David Lynch Meets George Lucas
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 17, 2010
The Hudson Union Society™ www.hudsonunionsociety.com is where todays leaders come to discuss tomorrows ideas. If you live not to far from New York, please join us in person. Three time Oscar nominated director David Lynch is among the leading filmmakers of our era. From the early seventies to the present day, Lynch's popular and critically acclaimed film projects, which include Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Straight Story, and Mulholland Drive, are considered to have broken down the wall between art-house cinema and Hollywood moviemaking.
David Lynch is famous for writing and directing what can only be called David Lynch movies, features whose perplexing plots are often a surreal mix of wonder and repugnance. Lynch is one of a handful if the most famous directors in the world who has changed cinema for good.
After his first film, Eraserhead (1976), became a cult hit, Lynch directed, Elephant Man, the film was a critical and box-office success and he was nominated for an Oscar in 1980, based on the tragic real life experience of Joseph Merrick in Victorian London, and Blue Velvet in 1986, starring Isabella Rosselini, Kyle Mclachlan, and Dennis Hopper. All of these films are characterized by their darkness and beauty. He directed Frank Herberts classic sci-fi novel Dune for the silver screen. The television series Twin Peaks, in the late eighties, brought Lynch's work to a far larger audience and was hailed as a lovingly crafted, strange and original work for television.
Wild At Heart, starring Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern, won the Palme D'Or at the Cannes Film Festival in 1990. 1999 saw the release of The Straight Story, starring Sissy Spacek and Richard Farnsworth, which was considered a beautifully shot film of a remarkable true story. Mullholland Drive won Lynch the Best Director award at Cannes in 2001 and another Oscar nomination for Best Director.
Mr. Lynched was offered to direct the third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, but turned it down.
As a filmmaker, Lynch revels in his power to stimulate, understanding full well that his visceral, often oblique images may frustrate and even antagonize audiences. Though his work is full of abstractions, it is still, in large part, about the old-fashioned conflict between good and evil, something on which moviegoers can certainly hang their hat. Lynch has said that finding love in hell is a theme in all his movies. Lynch has had a major impact on promoting and developing consciousness-based education for children. Lynch and his Foundation believe in developing the full creative potential of the brain and mind, improving health, reducing stress, and improving academic outcomes for children. To date, Lynch's Foundation has granted scholarships over 100,000 at-risk students, their parents, teachers and administrators
Standard YouTube License
- 54:02 Fort Apache - ¿Cataluña se va de España?by HispanTV Featured 16,258
- 8:09 David Lynch on Bob's Big Boyby hudsonunionsociety18,849 views
- 3:56 Harold Ramis on the Metaphor of Ground Hog Dayby hudsonunionsociety11,695 views
- 4:50 Ricky Gervais on the "Real" David Brentby hudsonunionsociety48,326 views
- 4:42 Ann Coulter on Muslims & Airport Securityby hudsonunionsociety19,200 views
- David Lynch 7,824 videos20
- 19:55 A Conversation With David Lynchby suspekt296,727 views
- 8:23 David Lynch Interview from 1985 on Duneby DuneInfo92,236 views
- 4:08 David Lynch - How to Translate an Idea into Realityby mondovich118,685 views
- 1:32:29 El pueblo contra George Lucas - The People vs. George Lucas (sub esp)by eclipCrap6,650 views
- 1:51 David Lynch: Working with Marilyn Mansonby EMDMlive62,854 views
- 28:32 David Lynch on Charlie Rose (January 12th 2000)by sambar098637,122 views
- 14:06 David Lynch / Workby Vizanthrop26,095 views
- 19:52 Lost Highway Analysisby Elijah Malmrose3,929 views
- 0:38 Best David Lynch Momentby ThePrivateWardrobe6,484 views
- 8:43 David Lynch on Consciousness, Creativity and the Brain (Transcendental Meditation)by Transcendental Meditation179,999 views
- 5:06 David Lynch Interviewby conceptoefecto37,577 views
- 1:16 David Lynch: Dune & Failureby DuneInfo31,983 views
- 6:02 Steven Spielberg admits he didn't want to do Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skullby DisneyDude309,067 views
- 13:46 David Lynch on Twitter, Partying & Being Freeby Noisey90,108 views