily2,890 views
- 3:19 Homemade Granola w/ Orange Blossom Honey Yogurt | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily1,951 views
- 3:02 Green Eggs and Ham | Farm to Table Family | PBS Parentsby farmtotablefamily1,199 views
- 5:21 How to make Easy Pumpkin Soupby Cooking4Students3,620 views
- 9:53 Best Pumpkin Seeds EVER!!!by deermeatfordinner5,190 views
- 8:52 Butternut Squash Soup Recipeby Hilah Cooking27,531 views
- 16:15 Pumpkin Soup Halloween Recipe How to Makeby Original Naked Chef5,691 views
- 7:11 HOW TO ROAST PUMPKIN SEEDS - RECIPEby YourProduceGuy36,878 views
- 6:37 How to make Pumpkin Soupby john davison3,575 views
- 5:32 EASY PUMPKIN SOUP - VIDEO RECIPEby Nicko's Kitchen133,461 views
- 8:17 Pumpkin Soup Recipe-How to Make-Dishin' With Di Recipe-Video #6-Diane Kometaby Dishin With Di6,035 views
- 14:56 HOW TO LOOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT WITHOUT EXERCISING *MUST WATCH* PT1by Juvaun Ivauno699,266 views
- 5:43 Pumpkin Soup - Quick and Healthy Recipeby madhurasrecipe1,782 views
- 9:33 [Thai Food] Custard Steamed in Pumpkin (Sang Ka Ya Fak Thong)by FoodTravelTVEnglish4,437 views
- 4:38 Crema de calabaza - Pumpkin Soupby Cocina al Natural11,033 views
- 20:25 Raw Not Roasted Pumpkin Seeds for Eating or Growing & Pumpkin Apple Juiceby Learn Organic Gardening at GrowingYourGreens6,890 views
- 8:59 How to make Pumpkin Pie recipeby ShakespearesChin54,258 views
- 4:42 25 Band - Hamishe ba hamim ( Music Video )by موزیک جوان10,017 views
- Loading more suggestions...