David Lynch Meets George Lucas
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Sign in to YouTube
Uploaded on Feb 17, 2010
The Hudson Union Society™ www.hudsonunionsociety.com is where todays leaders come to discuss tomorrows ideas. If you live not to far from New York, please join us in person. Three time Oscar nominated director David Lynch is among the leading filmmakers of our era. From the early seventies to the present day, Lynch's popular and critically acclaimed film projects, which include Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Wild at Heart, Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Straight Story, and Mulholland Drive, are considered to have broken down the wall between art-house cinema and Hollywood moviemaking.
David Lynch is famous for writing and directing what can only be called David Lynch movies, features whose perplexing plots are often a surreal mix of wonder and repugnance. Lynch is one of a handful if the most famous directors in the world who has changed cinema for good.
After his first film, Eraserhead (1976), became a cult hit, Lynch directed, Elephant Man, the film was a critical and box-office success and he was nominated for an Oscar in 1980, based on the tragic real life experience of Joseph Merrick in Victorian London, and Blue Velvet in 1986, starring Isabella Rosselini, Kyle Mclachlan, and Dennis Hopper. All of these films are characterized by their darkness and beauty. He directed Frank Herberts classic sci-fi novel Dune for the silver screen. The television series Twin Peaks, in the late eighties, brought Lynch's work to a far larger audience and was hailed as a lovingly crafted, strange and original work for television.
Wild At Heart, starring Nicolas Cage and Laura Dern, won the Palme D'Or at the Cannes Film Festival in 1990. 1999 saw the release of The Straight Story, starring Sissy Spacek and Richard Farnsworth, which was considered a beautifully shot film of a remarkable true story. Mullholland Drive won Lynch the Best Director award at Cannes in 2001 and another Oscar nomination for Best Director.
Mr. Lynched was offered to direct the third Star Wars film, Return of the Jedi, but turned it down.
As a filmmaker, Lynch revels in his power to stimulate, understanding full well that his visceral, often oblique images may frustrate and even antagonize audiences. Though his work is full of abstractions, it is still, in large part, about the old-fashioned conflict between good and evil, something on which moviegoers can certainly hang their hat. Lynch has said that finding love in hell is a theme in all his movies. Lynch has had a major impact on promoting and developing consciousness-based education for children. Lynch and his Foundation believe in developing the full creative potential of the brain and mind, improving health, reducing stress, and improving academic outcomes for children. To date, Lynch's Foundation has granted scholarships over 100,000 at-risk students, their parents, teachers and administrators
Standard YouTube License
- 8:09 David Lynch on Bob's Big Boyby hudsonunionsociety 15,933 views
- 3:56 Harold Ramis on the Metaphor of Ground Hog Dayby hudsonunionsociety 9,174 views
- 4:42 Ann Coulter on Muslims & Airport Securityby hudsonunionsociety 17,932 views
- 4:24 Ian McDiarmid on George Lucas Hiring Himby hudsonunionsociety 48,047 views
- 19:55 A Conversation With David Lynchby suspekt29 1,034 views
- David Lynch 9,635 videos922
- 1:51 David Lynch: Working with Marilyn Mansonby EMDMlive 58,481 views
- 35:08 George Lucas Interviewby onlineinquirer 29,995 views
- 4:08 David Lynch - How to Translate an Idea into Realityby mondovich 104,039 views
- 3:43 David Lynch: Dune Interviewby DuneInfo 2,467 views
- 1:53 David Lynch Interviews Paul McCartneyby dlftv 41,287 views
- 4:35 David Lynch interviewby davidalpintv 8,188 views
- 10:01 David Lynch - Consciousness (1/4)by watnoudan888 15,167 views
- 6:44 Russell Brand talks about Transcendental Meditation at Operation Warrior Wellness launchby DavidLynchFoundation 237,906 views
- 1:49:23 David Lynch: Consciousness, Creativity and the Brainby UCBerkeleyEvents 237,072 views
- 2:46 Red Carpet Interviews at David Lynch Foundation's "Meditation Creativity Peace" LA Premiereby DavidLynchFoundation 2,709 views
- 12:35 FRANCE 24 The Interview - David Lynch Film Director , part1by france24english 8,392 views
- 3:28 George Lucas discusses his reasons behind making Red Tails...by blacktreemedia 17,980 views
- 3:10 iW Video: David Lynch & Laura Dern at the New York Film Festby indieWIRE 20,138 views
- 2:38 David Lynch: I Love the Small Camerasby frankwilma 6,867 views
- 4:24 David Lynch: Consciousness and Creativityby MaharishiUniversity 11,332 views
- Loading more suggestions...